NORRA Mexican 1000 contingency

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
oops....guess my math was wrong.....it is the weekend after Primm....SORRY,:eek:

any word abut your Uncle and Cousin Racing the 8.....

ONE_RJ

Reaction
I am surprised we are not seeing big names like "Baja" Bob Gordon, McMillin, "Lightening" Larry Ragland, Arciero,Vessels,Rod hall, Walker Evans, Ivan "Iron man" Stewart, Larry Roeseler,Judy Smith,Collins,Mark Miller and so many others that should be involved in this history reviving event. Come on, we all are not that busy are we?????

Where are all of the Mexico entrants?

Last edited:

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
I think we will see many more of these names next year. Still, I am happy to see Parnelli, Malcolm, Bud Feldkamp, the Swifts, Bruce Meyers and others making it this year.

But, the bigger question is where are all the car and bike guys with pre-1989 stuff that woudn't want to enjoy spending three days going down Baja with all of these legends? Low entry fee, no prerunning and having a beer with Parnelli Jones in Bay of LA or Loreto -- priceless.

Marty

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
any word abut your Uncle and Cousin Racing the 8.....

no idea and I really doubt the class 8 is legal considering that it run coilovers and bypass shocks...not really a throw-back.....chassis is old but not the rest

ONE_RJ

Reaction
I think we will see many more of these names next year. Still, I am happy to see Parnelli, Malcolm, Bud Feldkamp, the Swifts, Bruce Meyers and others making it this year.

But, the bigger question is where are all the car and bike guys with pre-1989 stuff that woudn't want to enjoy spending three days going down Baja with all of these legends? Low entry fee, no prerunning and having a beer with Parnelli Jones in Bay of LA or Loreto -- priceless.

Marty

Totally agree. That's why I am going, plus hanging with that "Boy James" guy and you will cover the price of admission alone.

I know there are a ton of pre 89 cars, buggies, trucks, bikes,pre-runners sitting in garages pretty much ready to go, now is the time to break them out. You still have 21 days to get involved. We are also following our entry in our Bronco prerunner just for the adventure and give the drivers a chance to see Baja. They should make a prerunner class with lower priced entries, just so people could tag along. I heard the trophies are very cool.

I am surprised VW, Ford, Toyota or somebody else hasn't entered into the Alternative fuel class just to get all the glory and steal the trophy , especially since "Go Green" is so important right now.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
the bigger question is where are all the car and bike guys with pre-1989 stuff
This is something I'd love to do on a bike. But as I recall the bike year was to be earlier than '75ish or something. It didn't get raised to '88 until recently. Doesn't exactly leave a bunch of time to get something ready.
Since it got raised I've been looking for an '83 YZ490 - same model/year I did my 1st B1K. But, i'm sure there's better choices out there.

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
They actually made the pre-1989 rule a long time ago, but they are in their first year and need some PR help still...but, God Bless them, they are 100% committed and so is our magazine. Me in the 1964 Elf and "Boy James" in the 1968 Bronco.

The closer it gets, the better it all sounds. RJ, you and I and the gang at the Office when its all over.

Ole!

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Where are all of the Mexico entrants?

we are working on it, Rick, one its almost done all the plan and the drivers, a little bird told me also about one or two more from Mexicali and another from Ensenada.

let you know when i can say more

Salvador

Reaction
no idea and I really doubt the class 8 is legal considering that it run coilovers and bypass shocks...not really a throw-back.....chassis is old but not the rest

Maybe LA MULA can make thru tech, it hace Coil springs on front and Leaf springs on rear. They have a posibility with this truck.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
I hope they will do it annually, if they get the support they need from the sponsors, racers and spectators this year, I am sure it will give them a jump start for Ideas for next year. I could see this as being a great way to expierance Baja in your race car , bike or prerunner without the stress of a full on race and hang with some true pioneers of the sport.

Where is the D.A entrys? or racers from Ensenada, Loretto, La Paz & Cabo ? It's not to late to be a part of history in the making, I am being told that this will be filmed for TV. You could be a star....

I have a Husky WR 250 prepped and waiting for you L.R or PAB what do you think?????

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
I hope they will do it annually, if they get the support they need from the sponsors, racers and spectators this year, I am sure it will give them a jump start for Ideas for next year. I could see this as being a great way to expierance Baja in your race car , bike or prerunner without the stress of a full on race and hang with some true pioneers of the sport.

Where is the D.A entrys? or racers from Ensenada, Loretto, La Paz & Cabo ? It's not to late to be a part of history in the making, I am being told that this will be filmed for TV. You could be a star....

I have a Husky WR 250 prepped and waiting for you L.R or PAB what do you think?????

Bitchen...I will call them both later today to see if one of the boys are up for it...thanks Rick. First rounds are on me.

Marty Fiolka

Reaction

Bitchen...I will call them both later today to see if one of the boys are up for it...thanks Rick. First rounds are on me.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Thanks Rick, Alex, and Marty for carrying the torch on this. Just back from V2R stage rally, I am really looking forward to it. I'll be supporting Joe Hauler on the '72 CZ (wearing traditional open face helmet) and Scott and Kevin on the sidehack. It'll be an honor meeting some of the classic racing legends in this venue.

Mexicali is a great choice for tech and race start, home of CODE and ZR. La Paz, here we come!

C'mon, BBM - I know you can find something to ride!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Maybe LA MULA can make thru tech, it hace Coil springs on front and Leaf springs on rear. They have a posibility with this truck.

La Mula has King coilovers, bypass, and bump stops on all 4 corners and is 4 link...:cool: