No prerunning Vegas to Reno

J Prich

Hmmmmm, this is a never ending discussion. Policing and enforcing this is really tough. I do thousands of miles every year all over Nevada. I did about 1,000 miles this spring up and around Caliente. We did a ride from Alamo to Caliente and back, it was 300 miles and an absolute blast. I would not be happy if someone said "he was pre-running" when I was taking some friends for a ride. None of the people in my group race, it was strictly recreational, but we did run many sections that Silver State uses. I didnt race Silver State but open desert is open desert. I lead my group on multi-day adventures pretty frequently during riding season. It's really hard to say you cant go on these roads ever because thats "pre-running"
Agreed 1000%. Trying to define what is and isnt “prerunning” is very difficult. Even more difficult to enforce. The concerns about “prerunning” and the issues it can/does cause is totally valid. But how you stop that from happening is easier said than done.

MTPyle

In my opinion as long as you are not in a race vehicle and not weeks before the event it’s OK.

riding our dirt bikes around a race course area a month before a race is totally fine.

that’s how I interpret the rules. Unless someone can point to something that is more clear?

Mike

ht racing

Bingo, if you have to bend or break the rules to win? You don’t have what it takes.
a bunch of top tt guys pre run v2r so i am told. they have what it takes just want a advantage if possible. but if you check there instagram or face book or rdc they do not say anything because it is a grey area as if your pre running or out for a long ride to check out the desert. just have fun out there!

jon coleman

To be fair, we won the Mint twice, and finished second once. Also a second at V2R but it's a small class so who really cares. And I wasn't really a 1450 rep for the Mint but I DID and would love to help get more 1450 guys out to the Mint because I think it would be rad. But yeah again, maybe RDC should make a rule that everyone has to post their resumes to their profiles so we know who's points are valid and who's aren't...
then after your resumes' are submitted, everyone drop your pants.....

Attachments

jon coleman

in road racing the pre run is the pace, or ' reconnaissance lap' so you can look for any anomaly s , dirt in a corner, oil in the line, any hazards, your slick cheater opening lap ' escape' route' at the turn one melee, me personally think driving the course before a race is a safety thing, bitd Parker pre runs are the way to go

dan200

#BSF200
Agreed 1000%. Trying to define what is and isnt “prerunning” is very difficult. Even more difficult to enforce. The concerns about “prerunning” and the issues it can/does cause is totally valid. But how you stop that from happening is easier said than done.
EXACTLY THIS.

What prerunning "is" needs to be clearly defined in the rules. Yes I realize there is a generally accepted definition but that definition can technically be seen as "no one involved with a team may drive on any land between Beatty and Carson City except on race day and then only if they are entered in the race."

dhjeepgeek

Wow, this is almost pop corn worthy. ht racing. You aren't playing nice. I can guess some 1450 guys wont like you. I can guess you won't care.
Flat biller, that's harsh. My bill has a curve to it. No sticker on the bill either
Also, there is pre running in California. But it is just those little MORE and SNORE races. Not the cool organizations like BITD. (I am joking there. They are cool too)
Mike is correct, the rules say what they say.
ht, Have BITD make more rules. We always need more rules.
Mike next time, keep it quiet. What they don't know wont get you drilled on here. You didn't break any rules as far as I can see. It sounds like you wouldn't either.
Alrighty then, I could resist getting into the frey.

dan200

#BSF200
Mike I always look forward to your threads/posts. I sincerely hope that you continue with them.

HT, remember when we used to have heavy hitters post on RDC? Or even just lots of people who were involved in the sport participating on here? Or a combination of both? Many of them abandoned this site because of antagonism like you are presenting here.

If were gonna blame Mike Pyle for ruining desert racing then we get to blame you for ruining RDC.

Now, neither of those statements would be true but, if you're gonna act like Mike is the devil then i think its only fair that we get to paint you as the devil also.

Fair?

jon coleman

desert racing used to be to get away from this thing im tapping on at this minute, just GET THE FUDGE AWAY FROM EVERYDAY STRESS!, trouble now is no one can get away anymore, , there is just no things to get involved in that haven't been corrupted by the pc Ken&Karen's of the world, from now on, in order to desert race, NO SocialMedia IS ALLOWED

tapeworm

I think it’s just time to put the HT account under the ignore tab. My opinion after reading through that usernames posts is that it is an account created only to cause hatred and discontent in the thread. He succeeded but with the ignore feature that persons posts don’t even show up and the individuals that are trying to have a serious discussion about the topic can focus on the topic instead of the antagonistic banter.

It was an interesting tread to read until the HT fellow got involved and de-railed the topic. Hopefully it gets refocused and becomes good discussion again.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
I have an idea. I'd love to see a conversation like this take place in person at a race. We could re-create the old RDC parties we had in the early 2000's at the Choo Choo bar in Laughlin at RATR in December. I'll buy the first couple of rounds.

Then to top it off, @ht racing and @J Prich can race in a 1450. One drives Saturday and the other drives Sunday and compare times.

@dan200, Andy and Dan McMillin and I'm sure some others might take offense to your comment about no heavy hitters posting here. Plus there are plenty of racers of all levels posting here and they are all equally important to me. But you are right, there are plenty that just post on social media now. Although many people are waking up to how toxic SM can be, plus the censorship. That's probably a Purple discussion though.

Screenshots from a video from a 2004 RDC party in Laughlin. Virtual high 5 if you can tell me who the Franchise is.
2004-LDC-RDC-party-1.jpg2004-LDC-RDC-party-2.jpg2004-LDC-RDC-party-3.jpg

Anyway, back to prerunning talk...

J Prich

I have an idea. I'd love to see a conversation like this take place in person at a race. We could re-create the old RDC parties we had in the early 2000's at the Choo Choo bar in Laughlin at RATR in December. I'll buy the first couple of rounds.

Then to top it off, @ht racing and @J Prich can race in a 1450. One drives Saturday and the other drives Sunday and compare times.

@dan200, Andy and Dan McMillin and I'm sure some others might take offense to your comment about no heavy hitters posting here. Plus there are plenty of racers of all levels posting here and they are all equally important to me. But you are right, there are plenty that just post on social media now. Although many people are waking up to how toxic SM can be, plus the censorship. That's probably a Purple discussion though.

Screenshots from a video from a 2004 RDC party in Laughlin. Virtual high 5 if you can tell me who the Franchise is.
View attachment 216060View attachment 216061View attachment 216062

Anyway, back to prerunning talk...
The Franchise? Sounds like some no name flat biller...

Appreciate the sentiments but it’s all been done. If you aren’t racing for Snuggies, what’s the point? What’s more meaningful IMO is to have that conversation over a few beers with someone directly from the org that can speak definitively to the issues that Mike and others have raised here. The rest of these convos is just noise really.

MTPyle

Curtis,

You are right there are some great guys with big teams posting here and adding great value. I just get a few PM's from guys that used to post and say they stopped from some of the childish negative nellys that can be on here.

Problem is when you put yourself out there you get crap. Most of the time its all in fun and nobody cares. But sometimes it gets personal and no fun. I can be a big smart A$$ in life and on SM which gets me in trouble. Haha. I was even giving Andy some crap the other day on here like I was drinking a beer with him. I am sure he was like who the hell is this guy and he needs to shut the F up. What you can say to someone over a beer is very different than what you can say on a forum.

So for that reason I am in support of your bar idea. Sounds amazing and I would offer to buy a round but I know how much some of these guys can drink. LOL

Mike

Curtis Guise

Administrator
The Franchise? Sounds like some no name flat biller...

Appreciate the sentiments but it’s all been done. If you aren’t racing for Snuggies, what’s the point? What’s more meaningful IMO is to have that conversation over a few beers with someone directly from the org that can speak definitively to the issues that Mike and others have raised here. The rest of these convos is just noise really.
Definitely a no name flat biller lol.

I almost forgot about snuggies. I should have posted the video of that too.