• Forum membership has its advantages....

No reply from Dirt Sports! (figured!)

Baldy_877x

I e-mailed Mari on the 13th of last month and still haven't herd anything back. So, I'm writing this one off as a loss. I did find that Off-Road magizene has a "dirt speed and performance" version fo there mag. Anyone like that one?
Later
Baldy

hydrokeith

Have not heard of that one. Mari responded to my notes, and then sent me another a couple weeks later to "confirm" my information. I have yet to receive a magazine, hoping it will show up this week while I'm in baja as they normally arrived the middle of the month.

nickhead

Here is a thought.. maybe "MARTY" has not been in the office checking email's latley, as this month and last month were very busy with with such events like Powder Puff, BITD, SEMA, Lucas Oil Offroad Series, then were into the Baja 1000. I am not sure if your aware how much "Marty" actually does for the offroad, I can assure you he is not at his desk monday thru friday waiting for emails to come in so he can reply with in minutes. All I am saying is maybe insteading of looking to "roast" anyone check your facts, and be pateince, as we are all busy. Also if your that hard up for a dirtsports mag, then I say attend a race or two a year, and you will run into one of them, Kurt, Jim, or Marty as they are in the dirt amost every weekend, and they will probably give you a free copy.

I e-mailed Mari on the 13th of last month and still haven't herd anything back. So, I'm writing this one off as a loss. I did find that Off-Road magizene has a "dirt speed and performance" version fo there mag. Anyone like that one?
Later
Baldy

Baldy_877x

Here is a thought.. maybe "MARTY" has not been in the office checking email's latley, as this month and last month were very busy with with such events like Powder Puff, BITD, SEMA, Lucas Oil Offroad Series, then were into the Baja 1000. I am not sure if your aware how much "Marty" actually does for the offroad, I can assure you he is not at his desk monday thru friday waiting for emails to come in so he can reply with in minutes. All I am saying is maybe insteading of looking to "roast" anyone check your facts, and be pateince, as we are all busy. Also if your that hard up for a dirtsports mag, then I say attend a race or two a year, and you will run into one of them, Kurt, Jim, or Marty as they are in the dirt amost every weekend, and they will probably give you a free copy.
Hello - My name is Mari Provenzano, and I am the Vice President of Ryan Communications Group, owner of Dirt Sports Magazine. You have indicated that you paid for a 3 year subscription in 2009 for Dirt Sports Magazine and are experiencing problems. I would like to help in any way that I can to resolve your concern, so please contact me directly at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Mari Provenzano
Vice President
Ryan Communications Group / Dirt Sports Magazine

Above is the P.M. I got from "MARI". I have no idea who "MARTY" is. As for being patient, this process of e-mailing and calling has gone on for over a year. I think i gave them plenty of time to respond. As a racer myself, I don't take "roasting" someone lightly. The only reason I posted the original message was not to stir the pot. I was telling my fellow racers to "LOOK OUT!". Maybe if "Marty" or Mari spent as much time in the office as you say they do at the track, maybe there wouldn't be so many complaints on this fourm.

nickhead

Baldy, I assumed you were referring to "Marty".. so MY BAD on the mix up. I just know that "Marty" is down in Baja for the 1000 and did not want to see another thread started and get going while they are out of town. As you can say I am being very Protective as I see them usually every other weekend at some offroad event, show etc.. and see how much they put into what they do. In My Opinion, why start a new thread to bring up any "Dirtsports" issue when you already have another "Dirtsports" thread below it? Glad you dont take roasting lightly ,cause as you can tell neither do I. So no big deal to me, just with your "rookie" status I did not want to see another person join RDC just to start fires,?? if you catch what I mean.. So, My Bad...

Hello - My name is Mari Provenzano, and I am the Vice President of Ryan Communications Group, owner of Dirt Sports Magazine. You have indicated that you paid for a 3 year subscription in 2009 for Dirt Sports Magazine and are experiencing problems. I would like to help in any way that I can to resolve your concern, so please contact me directly at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Best regards, Mari Provenzano Vice President Ryan Communications Group / Dirt Sports Magazine Above is the P.M. I got from "MARI". I have no idea who "MARTY" is. As for being patient, this process of e-mailing and calling has gone on for over a year. I think i gave them plenty of time to respond. As a racer myself, I don't take "roasting" someone lightly. The only reason I posted the original message was not to stir the pot. I was telling my fellow racers to "LOOK OUT!". Maybe if "Marty" or Mari spent as much time in the office as you say they do at the track, maybe there wouldn't be so many complaints on this fourm.

MPR RCG

Hello Baldy_877x - I would like to take this opportunity, especially in light of you creating a second thread, to clarify that I did, indeed, respond to you through your personal email as opposed to RDC PM; however, since you have decided to start a new thread on your old issue, let me respond in the open public forum. Based on the information your stated in your original "Ripped Off By Dirt Sports" posting -- i.e., you paid for a 3 Year Subscription to Dirt Sports in 2009, and have not received a single issue, here are the facts based on the information you supplied to me privately (i.e., you full name, address, city/state/zip dating back to 2009). Ryan Communications Group ("RCG") acquired Dirt Sports in December 2008 from Advanstar. In my discussions with Advanstar personnel, Advanstar stopped offering "3 year subscriptions" in 2007! RCG has never offered a 3 year subscription since 2008. Can you see where there is some confusion on your stated "3 year subscription?" However, we decided to look into your concern and searched the databases as far back as 2007. We spelled your name correctly, incorrectly, looked solely for your street address, and solely your zip code -- going line by line to see if you appeared anywhere in the database has having been a paid subscriber through RCG. We came up with nothing. This now leads me to believe that you apparently subscribed through some internet web based subscription company (offering cheap subscriptions to publications) that is not affiliated in any way with RCG or Dirt Sports magazine. RCG offers only two ways to subscribe to its publication: (1) through the toll free subscriber number located in the magazine (i.e., 866-529-2920) or (2) at any event/race where the 20x20 Dirt Sports Booth is set up. Additionally, since it's acquisition in 2008, RCG has only offered a 1 year or 2 year subscription (maximum) -- never a 3 year subscription. With that said, you should go back and examine your credit card records from 2009 to see what company charged your account for a 3 year subscription to Dirt Sports, and request a refund. With regard to your statement to me in a personal email, "And when we settle our issues, I give you my word that I will make sure that I post that you made it right for me!," I'm not quite sure what you are looking for insofar as RCG "make it right for [you]" since we have never shown you on any record/database as being a subscriber through RCG. I look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely, Mari Provenzano Ryan

fathead

Buzzinga...point to Dirt Sports
Fair enough, but a quick glance a the score board shows DirtSports still trailing by a large margin.
That's kinda like getting excited if the Clippers won a game, nice, but I still would not put my money on them....

Marty Fiolka

All,

May I step in here to say that these threads are not meant to be a game and we are not trying to "win" anything. If our subscribers are having difficulty getting the issues that they paid for, it's very important to us that each request has been carefully looked at by our office and the fulfillment supplier we use. In truth, Mari has spent tons of time in the past month looking at each one of these concerns posted on RDC, and has solved,fixed or at least addressed all of them.

Please try and refrain from "quick glances at the score board." We mail/distribute 50,000 plus copies of the magazine each month, and unfortunately, it's never a 100% fool-proof system. The fact is that many people we helped had moved, had subscriptions that had lapsed or even had subscribed via unauthorized and illegal internet sites using our magazine's name without us knowing.

What's also unfortunate is that the readers we have helped or corrected (and provided a years' free subscription to in many cases) since these threads have started can seem to find the time to post information after being helped.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Best,
Marty

troyharper

DA Meatball
I just recieved my 11/2010 issue in the mail.
Honesty,
Meatball

Baldy_877x

Hello Baldy_877x - I would like to take this opportunity, especially in light of you creating a second thread, to clarify that I did, indeed, respond to you through your personal email as opposed to RDC PM; however, since you have decided to start a new thread on your old issue, let me respond in the open public forum. Based on the information your stated in your original "Ripped Off By Dirt Sports" posting -- i.e., you paid for a 3 Year Subscription to Dirt Sports in 2009, and have not received a single issue, here are the facts based on the information you supplied to me privately (i.e., you full name, address, city/state/zip dating back to 2009). Ryan Communications Group ("RCG") acquired Dirt Sports in December 2008 from Advanstar. In my discussions with Advanstar personnel, Advanstar stopped offering "3 year subscriptions" in 2007! RCG has never offered a 3 year subscription since 2008. Can you see where there is some confusion on your stated "3 year subscription?" However, we decided to look into your concern and searched the databases as far back as 2007. We spelled your name correctly, incorrectly, looked solely for your street address, and solely your zip code -- going line by line to see if you appeared anywhere in the database has having been a paid subscriber through RCG. We came up with nothing. This now leads me to believe that you apparently subscribed through some internet web based subscription company (offering cheap subscriptions to publications) that is not affiliated in any way with RCG or Dirt Sports magazine. RCG offers only two ways to subscribe to its publication: (1) through the toll free subscriber number located in the magazine (i.e., 866-529-2920) or (2) at any event/race where the 20x20 Dirt Sports Booth is set up. Additionally, since it's acquisition in 2008, RCG has only offered a 1 year or 2 year subscription (maximum) -- never a 3 year subscription. With that said, you should go back and examine your credit card records from 2009 to see what company charged your account for a 3 year subscription to Dirt Sports, and request a refund. With regard to your statement to me in a personal email, "And when we settle our issues, I give you my word that I will make sure that I post that you made it right for me!," I'm not quite sure what you are looking for insofar as RCG "make it right for [you]" since we have never shown you on any record/database as being a subscriber through RCG. I look forward to hearing back from you. Sincerely, Mari Provenzano Ryan
Interesting! You think that if you print my name and address on the cover you would have that information on file. Also, I don't remember who i got the subscription from. Is there any way we can use the numbers on the magizene above the address to find out. looks like that may be a tracking number of some kind. If there is an internet company out there selling fake subscriptions, then thats who we need to "look out" for.

MPR RCG

Interesting! You think that if you print my name and address on the cover you would have that information on file. Also, I don't remember who i got the subscription from. Is there any way we can use the numbers on the magizene above the address to find out. looks like that may be a tracking number of some kind. If there is an internet company out there selling fake subscriptions, then thats who we need to "look out" for.
Baldy_877x - Feel free to provide me with the numbers you show on a magazine above the address. But again, I'm confused because your original thread stated that you paid for a 3 year subscription in 2009 and never received one magazine...so where are you locating this number on the magazine above the address? And if you had this number when I originally contacted you, may I ask why you did not provide that information as well? It would have saved me, the USPS, and the fulfillment company approximately 8 hours of research on your particular comment. Please provide the information so I may submit it to our representatives. Thank you.

Shazaam

I signed up in Sept. and havnt seen anything yet. How long should I wait on everyones busy schedules before I say anything?

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Baldy_877x - Feel free to provide me with the numbers you show on a magazine above the address. But again, I'm confused because your original thread stated that you paid for a 3 year subscription in 2009 and never received one magazine...so where are you locating this number on the magazine above the address? And if you had this number when I originally contacted you, may I ask why you did not provide that information as well? It would have saved me, the USPS, and the fulfillment company approximately 8 hours of research on your particular comment. Please provide the information so I may submit it to our representatives. Thank you.
LOL, startin to think that Baldy is having selective memory. Or he's just flat out full of sheet and is trying to con DirtSports into a free year or something.