NORRA comments @start and finish of a stage

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Hi guys for the past years we help NORRA with time control zones each day, we always try to do our best to keep you in time at each start of a special stage or at the end before transit.

As part of the crew doing this for 5 days, we like to remind to you, be ready when you're in the section to finish the stage, and please be careful, we all agree you guys coming hot after some racing, hope to understand we try to do our best to keep you moving along, we recommend you have your time sheet in you book ready in hand, this will be helpful, with the correct day page, as quick we write your time in your book and the decal on the side of your car, utv, bike etc, the fast you guys are out, on the bike side we understand on the bike guys had to be secure your time sheet in your backpack, pockets etc.

NORRA will be updating this on drivers meeting, but if im correct were starting 30 seconds apart, on every stage, instead 1 minute like was before, so be prepared to line up and stage with your book in hand in the correct page, etc, see you guys there, and we always like to help, we carry some tools, fluids etc in case you need, along with water and some snacks don't be shy to ask, even we share our shade in case you had to wait for your crew.

IMG_2810.jpg IMG_2012.jpg IMG_6852.jpg IMG_2717.jpg IMG_2750.jpg

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
With the increase in the number of entries, the 30 second start intervals each day will help more teams finish earlier in the day. It will be a challenge. This is the reason NORRA will be enforcing the race number format, so staging can go fast enough to support the 30 second starts. See attached.

Attachments

• Number_Format.pdf
    184.4 KB · Views: 219

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
With the increase in the number of entries, the 30 second start intervals each day will help more teams finish earlier in the day. It will be a challenge. This is the reason NORRA will be enforcing the race number format, so staging can go fast enough to support the 30 second starts. See attached.
Thats awesome Chris. Numbers need to be standardized like every other race series.

Something to be aware of, numbers on the windshield banner are often blocked by lightbars.

It is in every driver's best interest to make numbers easy to read so both checkpoint workers and the media can easily identify you.

Now if we can just get the numbers to correspond to to each class.

Baja Dad

Reaction
numbers to correspond to to each class????

Why...... and who's class's SCORE.....BITD........MORE........SNORE.......DIST37.......NHHA........WHS........
just to mane a few.................. This is NORRA the funniest Race on EARTH
IMO: you should run what ever number you want as long as they meet the "number Specs"

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
numbers to correspond to to each class????

Why...... and who's class's SCORE.....BITD........MORE........SNORE.......DIST37.......NHHA........WHS........
just to mane a few.................. This is NORRA the funniest Race on EARTH
IMO: you should run what ever number you want as long as they meet the "number Specs"
Thats what it is now and fans and press have no idea what class each car is in.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
NORRA has no Class. That's why they call them categories. It's not really a race you know!
It is the funnest event of the year though.

LantanaTX

Reaction
It was just a suggestion.

My car is #129 as it is a vintage class 1 car. I am in the Legend category of 1976-1982 All the other era's have old class 1 cars as well and many like to run a 100 number like back in the day. If you are watching from home you can always go to the entry list to see what category we are in. BTW SCORE did something similar for vintage. We can run any 3 digits we want with preceeded by a "V". At the Baja 500 we will be V129

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
My car is #129 as it is a vintage class 1 car. I am in the Legend category of 1976-1982 All the other era's have old class 1 cars as well and many like to run a 100 number like back in the day. If you are watching from home you can always go to the entry list to see what category we are in. BTW SCORE did something similar for vintage. We can run any 3 digits we want with preceeded by a "V". At the Baja 500 we will be V129
People on course cant easily look it up.

dhjeepgeek

Reaction
My 2 centavos is,
Class number should be maintained. I was in class 5 U. There was trucks other buggies and using class 5 numbers. Just to keep the class your are racing in straight for the people fallowing along at home its would be nice to have the classes with their own numbers. My 79 year old mother didn't understand the different numbers. Also there is bit of pride in being in a certain class. And then someone else shows up with a number for the class your in but in a different class vehicle. I know let it go. it really doesn't matter. And maybe the number they are using was the class they were in when the car originally raced. Just my 2 cents.

LantanaTX

Reaction
My 2 centavos is,
Class number should be maintained. I was in class 5 U. There was trucks other buggies and using class 5 numbers. Just to keep the class your are racing in straight for the people fallowing along at home its would be nice to have the classes with their own numbers. My 79 year old mother didn't understand the different numbers. Also there is bit of pride in being in a certain class. And then someone else shows up with a number for the class your in but in a different class vehicle. I know let it go. it really doesn't matter. And maybe the number they are using was the class they were in when the car originally raced. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe you are on to something... Each Vintage Era has buggy, truck, 4x4 truck, and bug class and are racing in class and for the era overall win. The Era's are Pioneer, '67-'75, Legend '76-'82, Challenger '83-'88, and Vintage '89-20 years old. and non Vintage, Evolution (modern race cars)

Maybe all buggies use a 100 number preceded by a Letter of the era, all 2wd trucks use an 800 number, all bugs use an 500 number and all 4x4 trucks use a 400 number. Example: ( I would be L129 Mark Stahl would be L800) The preceding letter would be P, L, C, V, E, to match your Era. Would this make it easy for the fans at home to know who is racing against who?