NOORS 1st Stop Antelope Valley...Who's racing???

LukeHuff

Reaction
Anybody know who's racing the noors 1st stop at AV? I've been trying to find a driver list but no luck. Want to see if its worth the drive or no. Thanks

Scott Rehn

Reaction
In all honesty, my cell phone has been ringing off the hook answering general questions and some a little more specific. There really has been a LOT of interest especially with the cheap registration fees and no cutting of the pay-outs. From what I am gathering after speaking to some "big-dogs" in the pro-buggy division, I am betting on a pretty good turn out in that class. There's been interest from the pro-lite ranks as well. With TORC this last weekend and Lucas next weekend, I really don't know what to expect from the pro-2s and pro-4s. If nothing else, we are inviting them to come out and use it as an organized test session for them. Haven't heard from the 1450 guys too much. Should be a GREAT kart crowd! I think we wont know how everything shakes out until "they" show up on friday and register at the track. If anyone has decided to:D race, it would be great if you'd "pre-register" and make it easier on your team and the NORRS staff as well. Heck, if you're still on the fence, register anyway, and if your team decides not to race, either use that fee for a future event or your registration will be refunded, guaranteed! But as I said earlier, I dont expect a lot of pre-registrations, but a LOT of guys at the reg. trailer at the last minute. But I hope NOT!

Scott Rehn

Reaction
Oh SHOOT!!!! Dont Forget, NORRS will be on CBS broadcasting on June 6th in the highest rated 30 markets in the country!!!!!

hoeker

Reaction
check the classifieds, the pro-2 i have for sale would quickly pay for itself racing NORRS.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
..scott...seeing as this is the first race and attendance will be low in the truck classes will all of the trucks be racing at the same time (p2, p4, plite, 1450...) but just given different trophies at the end of the day or will each class be on the track at different times?

thanks in advance

Scott Rehn

Reaction
..scott...seeing as this is the first race and attendance will be low in the truck classes will all of the trucks be racing at the same time (p2, p4, plite, 1450...) but just given different trophies at the end of the day or will each class be on the track at different times?

thanks in advance

Its real hard to say right now. A decision like that wont be able to be made until we know the exact car count. More than likely it will be decided at the drivers meeting or right after the registration trailer is closed. If the teams "pre-registered" I could give you a more accurate answer. My apologizies for not being able to be more specific.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
In all honesty, my cell phone has been ringing off the hook answering general questions and some a little more specific. There really has been a LOT of interest especially with the cheap registration fees and no cutting of the pay-outs. From what I am gathering after speaking to some "big-dogs" in the pro-buggy division, I am betting on a pretty good turn out in that class. There's been interest from the pro-lite ranks as well. With TORC this last weekend and Lucas next weekend, I really don't know what to expect from the pro-2s and pro-4s. If nothing else, we are inviting them to come out and use it as an organized test session for them. Haven't heard from the 1450 guys too much. Should be a GREAT kart crowd! I think we wont know how everything shakes out until "they" show up on friday and register at the track. If anyone has decided to:D race, it would be great if you'd "pre-register" and make it easier on your team and the NORRS staff as well. Heck, if you're still on the fence, register anyway, and if your team decides not to race, either use that fee for a future event or your registration will be refunded, guaranteed! But as I said earlier, I dont expect a lot of pre-registrations, but a LOT of guys at the reg. trailer at the last minute. But I hope NOT!

i am sorry scott sounds like a song and dance to me if it was me and i was you i would be saying every driver and team that was showing up to race cause that only adds to the intrest of the race. so you are either full of bullcrap or you have a royal flush i think i am going to call you on this hand cause you say this and say that flop the cards over and lets see the hand if not fold with your "we have this and we have that" cause i think someone else has 4 aces

i am not degrading you or your efforts but i mean come on didn't we go through this last year with someone else you worked for

Scott Rehn

Reaction
i am sorry scott sounds like a song and dance to me if it was me and i was you i would be saying every driver and team that was showing up to race cause that only adds to the intrest of the race. so you are either full of bullcrap or you have a royal flush i think i am going to call you on this hand cause you say this and say that flop the cards over and lets see the hand if not fold with your "we have this and we have that" cause i think someone else has 4 aces

i am not degrading you or your efforts but i mean come on didn't we go through this last year with someone else you worked for

Its so amazing that a guy just cant be honest anymore!!!! There is absolutely NO song and dance going on here. You want to see my phone bill for the damn month!!?? Unless you have a car or truck, race short course, and are coming to race in the NORRS series, I really dont take much stock in what you think or care about. I was asked a question, I answered as honestly as I could. PERIOD! You claim you were a race promoter, well then, YOU of all people should know. You never really know who is coming until they pull into the pit gate! And by the way, everything I stated in the earlier post is FACT!

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Its real hard to say right now. A decision like that wont be able to be made until we know the exact car count. More than likely it will be decided at the drivers meeting or right after the registration trailer is closed. If the teams "pre-registered" I could give you a more accurate answer. My apologizies for not being able to be more specific.

... bummer ... that in itself might draw more 1450 racers

most typically (not saying this in a bad way) 1450 racers are lower budget racers or racers that have "home built" trucks (im also not saying that in a bad way, ive raced 1450) .. but what im getting at is; if i knew (as a 1450 racer) that i would be on the track with 10 other 1450 guys and got to be on cbs and get some great exposure i would totally pony up the $75 for entrance fee and $125 (or whatever it is) for the license fee in lew of attracting big sponsors....

where if i knew going into the race that i would be on the track with p2's and p4's i prob wouldn't race, because cbs doesn't want to film the guy in last place and the higher classes would take away from time that the 1450 guys could get

.... i might be way off base but im assuming 1450 drivers will get air time correct?... and if there not, there is no attraction for them to go beat up their truck and re-prep their truck for a race that is not even in the 1450.org circuit.

... get where im coming from???

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
Its so amazing that a guy just cant be honest anymore!!!! There is absolutely NO song and dance going on here. You want to see my phone bill for the damn month!!?? Unless you have a car or truck, race short course, and are coming to race in the NORRS series, I really dont take much stock in what you think or care about. I was asked a question, I answered as honestly as I could. PERIOD! You claim you were a race promoter, well then, YOU of all people should know. You never really know who is coming until they pull into the pit gate! And by the way, everything I stated in the earlier post is FACT!

i still don't think you are getting what i am saying if you have 5 guys you know are showing up put there names out there cause say this guy likes to race this guy so maybe he will show up names create intrest otherwise it just sounds hokey that you don't throw any names out there i mean is hey i heard this guy is going so i know this guy will show cause they battled it out the last time and driver "b" wants to beat driver "a" in the end i hope things go well but names make other names show up

so quit being the the girl that dont put out on prom night
and i do have a car i do race and who knows i might be that on the fence guy so

put some names out there geeeesh

Scott Rehn

Reaction
... bummer ... that in itself might draw more 1450 racers

most typically (not saying this in a bad way) 1450 racers are lower budget racers or racers that have "home built" trucks (im also not saying that in a bad way, ive raced 1450) .. but what im getting at is; if i knew (as a 1450 racer) that i would be on the track with 10 other 1450 guys and got to be on cbs and get some great exposure i would totally pony up the $75 for entrance fee and $125 (or whatever it is) for the license fee in lew of attracting big sponsors....

where if i knew going into the race that i would be on the track with p2's and p4's i prob wouldn't race, because cbs doesn't want to film the guy in last place and the higher classes would take away from time that the 1450 guys could get

.... i might be way off base but im assuming 1450 drivers will get air time correct?... and if there not, there is no attraction for them to go beat up their truck and re-prep their truck for a race that is not even in the 1450.org circuit.

... get where im coming from???

I personally dont think there is a series ANYWHERE that would put 1450s on the track with pro2s or 4s. But if you had a chance to read what I announced last week on another thread, NORRS has a specific format just for the 1450 guys. Hopefully it peaked the interest enough to bring the boys out. I also recruited the famous Greg Gagnon "promoter extrodinaire" to help out with that class specifically and he was real excited about what was going on. And, yes, if we have enough 1450s, they WILL be on CBS!

Scott Rehn

Reaction
i still don't think you are getting what i am saying if you have 5 guys you know are showing up put there names out there cause say this guy likes to race this guy so maybe he will show up names create intrest otherwise it just sounds hokey that you don't throw any names out there i mean is hey i heard this guy is going so i know this guy will show cause they battled it out the last time and driver "b" wants to beat driver "a" in the end i hope things go well but names make other names show up

so quit being the the girl that dont put out on prom night
and i do have a car i do race and who knows i might be that on the fence guy so

put some names out there geeeesh

The racers that ARE really interested, are talking amongst themselves that I know for sure. Because I'll talk to one guy, he says he's been talking to this other guy and BAM, I get a call in a few minutes from the other guy. Like I said, there are a lot of teams talking about coming out, whether or not they show, who knows for sure. I'm sorry but maybe you're just NOT in the loop of serious racers otherwise you'd be on the phone talking to some of them yourself.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
The racers that ARE really interested, are talking amongst themselves that I know for sure. Because I'll talk to one guy, he says he's been talking to this other guy and BAM, I get a call in a few minutes from the other guy. Like I said, there are a lot of teams talking about coming out, whether or not they show, who knows for sure. I'm sorry but maybe you're just NOT in the loop of serious racers otherwise you'd be on the phone talking to some of them yourself.

so why not post some of the names then i mean i don't think they will be offended if you put there name on a list

i know for a fact that i am not the only one who thinks this

so lets see some names

Scott Rehn

Reaction
so why not post some of the names then i mean i don't think they will be offended if you put there name on a list

i know for a fact that i am not the only one who thinks this

so lets see some names

How many times do I have to say this? If I dont know for sure specific teams are coming, I will NOT say they are. You couldnt see a pre-registered list of drivers for TORC or for LUCAS OIL. Everyone was asking online who was all going, but no one knew for sure. And to be quite honest with you (AGAIN),,, I dont know how to access the pre-registration to look. I am just going off of conversations I've had with multiple drivers from all over California, Nevada, and yes, even the midwest. If I KNEW for sure, and the drivers didnt mind, dont think I wouldnt be blaring their names from the mountain tops. Sounds to me you'd rather be a follower than a leader. Why dont YOU register and I can tell EVERYONE you're coming.. hhhmmmm?

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
I'm sorry but maybe you're just NOT in the loop of serious racers otherwise you'd be on the phone talking to some of them yourself.

ever thought that if NORRS had "serious racers" , not "serious NORRS racers" that the word would be out that they are racing??....

he has a legit question and you automatically answered on the defense of things. If someone is on the fence of racing NORRS and lives in Vegas it might not be the best idea to pack a trailer full of stuff and a race car to take a trip around a race course in southern california with 2 other people in his class and take the chance that he MIGHT make it onto tv.....

... but if there are 20 people in class and they WILL be on tv... their odds of coming out to race are a lot stronger!