NORRA Mexican 1000 Rally for Relief

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Our Baja familes needs our help more then ever now. Our team will add to the request of NORRA and will be bringing supplies down to Santa Rosalia, Mulege, Loreto and Constitucion / San Carlos during the rally. If you would like to donate bottled water, food, Hygiene supplies or financial aid, I will take them down on behalf of the RDC offroad community. I would like to have them in plastic containers, bags or boxes of like items or already orginized and made up into a family pack, so it would be easy to distribute the items to families as needed.

I think most of us could put together from our house or business a simple care package that contained a roll of T/P, toothpaste / tooth brush, bar of soap, shampoo, bottles of water, canned foods, noodles, Rice, flour, sugar, cooking oil, candles, matches, a set of clothes from wife, kid and yourself, blanket or any combination of items that you would like to donate.

I will set up a drop off point here in the High Desert all this week and one at Primm Contingency this weekend. If any one is interested in donating items please PM me or email rjohnson@compdoor.com

Attachments

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
Rick.

Spent a great weekend with you this weekend at Crandon and get back to read this. Great idea and I know that you can count on the two Dirt Sports rally cars bringing as much as we can fit into our chase trucks to Mexicali. I challenge the rest of the Primm and NORRA 1000 race teams to do the same thing.

This really adds a whole new dimension to next week's run down Baja.

Vaya Con Dios,
Marty

Broncodawg

Reaction
Great call setting up a drop off for donations at Primm contingency. Time to "rally" racers, the wost part of losing everything in a Baja hurricane is that it won't get replaced until good samaritans bring it down and the Norra rally is a perfect opportunity.

One RJ, post up here where at Primm we can drop off boxes of relief items, when a good place is decided on. Props to ya for doing this.

swiftracing5

Reaction
Any way I could get some stuff to you from the San Diego/ La Mesa Area. Even on your way down to Baja maybe I can just give you a case of water or something.

KC Amigo

Reaction
We will be participating in the rally for releif. If anybody in San Diego wants to coordinate with us or drop off supplies for us to take on your behalf please e-mail us kevin@amigotecnologia.net or give us a call 619-730-2481

Kevin Carr
Amigotec Racing

ONE_RJ

Reaction
We will be participating in the rally for releif. If anybody in San Diego wants to coordinate with us or drop off supplies for us to take on your behalf please e-mail us kevin@amigotecnologia.net or give us a call 619-730-2481

Kevin Carr
Amigotec Racing
Kevin maybe you could cordinate a drop off point in San Diego and I could cordinate a drop off point in Brawley / El Centro?

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Great call setting up a drop off for donations at Primm contingency. Time to "rally" racers, the wost part of losing everything in a Baja hurricane is that it won't get replaced until good samaritans bring it down and the Norra rally is a perfect opportunity.

One RJ, post up here where at Primm we can drop off boxes of relief items, when a good place is decided on. Props to ya for doing this.

I am trying to locate a company or somebody that will be in Contingency to accept donations and will be heading home taking the 15 frwy South thru Hesperia. Unfortunately I will be at a funeral Saturday and won't be able to make it out to Primm.

Desert Son

Reaction
I'll be bring 18x18x27 heavy duty boxes, So bring whatever you can and we'll pack it in Primm. I love seeing good things come together. Safe travel everyone.

M

memin.pinguine

Another drop point for donations in San Diego would be LetsATV
Ask for the owner Sven, he can give you feedback on what, where etc.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
The kind people at PCI Race Radios will be the orginized drop off point at Primm during contingency Friday. Please stop by the PCI trailer with donated items and check out the latest in GPS, Race radios and helmets. Thank you PCI for joining in the effort to help our Baja families in this time of need.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
I'll be bring 18x18x27 heavy duty boxes, So bring whatever you can and we'll pack it in Primm. I love seeing good things come together. Safe travel everyone.
Eric, Thank you very much, that will really help orginize and make it easy to transport.

Desert Son

Reaction
We will have a EZ-up near the P.C.I trailer so that iteams can be dropped off and packed. Thanks to P.C.I and Rick for getting this together for a group of people that really need are help right now. A little bit goes a long away to a family or person in need. Thanks in advance.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Baja Bush Pilots have returned from their survey run to Baja Sur and will announce a list of airports this afternoon where relief supplies can be left for further transport by BBP aircraft. Strongly recommend donated items be funneled into one of these airport drop off points.

Mexican customs officials at land border crossings (Tijuana, Tecate, Mexicali) are incredibly anal about relief supplies. It's a bureaucratic nightmare and painfully experienced during Hurricane John. There is presently a gent stuck in San Ysidro with a load of shovels, wheelbarrows, tools, etc. destined for Mulege. If you attempt to drive across and get red-lighted, it is unlikely Mexican customs will be receptive nor sympathetic to your story. Just a heads up.

As soon as BBP posts the drop-off list on their website, www.bajabushpilots.com, I'm sure word will get out. I think this is the most viable and hassle-free method of getting stuff down there.

Attachments

BigBro

Reaction
The kind people at PCI Race Radios will be the orginized drop off point at Primm during contingency Friday. Please stop by the PCI trailer with donated items and check out the latest in GPS, Race radios and helmets. Thank you PCI for joining in the effort to help our Baja families in this time of need.
Good people @ PCI !

Broncodawg

Reaction
Bump for PCI for collecting the relief supplies at Primm. Not much dropped off, but know that many in SD helped out and hope that the sign at Primm reminded folks to step up when they get home. Thanks.

BigBro

Reaction
Baja Bush Pilots have returned from their survey run to Baja Sur and will announce a list of airports this afternoon where relief supplies can be left for further transport by BBP aircraft. Strongly recommend donated items be funneled into one of these airport drop off points.

As soon as BBP posts the drop-off list on their website, www.bajabushpilots.com, I'm sure word will get out. I think this is the most viable and hassle-free method of getting stuff down there.

How is the Relief Effort progressing?

BajaDale

Reaction
Here's some of the rides from the EXPO!! Just some of what you'll see down there!