• Forum membership has its advantages....

NORRA 2017

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
Same here , people asking me questions

enesset

For NORRA for the 50th anniversary....how about a "suggestion" rather than a rumor.....

This last year we had what felt like a LOT LESS vintage iron......what if the entry fee for vehicles from the "Original Era".....1967-1972.....had an entry fee of only $1,967?

I thought I recalled motorcycles and UTV-side-by-sides had a lower fee and it would seem reasonable to have vintage iron the same so that it encouraged more participation.

I'm working on an original tagged '69 Manx.......we didn't have any last year and that's a shame.....

burro8

For NORRA for the 50th anniversary....how about a "suggestion" rather than a rumor.....

This last year we had what felt like a LOT LESS vintage iron......what if the entry fee for vehicles from the "Original Era".....1967-1972.....had an entry fee of only $1,967?

I thought I recalled motorcycles and UTV-side-by-sides had a lower fee and it would seem reasonable to have vintage iron the same so that it encouraged more participation.

I'm working on an original tagged '69 Manx.......we didn't have any last year and that's a shame.....
I sent Mike Pearlman an email a couple weeks ago asking about 2017 and I also asked him about lower entry fee for the vehicles and bikes that ran in the first Mexican 1000's. Haven't heard anything back so far.

I ran NORRA in 2010 and had a great time, I have not been back to run again. Mainly due to $. I would very much like to participate in the 50th. All three of my Burros buggies participat in the early Mexican 1000, Baja 500, Stardust 7-11 and Mint 400's.

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
I have a crew ready for 2017, all are pumped and ready for a 7 day event down Baja, if we rest in Cabo and race back to Ensenada I don't know how many of the group could invest that many days.

Zambo

I have a crew ready for 2017, all are pumped and ready for a 7 day event down Baja, if we rest in Cabo and race back to Ensenada I don't know how many of the group could invest that many days.
A LOT of teams won't have the resources for this. My bet is that not only is it going to be basically the same format as it has been but also expect less mileage on day 1/2.

Team Todo En

I hope to see you there buddy..albeit a little strange with a buggy and not a Bronco, but yours has been there in part and in spirit!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Rumor I heard was pretty much what Zambo said, but that was only a rumor. The thing I like about Mike Pearlman is he is open to ideas and has USED them. You'll never make everyone happy but he sure tries....I'll be there next year, just not sure in what just yet. Start prepping/building those race cars boys, the 50th Anniversary Mexican 1000 is coming up faster than you think.

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
image.jpg
We had our first NORRA team meeting for 2017. All the guys enjoyed off-road stories supplied by driver legend and future Hall of Famer Mark Stahl . Check out the dessert!

jeff

I spoke to Mike on the phone today. He is currently down in Mexico working on the 2017 NORRA. Mike said the race will once again take place toward the end of April. NORRA should have a press release ready next week (August 15th) and that should contain the important dates for next years race.