no respect!!!!!!!

jimpat

Reaction
some times i wonder... if i could win a race people and would say...he was fast and good.
We won a few MDR races.. last month the SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge..... we got 3rd at san felipe
and the going gossip sunday was: if the other trucks in the race did not break down he would have been last.
What do I have to do to have a small compliment... just a pat in the back or some one say.. good race.
The only people that shared a beer with me were the guys i raced against.... we are friends and have respect for each other... Mike D, Nick V, Jos K, and the others.
Maybe its easy to judge from the side lines.... if your spent your life spectating...
jim patelli

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

jimpat

Reaction
the previous post was not aimed at the people in this forum....
so many of you came to us and shared a drink.
thanks from the bottom of my heart
jim

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Jim as a very involved spectator I am sorry you have to go through this, I think no matter what class you race, you are working your azz off to be out there race after race, it is not a cheap thing. I want to thank all the racers that are at the races giving us the show. Thanks

A man is not finished when he is defeated,
he is finished when he quits.
-- Richard M. Nixon

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Some of you may not know who Jim is.
Besides racing the Class8 Blazer today (now driven by Joe his son) he has done almost every form of motorsport there is. Indy, Drag racing (top fuel ?) and Paris to Dakar is what I know of. He grew up with motorsport and Hot Rod legends such as Iskindarian (sp?), Hilborn and Andretti.

Unlike some of our today's racers Jim wasn't born with the silver spoon in his mouth. Everything he has done he worked hard for.

If I had to name the single most influential mentor in my live it would have to be Jim Patelli. Jim is extremely generous to others. It hurts me hear about anyone not giving him the respect that he disserves.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Jim, I was am always behind ya, all of us at Andrews Racing were behind you this last weekend also! We saw ya a couple times and it was always a good time! Keep on Racing! You guys racing MDR next month?

Go Big Or Go Home

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
Jim from someone who knows how much time,effort,people and $$$ it takes to race in the desert today I will share a Corona with you anytime.Don't give up don't ever give up (Jimmy V).

BEERMAN

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Jim- you kick ass,and i love hearing your Blazer pass me in my class 11. Keep it up. Screw the rumors and gossip, point is they BROKE and therefore they LOST. Hell I'm happy to finish...haha

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Jim,

Well, they just have no idea what it takes.
I've always been a fan, and always enjoy the show you and your guys put on!

-Gabe

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
They only broke because they were trying to catch you. Congrats. One pat on the back from me.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Fab by travolta</font color=yellow>

dezertchick

Reaction
Jim, Joe, Doug, and team are AWESOME people, Klaus is right, Jim has done about everything there is to do in motorsports. When I saw the pics of the Paris-Dakar and Indy 500 - racing that only some of us dream of doing, my respect grew to levels that, yes, Klaus, I agree with you, Jim worked for everything he has, nothing was handed to him.
I came to Jim's shop one day, the fill bolt on my transmission was wasted-stripped. Joe spend about 30 min under my truck, in the heat, and got the damn thing off. That was so nice of them...my fee-- a 12 pack of beer.

Love ya guys!

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Jim, hang in there! Don't let a couple of morons ruin your day. Remarks from apples about oranges don't hold much value. If your fellow racers respect you, then you are doing just fine. It was an honor to share a beer with you at Lauglin along with the RDC boys.

<font color=orange>The best ideas are the ones that look obvious to the casual observer.</font color=orange>

Donahoe

Reaction
Jim no matter what anyone says about you or your Race truck you will ALWAYS be one of my Heros. @*#% em if they cant take a joke.
NEVER LIFT JIM!!!!

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I wish I had...

Half the talent

Half the $

Half the class

Half the competitive edge

Half the truck

Half the support

and half the sportsmanship as the Patelli's.

Keep on truckin' with what you do best!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

rt_racer

Reaction
hang in there jim. I know how you feel. I raced for probably 4 years before finishing a race .it sucks. finally 2001 we finished every race and won one . giving up would have hurt worse. hats off to you

rdc

Reaction
Jim, I is always a pleasure to have a toddy with you and chit chat. Don't let anyone get to you. As long as you have the respect of your peers, that is all that matters, and you have ours. We have been racing together for many years, and to still be racing after all these years is a celebration of the human spirit. Anyone that finished this race is a winner in my book. It tore up racers and equipment. You are right, it is easy to be judgmental from the sidelines. Let some of these people try and maintain a race truck and a business at the same time. It's not easy. It is the love of the sport that keeps us all going.

Take Care, Ellen D

"Nothing like the sound of a Class 8 raving across the desert"

Paige

Reaction
Hey Jim, You and your team have always got my respect. You are always at the clean ups and contributing time and raffle prizes to the cause - so great race, good job and keep it up!!

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

rdc

Reaction
I forgot to mention. We are not racing until Cinco de Mayo in Mexico. We had mentioned we would chase for you at a race. When is your next race?

Ellen

RacnCPA

Reaction
Hey Jim, I second what Ellen Doherty said.

It is always those that ARE what they are accusing others of or don't have the knowledge or common sense to investigate before spouting off. You and your son Joe are Champions and that can never be taken away from either of you. Joke em, like Kreg said. I'll see you at the next race and I'll see you at the FINISH LINE, not the side lines.

PS Good luck with the truck you race on ASPHALT in addition to desert racing.

Sc

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Hey Jim, dont let that get you down. You won, doesnt matter, if they broke down thats the way it goes sometimes. When people see the results your name will still be on top. Most people understand that just to finish is an accomplishment of itself. Take the victory and enjoy it. The next one may be a long way down the road, or maybe, next race. Congrats.....

Speed Safely

martininsocal

Reaction
Jim- anyone can haul ass until their truck breaks! That is the difference between good/fast drivers and fast drivers. They may pass you in the first 30 miles, but you can laugh all the way to the finish line.
Remember-to finish first, you first have to finish!

just a question- you involved with the kia? just wondering, I know you aren't racing a saturn.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG