NORRA Mexican 1000 contingency

ONE_RJ

Reaction
I heard today that there are about 50 entrants so far not 29 like the early list shows and also a lot of interest from late comers. There is still plenty of time (19 days) to break out the vintage and come show it off. Contingency is also on Mexican Independance day El Grito, so it should be a fiesta.

BigBro

Reaction
I heard today that there are about 50 entrants so far not 29 like the early list shows and also a lot of interest from late comers. There is still plenty of time (19 days) to break out the vintage and come show it off. Contingency is also on Mexican Independance day El Grito, so it should be a fiesta.

Offroad Racing Legends, Vintage Race Vehicles/ Bikes and a Fiesta?

Classic !

PRECEPTS

Reaction
We were all set to do this race on a 74' 400 Husky WR but now I'm looking at knee surgury in Sept so we're out. Definately like to see this happen next year IN MARCH!

BigBro

Reaction
We were all set to do this race on a 74' 400 Husky WR but now I'm looking at knee surgury in Sept so we're out. Definately like to see this happen next year IN MARCH!

Best of luck with your knee repair, it's incredible how far the medical technology has advanced for knee repair.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Has there been anything said about % of dirt & pavement?
I'm just curious because it seems like people aren't going to want to drive their vintage cars thru rough areas such as Salada to Borrego, Purisma to Javier, and a few other spots.
Mexicalli to top of Diablo before hitting dirt?
Just curious.

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
All,

I speaking with the NORRA folks about this aspect of the event (and this has been a source of much discussion), they have gone out of there way to insure that that roads used are fun and not overly rough, and there is about 25-35% asphault, which should make it really fun.

Marty

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Mostly graded roads for the specials with timed stages, then Liasons on pavement or graded roads to the next special. I am being told that the course is fast and not a car destroyer, this is all for fun and challenge of driving skills.

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
This is something I'd love to do on a bike. But as I recall the bike year was to be earlier than '75ish or something. It didn't get raised to '88 until recently. Doesn't exactly leave a bunch of time to get something ready.
Since it got raised I've been looking for an '83 YZ490 - same model/year I did my 1st B1K. But, i'm sure there's better choices out there.

you know Tim i've got a creampuff '83 ktm 495 stuffed in the back
of the garage if you want to prep it i'd love to see it run Baja... :D

Albanez

Reaction
Seems like tons of fun. ill get together with the crew and see if we can make it out.
good luck to all

Hog Wild

Reaction
they have gone out of there way to insure that that roads used are fun and not overly rough
We're counting on this. I'm going "old-school" with the passenger and only taking one guy to monkey the whole way. He's got no seat, so he has to stand up for 1000 miles! For B1K we destroyed three guys getting it done.

We're still messing with the fuel injection to get E85 to work in this thing. Fuel range is going to suffer a bunch. But aren't modern Harley's built with old 50's technology? That's what people tell me anyway. We might actually be legal in both the Vintage AND the Alt-Fuel categories. ;)

Corn in the gas tank and bananas for the passenger and we should be good to go!

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
We're counting on this. I'm going "old-school" with the passenger and only taking one guy to monkey the whole way. He's got no seat, so he has to stand up for 1000 miles! For B1K we destroyed three guys getting it done.

We're still messing with the fuel injection to get E85 to work in this thing. Fuel range is going to suffer a bunch. But aren't modern Harley's built with old 50's technology? That's what people tell me anyway. We might actually be legal in both the Vintage AND the Alt-Fuel categories. ;)

QUOTE]

Free breakfast, lunch or dinner at our restaurants for you 3 guys, its incredible, when you guys arriving to Mexicali ? Ill look you up.
P.S. Ive got some mexican racing friends following the race, im pretty sure they can help you guys all the way down. Let me know, i could ask em their plans if you want..

omar

metapoint

Reaction
I'm making plans to drive down to film from Phoenix, if anyone from the Valley or elsewhere in AZ is planning to head down let me know, we can caravan.

BigBro

Reaction

Love That Photo, Good Luck !

BigBro

Reaction

Curious who your Monkey is?

You guys are tough!

Great Entry, Good Luck, hope to see you in La Paz !

Hog Wild

Reaction
Curious who your Monkey is?
Kevin Anderson is doing the duty. He was my passenger in middle section of B1K last year. After the San Felipe whoops he wanted more :eek:

Here he is off-duty, and on:

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Kevin Anderson is doing the duty. He was my passenger in middle section of B1K last year. After the San Felipe whoops he wanted more :eek:

Here he is off-duty, and on:

Does he know you just posted a picture of him wearing "Sponge Bob Square Pants" underwear?