NORRA 2019 - Accommodation options in Loreto - Need one room.

landshark

Reaction
When the race dates were announced last year I immediately made reservations where i needed to along the route for this years M1K (around September 2018).

I booked a place in Loreto (through booking.com) who just PM'd me that those dates are not available and they don't know why i was allowed to book those dates - keep in mind i made the reservation in September 2018. I assume someone who is buddy buddy with the owners or one of the "services" that block rooms has essentially weaseled in and taken my room.

I expected something like this to happen - i know its "Baja". Long story short, i am not going to cancel my reservation and will let it play out through booking.com and let the hotel get dinged for trying to cancel my reservation. However I know I will not have a room.

Does anyone know of or have an extra room that could accommodate 4 or even 2 people in Loreto. We are prepared to sleep in or near the chase van/race truck but it would be ideal to have a room or even just a shower after a night in BOLA for my chase crew. Also would be open to RV or other spot that has shower/ parking spot. Thanks!

Last edited:

TRichards

Reaction
Well here is what we did in Loreto in 2017. We camped in the back parking lot of the host hotel La Mision. Everybody was there working on their vehicles anyway. So in the AM some nice veteran racers gave us their key card to their room so we could have showers in the AM.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
I assume someone who is buddy buddy with the owners or one of the "services" that block rooms has essentially weaseled in and taken my room.
Does anyone know of or have an extra room that could accommodate 4 or even 2 people in Loreto.
Ah yes, the "services" guy again...
It's possible we'll have an extra room in Loreto. I'm not one of those services/agents guys, but I do book a lot of beds because we always have a lot of people under our tent. This year looks like at least 1 buggy, 1 UTV (Zambo on here), 10 motos, and 1 ATC (yes a 3-wheeler). But unfortunately we're pulling the plug on my wifes Class 10 entry (time and money, right).
Send us an email info@BajaBoundMoto.com and I'll pencil you on the list and see what we come up with.

luvbaja2

Reaction
I have two 4 bedroom houses side by side just outside of town. I may have two bedrooms available. Send me an email and we can discuss it. luvbaja2@aol.com Bruce

Fourstroker

Reaction
I was going to recommend AirBNB but this sounds like a great offer above