NOORS race CANCELLED

diamondvisiondan

Reaction
Sigmund Freud? Or just a slip...?

Or maybe JB recalling previous encounters with the AV group?

KLS Motorsports

Reaction
I forgot in my earlier post that when Tim with the fairgrounds was yelling and cussing at us on sat. morning he informed us that we were parked right in the middle of the motorcycle training course ( wich was marked out with paint lines) and the riders were allready doing there classroom portion inside. We were camped almost dead center in the pits. What I dont understand is how from 7pm friday till 7am saturday how do you book an event and get participants in the middle of the night , unless it was allready booked. Something fishy going on at that place.

BuzzChaser

Reaction
I forgot in my earlier post that when Tim with the fairgrounds was yelling and cussing at us on sat. morning he informed us that we were parked right in the middle of the motorcycle training course ( wich was marked out with paint lines) and the riders were allready doing there classroom portion inside. We were camped almost dead center in the pits. What I dont understand is how from 7pm friday till 7am saturday how do you book an event and get participants in the middle of the night , unless it was allready booked. Something fishy going on at that place.

Very interesting

JPBart

Reaction
Maybe the whole 'get the vendor paid in cash, now!' is a big clue. It infers that they intended to cancel the event regardless of what NOORS did. THe fact they had another event already scheduled for the same space really makes me think NOORS isn't the scammer but AV might be. I wonder what an investigation into the fairgrounds vendors relationship with the people who cancelled the event is? Are they all having a BBQ right now laughing it up in the vendors backyard?

KLS Motorsports

Reaction
Thats an excellent point. After what I saw out there (which was all the makings of a great show) I just hope the people of the short course community will show up and support NORRS and give them a fair chance to "GO BIG". One of the biggest bummers for us was not being able to race on that track, exccept for a dozen or so laps on Thurs. I think a promoter who hires anyone but the Pallocks for builders is just short changing their show.Just my .02

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Why no press release from NORRS? Please don't tell me that post #44 here was your press release!? C'mon, norrsmen, you have Scott Renn - he is capable of issuing a coherent, professional press release. How about a statement from your COO, Wesley Carr? Nothing on your website.... and you want the off-road community to take you seriously? You want us to show you respect?

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Why no press release from NORRS? Please don't tell me that post #44 here was your press release!? C'mon, norrsmen, you have Scott Renn - he is capable of issuing a coherent, professional press release. How about a statement from your COO, Wesley Carr? Nothing on your website.... and you want the off-road community to take you seriously? You want us to show you respect?

... i think they might have rdc sync to their blackberry with "things to do" .... :D

_deleted_

doesnt not
Reaction
Maybe the whole 'get the vendor paid in cash, now!' is a big clue. It infers that they intended to cancel the event regardless of what NOORS did. THe fact they had another event already scheduled for the same space really makes me think NOORS isn't the scammer but AV might be. I wonder what an investigation into the fairgrounds vendors relationship with the people who cancelled the event is? Are they all having a BBQ right now laughing it up in the vendors backyard?

well the owner of P.P.L has his own seat in the front row in the grand stands. hmmmm. from what i was told by people who were in the first meeting, av told norrs that ppl needed to be paid, complete 3rd party ppl. av had no bussiness asking for ppl's money. but! norrs just paid ppl in cash right there. as soon as ppl walks out, av said the race was not gunna happen. this is what i heard, forgive if this is wrong. this was coming from one of the guys in the meeting. im not trying too start rumors

Thats an excellent point. After what I saw out there (which was all the makings of a great show) I just hope the people of the short course community will show up and support NORRS and give them a fair chance to "GO BIG". One of the biggest bummers for us was not being able to race on that track, exccept for a dozen or so laps on Thurs. I think a promoter who hires anyone but the Pallocks for builders is just short changing their show.Just my .02

very true, the pallock guys are the coolest guys ive ever met... very supportive of racing. they go above and beyond.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I dont see how people keep misppling NORRS with 2 O's, it's the same as CORR, just replace the C and add an S

Bummer, I was one of the skeptics from the beginning but was hoping it would work out

Pops

Reaction
Attn: JimmyFSU

How about a translation for this?

Too many P.P.L and ppl.

"well the owner of P.P.L has his own seat in the front row in the grand stands. hmmmm. from what i was told by people who were in the first meeting, av told norrs that ppl needed to be paid, complete 3rd party ppl. av had no bussiness asking for ppl's money. but! norrs just paid ppl in cash right there. as soon as ppl walks out, av said the race was not gunna happen. this is what i heard, forgive if this is wrong. this was coming from one of the guys in the meeting. im not trying too start rumors"

Thank you in advance.
Pops