Norman chase crews

KyleMurray

Reaction
Does anyone have any contact info for the Norman chase crews, specifically chase 2? I believe they responded to the hwy 5 accident at km 110

Chaplain

God Dude
Reaction
what is the story of that accident? Was anyone hurt?

frostbite36

Capt. Hindsight
Reaction
Is that the video with the buggy rolling at a turn, into a group of spectators, or another incident?

KyleMurray

Reaction
A single vehicle accident on hwy 5 at km 110. Spectator car doing 120 mph ish rolled off the road. 4 occupants

swiftracing5

Reaction
A single vehicle accident on hwy 5 at km 110. Spectator car doing 120 mph ish rolled off the road. 4 occupants

I saw the aftermath around midnight after recovering my car from Chinero. Looked like local police were the only ones left on site. It looked like I saw 2 cars though, a car and truck? About 100 yards off the highway turn completely mangled.

KyleMurray

Reaction
There was only one truck. Four door Tacoma, not that you could tell from looking at what was left.

Live Free or Die

Reaction
That was the saddest experience of my race. There were 5 victims 4 were critical and 1 was fatal. They missed the turn on the 5 and were probably doing over 100 mph due to the condition of the truck...cab and chassis were completely separated...almost unrecognizable, speed/alcohol was likely an issue after seeing all the bottles and cans that were thrown from the vehicle. They were locals from what I could tell. Just another reminder how quickly your life could change in Baja for the good and the bad.

KyleMurray

Reaction
I was driving the vehicle right behind them when they crashed, I watched the whole thing happen and was the first on scene to pull them out. They came to the turn at 120mph and the rear end washed out, they over corrected and went rolling about 4-5 times off the road. They were all drunk. We pulled all but one from the truck, once I got the rear door cut off, the last had already passed away. Very gruesome scene, something I wish I never saw.