NORRA Mexican 1000

BajaJT

Reaction
Tomorrow I hope to give a recap of the Solo Motorsports 803, in the meantime wanted to mention that for someone who only races once a year and has little time to scout out hotels and make reservations, Baja Voyageur did a great job for our team of 11 folks.

Thanks Juan Carlos!

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Tomorrow I hope to give a recap of the Solo Motorsports 803, in the meantime wanted to mention that for someone who only races once a year and has little time to scout out hotels and make reservations, Baja Voyageur did a great job for our team of 11 folks.

Thanks Juan Carlos!
X2 for thumbs up for Baja Voyager. Multi-person 24 hour security with the same team from Ensenada to Cabo (2 days in Cabo). They even offered up tents and sleeping bags in Loreto even though we booked that hotel via NORRA. Excellent service! Thanks Juan Carlos!

BajaTriumph

Reaction
JC, Baja Voyager has assisted our small Team at 3 races and other occasions in Baja. We have extremely limited time, resources, crew and funds, JC has been a valuable asset getting us across the finishline all 3 times!!! We do not have the time and experience as the RDC Baja experts and JC has filled this need very well. We had his rates compared and found the increased cost was more than fair for the support Baja Voyager supplies. Things don’t always go smoothly in Baja, as I have been going there for decades, but JC has always had my back!!! Wish the RDC public roasting wasn’t so, but it is, hang in there JC! Regards, Lyman Team Baja Triumph & Team Baja Tow’d

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction

Thanks Juan Carlos!
And your a great Uber driver. Thanks again for the ride to Ensenada.

JCBajaVoyager

Reaction

Thanks Juan Carlos!
We have no words to thank You enough for staying with us, We promise We will put heart and soul everytime You need us.

JCBajaVoyager

Reaction
X2 for thumbs up for Baja Voyager. Multi-person 24 hour security with the same team from Ensenada to Cabo (2 days in Cabo). They even offered up tents and sleeping bags in Loreto even though we booked that hotel via NORRA. Excellent service! Thanks Juan Carlos!
Thank You very much. Have no doubt everyone in our team worked sleepless and hard for every one attending this Year's NORRA Mex 1K, We aprecciate down to heart that You feel happy with us! Sometimes Hotels overbook not even thinking participant are tired, hungry, thirsty and in the need of a hot shower and a bed.

We also found one hotel We booked with for 5 teams sold 10 of our rooms before our teams showed up. We found a way out with rooms We had as a back up.

Sure NORRA its also living this with his accommodations so We back up each other to serve our participants in this cases.

God bless You and thanks so much from BajaVoyager's staff

JCBajaVoyager

Reaction
JC, Baja Voyager has assisted our small Team at 3 races and other occasions in Baja. We have extremely limited time, resources, crew and funds, JC has been a valuable asset getting us across the finishline all 3 times!!! We do not have the time and experience as the RDC Baja experts and JC has filled this need very well. We had his rates compared and found the increased cost was more than fair for the support Baja Voyager supplies. Things don’t always go smoothly in Baja, as I have been going there for decades, but JC has always had my back!!! Wish the RDC public roasting wasn’t so, but it is, hang in there JC! Regards, Lyman Team Baja Triumph & Team Baja Tow’d

Agreed amigo, Well know sometime things in Baja can go rough and We know We are not exempt; have local on Your side makes things smoother. Thanks so much for thinking and trusting in Us for 3rd Year in a row amigo Lyman !

Zambo

Reaction
I think it’s great the BV provides a service to people that want and need it. What I don’t think is great is going on to kayak or booking.com to simply book a room like we always do only to find out that every room in town has already been reserved by BV, thereby creating a monopoly for this service and forcing us to pay for it in the form of increased hotel prices. Why not just have JC book the rooms for teams on an as-requested basis rather than hogging them all before anybody knows the dates of the race? This isn’t 1995 where the only way you could get a room is to know Spanish and make an international phone call to a place where you don’t even know the phone number. All of the good hotels are readily available through any site online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCBajaVoyager

Reaction
Never wanted to create a monopoly and lots of places We have no contact with, We know there is people who like to run all this on their own and We respect it. We attend teams wich stays with us as well as teams that never did when they found their rooms are not available as well as in 1995. We are there for them as well as for accommodaions or to help them out watching out of their chase trucks and trailers in our secured parking in every town.

NORRA race is gowing up in participants and expectators as big as Loreto and other cities have not enough hotels to provide this services where We offer camping gear as a choice

Other tams have no way to sign up until they are sure race rig its going to be ready on time and decided to race when most of the places are booked..

Lot's of things around this issues that are not our fault my friend.

Zambo

Reaction
I’m sure you can’t block every hotel room in town, but you do go to places like Mission Hotel in Loreto and Hotel Marina in La Paz for example and block all the rooms do you not? And if I want to stay there I have to get the room from you do I not? And I pay more for that room than I would otherwise do I not?

Like I said if some team needs help finding a last minute room or a place to camp or whatever I think it’s great that you can help them. I don’t think it’s great that the rooms are “last minute” 9 months before the race because you have booked so many and there are none left.

JCBajaVoyager

Reaction
We found that hotels allways respond NORRa or us reseved all the hotel, but not true... NORRA book only the rooms they need for their staff and most of the times end giving thir own rooms to participants...

They do get booked for NORRA event not not by NORRA or us and their response is what brought this confusion.

We are proud to work with La Mision in Loreto most of the time but not for NORRA since they have allways the same guest every race and We respect their policies We have no choice its their hotel right? even NORRA staff struggle with this every Year in an effort to attend and response quicly to anything may happen; then they have to use other hotels during this event. Good thing La Mision provides top notch services and installations that everyone wants to stay with them, unfortunately they have not enough rooms for all of us.

All Hotels have a block of rooms destinated to recurrent clients, other block for weddings and special events and others for travel agencies; they are the ones who decided how many rooms they will leave open for walk ins, web page reservations or online agencies as well as for groups where We have place for the teams who liked to stay with us.

Thank You so much for Your comments and for giving us the chance to explain what is going on, All our respect to You.

Zambo

Reaction
That’s fine JC. For our team, a service that would be handy is help finding smaller less popular places when the big places run out of rooms. That and overflow parking for trailers that don’t fit at the hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaTriumph

Reaction
It is always good to get some positive dialog going on this issue of lodging for the trek down Baja and back. NORRA will hopefully continue to increase entries and with that comes even more limited options. We have been trying to down-size our Team needs, but to not push the crew members limits.
JC does this for a living daily down Baja and has huge resources at hand. I do hope NORRA does Not get into the travel agent business and puts their focus on the awesome event the created.
Our team lost many hours in BOLA, waiting on a NORRA pre-paid room that was sold prior to our arrival and we were in/finished on time. JC was there with a back-up plan, or our volunteer crew would have had an extremely unpleasant BOLA adventure. NORRA came through with a room, but hours later.

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
We've used BV since 2016 after having some back luck in 2013 trying to book our rooms independently. Of course there is a fee involved but we find it's well worth it for the comfort in knowing those rooms will be there for us no matter how late we get in. JC travels with the rally to insure all goes as planned. who else does that?

JCBajaVoyager

Reaction
It is always good to get some positive dialog going on this issue of lodging for the trek down Baja and back. NORRA will hopefully continue to increase entries and with that comes even more limited options. We have been trying to down-size our Team needs, but to not push the crew members limits.
JC does this for a living daily down Baja and has huge resources at hand. I do hope NORRA does Not get into the travel agent business and puts their focus on the awesome event the created.
Our team lost many hours in BOLA, waiting on a NORRA pre-paid room that was sold prior to our arrival and we were in/finished on time. JC was there with a back-up plan, or our volunteer crew would have had an extremely unpleasant BOLA adventure. NORRA came through with a room, but hours later.
We all work hard to prevent this to happen and good We can count on NORRA to give us hand as Well as We give help back to them with this matters in benefit of participants, so they can use or Oh poop plan as a back up.

JCBajaVoyager

Reaction
We've used BV since 2016 after having some back luck in 2013 trying to book our rooms independently. Of course there is a fee involved but we find it's well worth it for the comfort in knowing those rooms will be there for us no matter how late we get in. JC travels with the rally to insure all goes as planned. who else does that?
Happy to contribute to make NORRA the happiest race in the earth my friend, So pleased to help :)

jack montgomery

Reaction
We got into Bola around 10 pm to find our room at Los Vientos was given to another team after securing it based on early entry.
IF YOU PAY FOR ROOM IT SHOULDN'T MATTER IF YOU GET THERE AT 5AM!!

JCBajaVoyager

Reaction
In the name of NORRA We apologize for this; regardless We do not have access to rooms in this place We all run the risk of this to happen... We send our staff one week before to double check the status of our rentals and eventually local homeowners and hotels give rooms away thinking teams will not show up after midnight

They have no clue what a race means....

Two Years ago We camp at finisline waiting for our guest and the rest of the racers to take them to their rental or place and the sandstorm destroyed out tents...

We ended in our shuttles and trucks all night and woke up with a nice sand blast in our windows...

Plese fill up a request form at our web page at contact us section; We will back up NORRA if needed and give You credit for next race.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Well, everyone probably know where I stand on this....
If you aren’t familiar with Baja towns and hotels and you want to pay inflated hotel costs BV can handle it for you.
Many of us know Baja well, have our favorite places, and we dont need help.
BV getting the schedule early and booking entire hotels is BS.
We know 100% there has been some underhanded dealings by BV happening with MANY teams booking rooms on their own then finding out they’ve been booted. This year went pretty smooth and I only heard a couple people complain they got screwed and they feel it was BV that screwed them.
Years ago it was ugly.
It’s sh!tty business practice to screw over non-customers to gain customers. And also to gain customers because you have a monopoly.
Last year we were asked to “work with” BV for our rooms. We tried and it didn’t work so we did our own thing again and saved lots of $.
People always complain about the rising cost of racing. “Now we need this $200 tracker” or “the entry fee is higher” or whatever. But those people are fine with paying $$ more for rooms thru BV because it’s hidden.
There are some people vocal about this. Some like us (and we bring a LOT of people to NORRA) might quit NORRA in full because of the BS by BV. Cameron Steel has posted months ago he may pull his teams out of ‘18 Norra part due to BV. Cameron has a large impact and I wish he’d be more vocal about this.
Nobody’s going to sway me on this I know what’s happened in the past, and I’m not lying.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

JenMorton

Reaction
Juan Carlos has canceled our rooms at more than one hotel and sold them to his customers. El Dorado in Loreto and the Baja Cactus in El Rosario to be exact.

Some of his supporters here probably slept in a room that we reserved & confirmed multiple times 6 or 7 months in advance.

There is definitely a need for a booking agent for busy teams that don’t have time to mess with confusing reservations in Baja.

It’s my hope that Baja Voyager isn’t forced on Norra competitors and practices better business with other companies like ours in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Last edited: