mig29

It's you!

I met you at end of Day 1 in San Felipe on Malecon, you were with the cool Class 11 team (supporting abused women in Baja, handprints all over the side)

[ who I befriended, they helped me (owner & musician/co-rider) with gas $$ at Ciudad Insurgentes, after 1 of my "sponsors" (gas $$) FLAKED!! Some guy I met at San Felipe taco shop (Ana..good friend with Pete Sohren). I sent him extra Long Beach GP tickets (reserved Turn 1 & Paddock Pass), thought everything was OK. BTW, I met a bunch of offroad racers at LBGP -- Wilson Class 1, Cameron Steele's crew chief & Australian volunteer, et al ]

on Day 1. They were pulled over on Hwy 3 chasing an engine issue. They got help from another team, & finished. I KEPT running into them, like at Loreto (parked in front of their hotel) when I got in at 4am near sunrise. I got a flat leaving Coco's Corner, got into Bay of LA late. Couldn't find a spare tire at a tire shop (where I met the #737 team

[ 2 737 pilots..they had the blowup doll in the back ]

Next day, I tried the junkyard at intersection of Bay of LA road & Hwy 1..no bueno. I got into Guerrero Negro & WASTED several hrs trying to find spare tire. Ended up buying new 31" tire, after using my Giant Warp DS2 full-suspension MTB as collateral

[ the aforementioned "gas sponsor" guy fed me a line, saying he would pay the tire shop..NEVER HAPPENED! ]

On the way back, I visited the tire shop..couldn't take back my bike. It's still down there!!

I slowly made my way up Baja peninsula after NORRA 1000, concentrating on Sea of Cortez -- chasing sunrises/sunsets.

Got into San Felipe on Thu, coincidentally Contingency for Ultra4 San Felipe 100. Ended up covering the race:

Next year, you should try the above 2 for 1

^^^ BTW, Paul Horschel won the SF100..he just won the Crandonw Ultra4 race. Watched the Crandon live-coverage, couldn't believe Dave Cole (Ultra4 founder) didn't mention this on the Saturday Ultra4 race. Paul was leading, with Casey Currie in 2nd..Paul fell back with a broken CV (?). On Sunday, Casey was leading, then pulled over..giving Paul the win

Last edited:
It's you!

I met you at end of Day 1 in San Felipe on Malecon, you were with the cool Class 11 team (supporting abused women in Baja, handprints all over the side)

[ who I befriended, they helped me (owner & musician/co-rider) with gas $$ at Ciudad Insurgentes, after 1 of my "sponsors" (gas $$) FLAKED!! Some guy I met at San Felipe taco shop (Ana..good friend with Pete Sohren). I sent him extra Long Beach GP tickets (reserved Turn 1 & Paddock Pass), thought everything was OK. BTW, I met a bunch of offroad racers at LBGP -- Wilson Class 1, Cameron Steele's crew chief & Australian volunteer, et al ]

on Day 1. They were pulled over on Hwy 3 chasing an engine issue. They got help from another team, & finished. I KEPT running into them, like at Loreto (parked in front of their hotel) when I got in at 4am near sunrise. I got a flat leaving Coco's Corner, got into Bay of LA late. Couldn't find a spare tire at a tire shop (where I met the #737 team

[ 2 737 pilots..they had the blowup doll in the back ]

Next day, I tried the junkyard at intersection of Bay of LA road & Hwy 1..no bueno. I got into Guerrero Negro & WASTED several hrs trying to find spare tire. Ended up buying new 31" tire, after using my Giant Warp DS2 full-suspension MTB as collateral

[ the aforementioned "gas sponsor" guy fed me a line, saying he would pay the tire shop..NEVER HAPPENED! ]

On the way back, I visited the tire shop..couldn't take back my bike. It's still down there!!

I slowly made my way up Baja peninsula after NORRA 1000, concentrating on Sea of Cortez -- chasing sunrises/sunsets.

Got into San Felipe on Thu, coincidentally Contingency for Ultra4 San Felipe 100. Ended up covering the race:

Next year, you should try the above 2 for 1

^^^ BTW, Paul Horschel won the SF100..he just won the Crandonw Ultra4 race. Watched the Crandon live-coverage, couldn't believe Dave Cole (Ultra4 founder) didn't mention this on the Saturday Ultra4 race. Paul was leading, with Casey Currie in 2nd..Paul fell back with a broken CV (?). On Sunday, Casey was leading, then pulled over..giving Paul the win
Hi Bob. I hope that you get your bike back soon.