No prerunning Vegas to Reno

Rcamp99

I don't think this is a stupid thread at all.
But I do think some comments here are stupid.
YOU know in your head what you're doing when you're out driving/riding on race routes IF you have a plan to be racing. That's sh!tty. You're potentially causing BITD a probelm.
Hell, I'm not local up there and I've been pissed getting passed (my son has been too) by other racers NOT running the same course, and that sucks, but it's local knowledge. I can't say much because I do (did) have some advantage in Baja.
It wasn't until that other thread where Mike Pyle stated he had pre-run, and others too, that I even had a clue so many people pre-run BITD. LAME.

YES! WhistleDick awards and everything! Those were fun times.
LOL half the bike teams are pre running too. My favorite is when I’d help set up NHHA course and we’d have the pro bike guys up there the week of the race running around town riding “setting bikes up” and magically the course would have lines burned in. We’d put up trail cams and see people in the gear they were sponsored by on plain bikes with no graphics , numbers or logos riding around on the marked course. It’s so hard to enforce if you can't prove it was xxxxx rider. Even if they are right in front of you at the hotel that night. Bikes go in the van and it’s impossible to prove.

class5cole

LOL half the bike teams are pre running too. My favorite is when I’d help set up NHHA course and we’d have the pro bike guys up there the week of the race running around town riding “setting bikes up” and magically the course would have lines burned in. We’d put up trail cams and see people in the gear they were sponsored by on plain bikes with no graphics , numbers or logos riding around on the marked course. It’s so hard to enforce if you can't prove it was xxxxx rider. Even if they are right in front of you at the hotel that night. Bikes go in the van and it’s impossible to prove.
First thing I was told by another NHHA rider, ushering me in- Take your plates off and go run the course

Steve_Sourapas

Casey Folks put the fear of God in you that if he caught you running the courses before the race that he work ban you for one year from BITD. Casey had spies everywhere in those areas. It's one thing to just go prerunning to at least see the course but it's a whole different issue when you are doing it to find short cuts. To the competitors that magically find that their trackers don't work for a short periods of time and are caught cheating they should be banned for 5 years. Needs to be some very stiff punishment or they will just keep doing it and hope that they don't get caught.

Last edited:

jon coleman

Casey Folks put the fear of God in you that if he caught you running the courses before the race that he work ban you for one year from BITD. Casey had spies everywhere in those areas. It's one thing to just go prerunning to at least see the course but it's a whole different issue when you are doing it to find short cuts. To the competitors that magically find that their trackers don't work for a short periods of time and are caught cheating they should be banned for 5 years. Needs to be some very stiff punishment or they will just keep doing it and hope that they don't get caught.
life .

MTPyle

I have been at the lake with no cell service. Just got some tonight.

This sport is filled with special rules for some. When we came into the sport we followed every rule to the T. Then found out that actually there are many rules that are not really rules. I thought pre running was not OK then found out all the top teams are doing it.

It’s not OK to have the new guys get a disadvantage because they didn’t know which rules you can bend. I also never knew you could cut the course and found out that if you do it right it’s OK. Even in qualifying I watched guys post in car cameras where they cut the course. It was OK and I didn’t know it.

Fact is you can pre run as long as you do it right. Maybe I will get I trouble for sharing the truth but it is what it is. also fact, many teams have already and will pre run V2R. We don’t even know if we will race that race so we won’t be spending any time in that area.

I am all for rules but it’s crazy that some people get to do things that others don’t. Kind of like a point I made awhile ago on my thread about sharing too much. I guess what you guys are saying now is that I am sharing too much. Haha

Mike

jon coleman

thats what makes a win( never did off road 1700 cls,) or beating the guy who Does stretch rules& pre runs& finds ' alternate' lines, MP, when you bag your first win, its Much better knowing that your doing it clean

jon coleman

This is our first year racing. If you ask me you guys have all pre ran the course for years and I think it’s unfair.
what REALLY sux is no participation hardware, im sure most series in motorsport has rules that the grizzled class vet laffs at, when i started in this sport, i was lucky to be around old skool top level people , got to pick there brains, Lotts of words of wisdom on the ways of the desert racer, Everything i was told was soooo true in actual practice, if your new, ask top guys all the questions they can stand.

J Prich

This is our first year racing. If you ask me you guys have all pre ran the course for years and I think it’s unfair.
I may not be following what you're putting down here, but everyone who's ever raced V2R before has more course knowledge than someone who's never raced it before. That's not really the same as pre running. Unless you are thinking the only "fair" way to do it is to somehow create a brand new course, every year, that no one's ever seen.

E.Hagle

I may not be following what you're putting down here, but everyone who's ever raced V2R before has more course knowledge than someone who's never raced it before. That's not really the same as pre running. Unless you are thinking the only "fair" way to do it is to somehow create a brand new course, every year, that no one's ever seen.
I’m just having fun with you guys. I’d love to pre-run just to get more time out there driving, although I’m partially relieved I don’t have to sweat it out in the Vegas heat an extra weekend. Plus there’s more fulfillment in smoking guys who know the course while we run it blind on course notes!

J Prich

I’m just having fun with you guys. I’d love to pre-run just to get more time out there driving, although I’m partially relieved I don’t have to sweat it out in the Vegas heat an extra weekend. Plus there’s more fulfillment in smoking guys who know the course while we run it blind on course notes!
From our experience, depending on where you start it might not matter anyway, lol. We started pretty far back so by the time you get to most sections that have had 150+ cars on it already, it probably looked nothing like what it would have looked like on the pre run anyway, lol.

ACME

The rules are the rules and the "guideline" arguement is a joke: The obvious problem is the organizers aren't enforcing their own rules in a manner that makes it clear that you will be penalized. Just because some entitled dillhole cheats and bends the rules, shouldn't make it the norm.

It's sad that there is so little concern for this sport-hobbys existence that people can justify cheating and/or putting events in jeopardy because another guy did it...

Word for the day: "Lemming" [ˈlemiNG] Noun, a person who unthinkingly joins a mass movement, especially a headlong rush to destruction. (2nd definition)

This sport is filled with special rules for some. When we came into the sport we followed every rule to the T. Then found out that actually there are many rules that are not really rules. I thought pre running was not OK then found out all the top teams are doing it.

It’s not OK to have the new guys get a disadvantage because they didn’t know which rules you can bend. I also never knew you could cut the course and found out that if you do it right it’s OK. Even in qualifying I watched guys post in car cameras where they cut the course. It was OK and I didn’t know it.

Fact is you can pre run as long as you do it right. Maybe I will get I trouble for sharing the truth but it is what it is. also fact, many teams have already and will pre run V2R. We don’t even know if we will race that race so we won’t be spending any time in that area.

43mod

So how much money would it take to lease the ground and let it be open season ? Real question. Since the ground is becoming scarce due to development and politics maybe that's an option . I would guess cattle ranchers are not spending enormous amounts of money on this ground .

jon coleman

hmmm, i vaguely recall Sal Fish's take on ' rules'.....was it ' go win a championship first' ...?( something along those lines, before you protest, i think it means especially if your new, win first, then be a rules stickler, rDc, if not S F, my bad, but i remember a rules blo- up, not too long ago, & the protester was told that

ht racing

you just do not come on a public forum and start telling everyone what you did that might be against the rules. the top teams do not and there is a reason.

MTPyle

The rule says you can not pre run the marked race course. Going out in Parker where a race is Later in the year does not count as pre running the race course.

So what you guys are saying is the only people that should get to pre run are the top teams. So only Voss or Letner can pre run but I can’t? That’s bull crap.

I without a doubt have not broke any rules or cheated. I have asked BITD what is OK and I stay within what they say is OK. I have asked and never told what I wanted to do was against any rules. So you guys that say I am cheating can pound sand.

Oh but you are OK with the top teams doing it as long as they don’t say anything? So the guys that try and hide are OK but I ask and make sure I am not breaking any rules and that’s a problem? Hypocrisy at its finest.

This is one of the worst parts of this sport. Bunch of double standards and special rules for certain teams. People are defending Concrete for cutting the course while calling me out for doing what I was told was OK.

anyone can call and ask BITD what is acceptable for “pre running” or testing. I suggest you guys that are calling me a cheater do some research first.

Mike

J Prich

Pretty standard for RDC. Half the people insisting that you shouldn't be on any road that could be race course any time except race day or you're cheating, half the people mad because someone pointed out that people go on the roads on days where there is no racing. Par for the course really.

ht racing

you cant pre run a course without a official pre run and not break the rules. kinda like saying lets get together and do a poker run on facebook on blm land without a permit! that will also get you busted. common sense here [email protected]!

dan200

#BSF200
Mike isn't a cheater. He's probably the most open guy there is on this forum and he is as humble in real life as he is on RDC. He spoke about doing what many have always done. Previously, like a week ago, "bird watching" between Beatty and Carson city was common for tons of teams. TONS. I can't remember anyone ever getting busted for it. But now Mike is the poster boy for illegal prerunning? Give me a break.

Even if he was cheating, hes horrible at it. Go look at his race results. (Sorry Mike;))

MTPyle

HT, you are wrong.

You can go on open lands before a race. As long as it’s not during the permit time and or marked course.

If I lived in Laughlin and went where the race is on my dirt bike is that Ok? Yes it is as long as it’s not two weeks before the race.

again if what you are saying is correct than anyone living in Parker can not go in the desert there anytime of the year. Are you saying that’s true?

Mike