NORRA Code Red

Baja Belk

Reaction
Need prayers for my sister Wendy who was in a racing incident near Todos Santos where she was hit by another car while out of her vehicle (512). The other car was not at fault and they stayed on scene. She is in surgery right now in La Paz in serious condition. Thanks to Walker’s chopper crew who got her out and flown back to town.

J Prich

Reaction
Need prayers for my sister Wendy who was in a racing incident near Todos Santos where she was hit by another car while out of her vehicle (512). The other car was not at fault and they stayed on scene. She is in surgery right now in La Paz in serious condition. Thanks to Walker’s chopper crew who got her out and flown back to town.
Sorry to hear about this, hoping for the best possible outcome.

sb4pro

Reaction
90E06826-64CF-4899-8AEE-82546019A6A6.jpeg

Wendell #527

Reaction
Prayers sent. I saw your car on its side when we went by by but medical crew was already there. Then I saw the helicopter and was worried something might have happened.

Baja Belk

Reaction
Update on Wendy, since we’re getting lots of messages from people checking in... she had emergency surgery to relieve internal bleeding last night and is stable but still sedated. Not out of the woods entirely but over a major hump. There also is another racer in serious condition in the room right across from her, moto guy. A third incident patient was flown home yesterday. Rough day of racing for some of us. Everyone’s prayers and messages are much appreciated.

SolaidJeff

Reaction
I think the moto guy is Jake Batulis. Any updates on him? Or the other injured? Prayers and positive thoughts to all!!

Baja_Seve

Reaction
I think the moto guy is Jake Batulis. Any updates on him? Or the other injured? Prayers and positive thoughts to all!!
Jake has a broken pelvis, femur, and ribs. Per Jen Morton FB, he is being air-transported from La Paz to U.S. this morning.

Mooch2Peril

Reaction
News all over Facebook Jake didn’t make it. Such a loss to the racing community. I send my prayers to his family.

Baja Belk

Reaction
Our hearts are broken for Jake. He was right across the hall from Wendy. Jen Morton was here with him and never left his side. He was not alone here.

Wendy’s flight just left the US. We are hoping to have her home within a few hours. She is still sedated but some of her injuries are slowly improving. Still a long ways to go, but we will feel much better when she gets to the US. Continuing prayers are appreciated.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
you can easily find people in the offroad world that dont like me......but ive NEVER met anyone that didnt like jake....RIP my friend....

steve0we

Reaction
Glad to hear Wendy is doing better and our thoughts and prayers to everyone involved in all 3 accidents.....

R_TAYLOR

Reaction
Hoping for a speedy recovery for Wendy, and so sorry for Jake,his team mates and his family.A very nice guy gone too soon.