No Restrictor plates in 1600 class and more good stuff from NORRS

speedfun

Reaction
This should make for better racing.
I have not understood why we are still running them we are never going to have passengers.
Please let’s hear your thoughts.
As of today this is the rule for NORRS 1600 class cars
Unless you don’t like it!

If any of you would like to write to the NORRS teck department please feel free.
Every e-mail will be answered and posted on the web site so be cool guys!!!

We are looking for class reps Too;
This will give every class someone to represent concerns of any rule in your class that needs to be changed, the class rep will be the voice to the teck director and teck department for any other racing concerns you will have for years to come
(And no im not the head teck person! just hear for the drivers)
Also NORRS has implemented knowing more about you in case you get hurt.
We are going to have information so every EMT or persons that are working the race track can be aware of everything about you at a glance!!
not hurting you worse—or take the time looking at a prior injury and not see the real problem
If you have previously hurt your back or any part of your body?
Any medicines you are allergic too –
The first person you want to contact
Everything to help the persons helping you.
This is NORRS just trying to be better for all of the drivers and people helping
The people at NORRS are High Teck so look for some real cool stuff in the future like your drivers badge will have a bar code swipe it and boom your entered,--- Simple---
I hope to see you all having fun this year, Its time we the drivers are given the respect we deserve after all with out us?? It’s not much of a show now is it?
NORRS is for us!
And will be on the cutting edge to make the racing we do better!
And to give the fans and spectators a better show
norrsracing@gmail.com
Thanks Rickjames

KLS Motorsports

Reaction
The web site has said all along no restrictor plates.Does anyone realize that this race will pay 8-9 times a weekend what TORC is offering with half the entry? :D

KLS Motorsports

Reaction
Why would this be a mistake? I cant understand why anyone would want to make the slowest class on the track slower. We are still running the same intake and carb, so its not like running an open 1600. (which could get expensive to stay competitive)As anyone would agree a few more ponys to keep the wheels spinning would make it alot easier to keep from catching an edge and winding up on your lid in a corner,not to mention a little more speed would make for a much better show.We never used to run restrictor plates.Now that it is an all single seat class give me one good reason for the restrictor plate. I do agree with a 30mil plate to keep everyone on an even keel and it would give tech an easy way to check, but why would you want to restrict it. just my .02.

MNotary

Reaction
You couldn't tell the difference in speed from the grandstands. And it doesn't feel like a rocket ship without it... although quoted as... It opens up a can of worms... like cheating will actually do something to the engine. 19.5 dual port 21 single port

After 21mm......