No pro-2 in borg-warner??

justafan

Reaction
Is this true??

I thought that ABC was live for this race? Sure won't make for good TV when there are only 9-10 trucks and half, most likely, won't finish.

I'll still be there, but Crandon won't have the same anticipation/drama on Sunday...

ragracin

Reaction
It has not as much to do with borgwarner not being in the pro 2 market as it does the tv time. The live tv is set for in the afternoon and the borgwarner in not a Torc race. It is a race that is only done at Crandon. Therefore it needed to be a Torc series race on the live tv in which they decided to make it the pro 4 race and also have that be the Borgwarner. It sounds like in the spring the cup race will be only 2 wd and in the fall it will be only 4wd. They are still sorting things out. Something even better might come as a result of this, who knows. If you have any ideas, throw them on here, they all read this website.

Last edited:

Bucksey

Reaction
I agree it's not going to be the same with only around 10 trucks on the track racing. Half the fun is watching the pro-4's run hard and have to work there way through the pro-2 traffic to get to the front, makes for very interesting races. I also understand the reasoning for Borgwarners decision as they are a 4wd company.

What I am kind of worried about is that it's just going to be a repeat of the 4wd race earlier in the day with maybe 1 or 2 less trucks that are broken down from the first race....

For sure if they happen to have the pro-2's run at the same time for a seperate championship or something, a change in the start line needs to be done...the spring race was very poorly planned...either way hope there are at least 3-4 trucks racing for it at the checkered.

Nash!

Reaction
I hope that this is not change just for the sake of change. I feel something like this should just be left alone. I will never forget watching Scott Taylor smoke the field in 2002.That was crazy exciting stuff wondering if he could hold on and do something that had never been done before. JMHO.

Just_Terry

Reaction
This is not just a BorgWarner decision as it may appear. There will be only one Pro-4 race on Sunday. It will be for TORC points and The Manufacturers' Trophy (BorgWarner Cup) The reason behind this decision as it was explained to me is to give TORC all the exposure on live TV they can get. Some folks at BorgWarner aren't crazy about the idea of limiting the trucks to 4WD and only having a dozen or so competing. They do however understand how important this decision is for TORC and all of Off-Road racing for that matter. I believe the 40th. anniversary is going to be great weekend and hope that everyone enjoys it as much as I will.

hoeker

Reaction
I agree it's not going to be the same with only around 10 trucks on the track racing....

this brings up a good question, just how many pro-4's will we have? i heard a pretty high number mentioned that were pre-registered, but that could be just rumor.

baja619

Reaction
Does TORC Race mean Carl Redezeder and Travis Conye will be denied?

ragracin

Reaction
You wont see any orange tape, at least not in the top three, but you will see some black and green, some black with stars, and some grey and black, the only orange you might see up front might be Cenni!!!! okay guys start the bashing..

Slash01z

Reaction
I know traxxas has put so much into TORC and I say great job to them but come on 1 team associated truck on the track will not get somone to say oh lets go buy a team associated truck or team associated looks better then traxxas. All the banners around the track say traxxas and all the commercials say traxxas I dont think a fan will remember one pro 4 truck instead of traxxas when this same fan will probably see the word traxxas in every photo video or live appearence Background at the track. All I am saying is that TORC should not make this same mistake again. I know I would rather let travis fly associated then have over half of the short course nation bashing on what a dumb move that TORC made AGAIN!

TORC give in a little and I can tell you that you will be looked at as good class instead of a series who makes guys cover up competing sponsors with orange tape. We dont need to have competing sponsors being denied at least not untill short course racing can become stable again.

MeFirst

Reaction
this brings up a good question, just how many pro-4's will we have? i heard a pretty high number mentioned that were pre-registered, but that could be just rumor.

Spill the beans Ross - who did you hear is coming? I would guess Jerry Daugherty, Kent Brascho, and Crandon Carl show up. If Carl comes I hope that means Pflueger will be there. Maybe Coyne? Al Drews? Luke Z finally getting the Ultra out on the track? Whose P4 was Ken Kincaid driving?

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
IF Carl does come he should put Rob "Fig" Naughton ...aka Bobby Earl in his spare truck!

Rob knows how to drive the track and has proven himself as one of the best drivers in the sport!

I vote for Rob in the spare truck!

p.s.
not to stir the pot but hand me the spoon.

If Rob drives Carl's spare, this would put two of Lucas's best drivers against the rest of the field. It could be a one two punch for Lucas.

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
IF Carl does come he should put Rob "Fig" Naughton ...aka Bobby Earl in his spare truck!

Rob knows how to drive the track and has proven himself as one of the best drivers in the sport!

p.s.

If Rob drives Carl's spare, this would put two of Lucas's best drivers against the rest of the field. It could be a one two punch for Lucas.

Hey, that's the best idea I have heard all year. It's definitely got my vote, I would start packing my bags right now.
Rob

little bart

Reaction
15 Pro-4s will make a pretty good Borgwarner.... but think of 15 pro-4s and 20+pro-2s all flat out for 15 mins. That would be a race to remember with some of the best drivers from both series finally united on one of the best tracks ever. That wouldn't make for good TV?? What if a sponsor stepped up for Pro-2s and Borgwarner would still pay overall winner mucho money. Think of trying to pick the winner of that race.

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
WOOO HOOO we got one yes!

Come Carl, I know you and your team members read the forum, so what do you say?
Can we get a one, two Team Lucas punch?
Carl and Rob = Team Lucas.....a winning combination:)

Hey, that's the best idea I have heard all year. It's definitely got my vote, I would start packing my bags right now.
Rob

CMI CHUCK

Reaction

p.s.

If Carl lets him use the backup truck, I will pay Rob's entry fee$$$
And if you win Rob you have to look into the camera and tell the world that Buggy Dorks rule!