Noob F100 question.

LCOwner

I’ve been lurking around here for a few years and I want to pull the trigger on an F100 build. Nothing outrageous, but safe and reliable. Before I do i have some questions I can’t seem to track the answers to. Most of the equal length beam kits only go back to the mid 80’s F150. Is there some significant difference between the late 60’s to 70’s frames (I hear early 80’s are not desirable) and the mid 80’s to 96 frames? If I posted this in the wrong section please feel free to move it. Thanks!

Noob

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
I’ve been lurking around here for a few years and I want to pull the trigger on an F100 build. Nothing outrageous, but safe and reliable. Before I do i have some questions I can’t seem to track the answers to. Most of the equal length beam kits only go back to the mid 80’s F150. Is there some significant difference between the late 60’s to 70’s frames (I hear early 80’s are not desirable) and the mid 80’s to 96 frames? If I posted this in the wrong section please feel free to move it. Thanks!

Noob
Yes.
What are you starting with?
You really need to look at Autofab.com, the king of Early Fords. He has the parts, the knowledge, and the advice. Not cheap but you get a great product. He has it all, from simple lifts to full tilt prerunner stuff. Or if looking to go a little more bomb proof, Blitzkrieg has a F-100 race beam kit.

A really good junk yard front end is, F-250 beams (1" king pins) with the F-100/150 front spindle bored out to keep 5x5.5(autofab also carries an aftermarket Cone hub upgrade) and the radius are very easy to extend, its strong, simple and proven.

LCOwner

I'm eye-balling a 69 and/or a 73. I will keep it pre-smog ('75). A friend also advised calling them. Is he easy to talk to? I hate bothering people with stupid questions during working hours. Thanks for the reply.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
I'm eye-balling a 69 and/or a 73. I will keep it pre-smog ('75). A friend also advised calling them. Is he easy to talk to? I hate bothering people with stupid questions during working hours. Thanks for the reply.
He's pretty easy to talk to, if you're really worried about it, email him. John is great guy. both are great years.