NORRA Mexican 1000 contingency

ONE_RJ

Reaction
I am hoping all the legends and contingency companies in Off-road will be in Mexicali September 16th for the NORRA Mexican 1000 contingency,

How about the "Weatherman" working some relay action down the Peninsula? Does he plan on attending?

What contingency companies plan on attending this fiesta? Anybody plan on supporting the racers with parts or services all the way down?

Does anybody plan on following the race with live media updates or photographs?

How about any drivers, mechanics, sponsors, crew members, spectators just showing up to watch the start or following the race all the way down?

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Yes, We will be there. Shrek is doing a great job preparing the vintage car. I will post some pictures soon. It should be a great time hanging out with history making drivers and figure heads. Wish we had more time to plan for a retro 70's Vintage Nite.

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
i'm trying to get my s%^t together so i can make it. with crandon and then primm it's gonna be tough.

does anybody know the route?

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Yes, Mexicali to La Paz in 3 days. J/K On there website it say's that the route will be handed at each drivers meeting the night before.

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
how much of it is going to be pavement and how much on the dirt? bay of la to loreto in one day with old gear on the dirt may be asking too much. i'm thinking alot of pavement will be had that day.

BajaFand

Reaction
I would really like to spectate, the course is going through San Felipe, correct?

sweetdevil

Reaction
We were weighing the options this week about it. It sounds like such a great time! The customs stuff we have to go through to sell down there is really a lot of work and SCORE helps make it happen. I will contact our broker and see if we can do the same thing with this race, but it is risky for us... (It always is!!)

We also have an expo that weekend, two races the weekend prior and two races the weekend after.

There is a possibility we could be there, we're working on it. Had a lot of calls about it and we appreciate all the orders - great talking to all the OG racers! :)

ONE_RJ

Reaction
I am sure somebody will want an all girl pit crew...PCI is part of history, you should come lite handed.

Any word if the weatherman is going to make it?

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Is it really starting in Mexicali That'll be worth the 2hr drive to go see PJ take off the line (and you too Rick..:))

ONE_RJ

Reaction
The start and contingency is in Mexicali. No entry list has been posted yet , but I think it will be worth the drive to see it or get involved.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
so this race takes place the same weekend as SCORE's Primm 300?????????

Anger Issues

Reaction
so this race takes place the same weekend as SCORE's Primm 300?????????

since there is no pre-run at Primm.... take Wed, and Thursday to see the start and evening 1. Do the rockstar thing and fly back to Vegas! :D

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
since there is no pre-run at Primm.... take Wed, and Thursday to see the start and evening 1. Do the rockstar thing and fly back to Vegas! :D

taking thursday and friday off from work to go to Primm but, I live right across the border from Mexicali so maybe Wednesday after work....should be fun

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
if im correct contingency its Sep 16, and SCORE Primm Contingency its Sep 11 or one week before, if im wrong i should cancel my rooms in Primm, because ill be at Loreto on Friday and in La paz on Saturday

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
if im correct contingency its Sep 16, and SCORE Primm Contingency its Sep 11 or one week before, if im wrong i should cancel my rooms in Primm, because ill be at Loreto on Friday and in La paz on Saturday

well the site says 21 days 'til the NORRA race and if my math is correct that is the same weekend...