NOORS race CANCELLED

BlueCoyote

Reaction
NOT a rumor - just got off the phone with a well known RDC member - he is tearing things down as we speak.

Originally posted by Curtis Guise here -> http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64148

So I called my contacts to confirm.

NOT a bash - just a fact to save everyone some time and $. While this will be beat to death over the next few weeks, but a big thanks to all those who worked to make it happen.

Sad day for SC racing

ProLite13

Reaction
What!!!!!!!??????

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
NOT a rumor - just got off the phone with a well known RDC member - he is tearing things down as we speak.

NOT a bash - just a fact to save everyone some time and $. While this will be beat to death over the next few weeks, but a big thanks to all those who worked to make it happen.

Sad day for SC racing

Yep. Curtis just posted this over in the "Will NORRS happen" thread. Bummer

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
It's gonna be a long weekend, gettin settled in ma chair now......

Attachments

• popcorn.jpg
    popcorn.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
So how many racers will show up at the next NORRS event if there is one?

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
.... i just tried calling Aaron Mortenson from NORRS ... and his phone is conveniently "not excepting phone calls" ..... this sucks for a lot of hopeful NORRS people.....

i sure hope SPEEDFUN made the trip!!!! :D .... im sure it was worth it :)

ryant35

Reaction
So I wonder how many entry fees they accepted online... I may have to dig up an old thread where I mentioned this has one of the possibilities cooked up in that trailer park in Escondido.

Pops

Reaction
So I wonder how many entry fees they accepted online... I may have to dig up an old thread where I mentioned this has one of the possibilities cooked up in that trailer park in Escondido.

Those are some mighty powerful words there!!

ryant35

Reaction
Those are some mighty powerful words there!!

All just speculation seeing as I was right a few months ago...

diamondvisiondan

Reaction
I'm with you on this ryant.

As one who is owed ALOT of cash from CORR (I know I posted this on the other thread), any word on refunds and payments to workers?

I just guess that would be the first question out of my mouth, especially as some of the principals are "conveniently unavailable".

b_fantasyoffroadracing

Reaction
Wow... wonder what happened when we were negotiating Fantasy Play... just stopped hearing from them...

_deleted_

doesnt not
Reaction

this was pretty much the AV fairgrounds doing.

_deleted_

doesnt not
Reaction
It would be interesting to have the Fairgrounds' perspective, too! ;)

the av fair people are just a bunch or old farts who wanna see garden and bridal shows along with RV Expos... i have lived out here my whole life and it seems like its always hard for promoters to do offroad events...

diamondvisiondan

Reaction
Well that's your perspective, but not theirs.

Why would they pull the plug if they were satisfied business-wise with their deal with NORRS..... or were they?

And where is an official announcement from from NORRS?

JoeyD23

Reaction
this is just plain dissapointing....as a person who was talking it up and really putting my best forward as a site owner and race fan in communication with a lot of SXS racers this is just dissapointing. Maybe this is why I couldnt get a flyer all week to help them promote? Either way this was everyone's fear. This thread should be 100 pages long before Tuesday rolls around...........

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
.... i just tried calling Aaron Mortenson from NORRS ... and his phone is conveniently "not excepting phone calls" ..... this sucks for a lot of hopeful NORRS people.....

i sure hope SPEEDFUN made the trip!!!! :D .... im sure it was worth it :)

yes he showed up after the event was cancelled by the AV fairgrounds.