• Forum membership has its advantages....

NORRA Mexican 1000

Well, everyone probably know where I stand on this....
If you aren’t familiar with Baja towns and hotels and you want to pay inflated hotel costs BV can handle it for you.
Many of us know Baja well, have our favorite places, and we dont need help.
BV getting the schedule early and booking entire hotels is BS.
We know 100% there has been some underhanded dealings by BV happening with MANY teams booking rooms on their own then finding out they’ve been booted. This year went pretty smooth and I only heard a couple people complain they got screwed and they feel it was BV that screwed them.
Years ago it was ugly.
It’s sh!tty business practice to screw over non-customers to gain customers. And also to gain customers because you have a monopoly.
Last year we were asked to “work with” BV for our rooms. We tried and it didn’t work so we did our own thing again and saved lots of $.
People always complain about the rising cost of racing. “Now we need this $200 tracker” or “the entry fee is higher” or whatever. But those people are fine with paying $$ more for rooms thru BV because it’s hidden.
There are some people vocal about this. Some like us (and we bring a LOT of people to NORRA) might quit NORRA in full because of the BS by BV. Cameron Steel has posted months ago he may pull his teams out of ‘18 Norra part due to BV. Cameron has a large impact and I wish he’d be more vocal about this.
Nobody’s going to sway me on this I know what’s happened in the past, and I’m not lying.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
Hi Tim I was waiting for Your toughts...

We do not have to be jealous about someone else do or runn asimilar bussines, You do tours, we do as well but NORRA its another story.

All I have to say ita that in this Wew had the opportunuty to attend everyone no matter of color , race, big or small... I cena send You a copy of Jens messg saying that You guys do not need us... So all We was asking for it was to know what You need and see if the places We had where available; We found pride was bigger than anything else but regardless of that I insist to Your wife to see which place You was looking for with the same response.

We also see this Year You booked more rooms than You need in Guerrero negro and posted here that You have them available; so Your team it's running the same risk or You booked more than You need.

We would not turn this forum into a bull fight and We will not write up names here, big or small every single guest deserves all our respect and all our attention, We all know how Cameron Steel hve helped our Baja and our country, Thank You Cameron for this and be sure We have something for You, We are locals and We value high when someone like him help our country.for him and You all our respect but I will not try to point to You because ther is not enough places to stay, would You blame on this event organizers because their event has grown as big as some towns in Baja have not enough rooms forr all the participants, media, expectators, etc?

We attended Cameron in the past, such a cool guy with a big heart and love for our country, We attended him in many places as well as other big hearted racers, even in the last minute We helpe

So lets leave the pride on a side and just give us a chance to help You if You think We are pricy I can give You our best net rate and problably better than Yours in some places. WE are here for Yo, Jen and tem anytime, We will be happy to help.

Juan Carlos has canceled our rooms at more than one hotel and sold them to his customers. El Dorado in Loreto and the Baja Cactus in El Rosario to be exact.

Some of his supporters here probably slept in a room that we reserved & confirmed multiple times 6 or 7 months in advance.

There is definitely a need for a booking agent for busy teams that don’t have time to mess with confusing reservations in Baja.

It’s my hope that Baja Voyager isn’t forced on Norra competitors and practices better business with other companies like ours in the future.

I remeber You yelled on my by the phone, You called us just a couple of weeks before the event and You hung up on me too... It would be good to help Jen, We had a way to open room for You but never gave us the chance.

We are not forcing anyone to stay with us, there is lots of places which decide if they will attend this event participants or another, we do not own the hotels but certainly can deal with them in many situations.

Don not forget Hotels decided rates depending in which event; We have years dealing with this and let me tell You some hotels do not vare if You confirmed Your room or not, If they have enough parkin or security. some of them like us since they know we will take care of that. So You will see some Hotel rooms available in this coming Years giving the rooms at a higer rate with nothing as a plus.

Thank You for Your comments Jen.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

I want to thank Baja Voyager /JC for everything he has done for us.

He does more than help us get rooms with secured parking each night., he helps us with anything we need.

This year our chase truck broke down and our team ( 3 people including myself) ) speaks almost no Spanish. He arranged towing to SJC where we attempted to repair our truck. Unfortunately we were unable to get the problem fixed. JC then helped us get a flatbed tow all the way to Ensenada and then JC’s mechanic fixed our truck. We feel the price we paid for his service was fair.

We will continue to use Baja Voyager because of JC and his great team of people. If you have any issues, it’s good to have a friend in Baja!

Thank you also to the Steel-It racing truck team for trailering our race car back to the states for us.We really appreciate you guys!

There is NO need for Juan Carlos to help with rooms.
When I can get a room for $35 and he charges $100 for the same room .
Just my 2 cents

Good afternoon, as said before, Hotels have the right to keep off season or raise up the rates when they know this race is coming, We are not the only one who have to find the way to handle it.

Thanks for Your comments..

I want to thank Baja Voyager /JC for everything he has done for us.

He does more than help us get rooms with secured parking each night., he helps us with anything we need.

This year our chase truck broke down and our team ( 3 people including myself) ) speaks almost no Spanish. He arranged towing to SJC where we attempted to repair our truck. Unfortunately we were unable to get the problem fixed. JC then helped us get a flatbed tow all the way to Ensenada and then JC’s mechanic fixed our truck. We feel the price we paid for his service was fair.

We will continue to use Baja Voyager because of JC and his great team of people. If you have any issues, it’s good to have a friend in Baja!

Thank you also to the Steel-It racing truck team for trailering our race car back to the states for us.We really appreciate you guys!
Thanks WFX Racing for trusting in us. We appreciate very much You come to us when in Baja God bless You all in Your team, BajaVoyger,is here for You allways.

BajaboundMoto

Haha, funny stuff.
No, we are not in the same business and we are not in competition at all. I’ve ridden & raced motos in Baja for 45 years and that’s what I still do.
No i did not book too many rooms at Terrasal, I had the exact correct amount which was 1 extra and my late-entry friend George LaMonte needed a room, perfect.
No, I do not want to work with BV. We tried, it didn’t work out, cost was crazy high, I’m not interested.
Like I mentioned earlier, some people are happy with BV, that’s GREAT! I’m not interested.

Non related but I skipped the 250 because the rooms I booked in Sept were cancelled on me a month before the race.

I took my money and spent it in San Diego on a hotel that was 10x nicer for only $50 more per night.

I will never let a hotel or agency dictate how much I should pay for a hotel room. Ill just skip the race and wait for the next one.

On a related note, NORRA is still on my bucket list and I hope to make it some day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JenMorton

Juan Carlos, you are a dishonest business man.

You inconvenience others racers to take care of yours, I am 100% confident in my statement.

This year I emailed you the names of the hotels I reserved & CC’d Norra asking you to leave my reservations alone. This will be the extent of us working together.

I learned with correspondence as proof, you probably wouldn’t cancel my rooms and it worked.

Please look for my email next year, looking forward to working with you

Haha, funny stuff.
No, we are not in the same business and we are not in competition at all. I’ve ridden & raced motos in Baja for 45 years and that’s what I still do.
No i did not book too many rooms at Terrasal, I had the exact correct amount which was 1 extra and my late-entry friend George LaMonte needed a room, perfect.
No, I do not want to work with BV. We tried, it didn’t work out, cost was crazy high, I’m not interested.
Like I mentioned earlier, some people are happy with BV, that’s GREAT! I’m not interested.

Then if We do not have a simylar bussiness You as other Baja Visitors can serve theirselves, everyone if free to do it as You have been doing it every race, there is other 50+ teams which see a value in what We do.

There is a lot of things that We like to cover for our friends and clients which find in us a good choice.

Thank You for Your comments Tim.

Funny how all the rooms at the Maillraimo in GN were soldout but available from BV for triple rate. Maybe 50 bike entries and most staying at Terrasal but Mallraimo "soldout".

I have no problem paying for a service. A booking fee of 20-30% is fair for those that need it. A 3x markup is over the top however.
Cruz Roja and Sweep was staying there, also the rooms they have for their recurrent clients... Not only us...

We allways quote before confirmation, Yes We have choices and We have a way to fit any needs, You just have to ask... We sent 2 guys and a chase vehicle to back up the teams staying with us to guerrero negro so our guests have someone to back them up in anything they may need... Surethis service it's not included in a travel agency or an online reservations page for 10% commission my firend.

We are open to deal with prices and also in the case the hotel its ocerbooked get You a place where to stay at no extra cost.

Thanks again for this conversation...

I would like to thank JC at Baja Voyager. I had booked rooms for the 2017 NORRA and cancelled last minute. I asked JC if he could hold this reservation for the 2018 NORRA and he did without hesitation. I appreciate that JC is a man of his word. Yes I may have paid a premium, but I felt it was fair. All of the rooms were ready upon check in and the BV transportation van we used several times at no cost to us. JC and his team were always ready to lend a helping hand and were there if we needed them. I look forward to next years NORRA and all the fun with friends and family. Thanks JC we will be back next year.
Kevin Reardon #1544

Bajated

JC helps a lot of people. He is one of the good guys, who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He is a business man, and his business is working with hotels to provide full service to race teams. That service goes beyond the cost of the hotel room, it includes security for vehicles and a contact to help solve any problem you may have, as many of us have discovered.

JenMorton

JC helps a lot of people. He is one of the good guys, who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He is a business man, and his business is working with hotels to provide full service to race teams. That service goes beyond the cost of the hotel room, it includes security for vehicles and a contact to help solve any problem you may have, as many of us have discovered.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Rory

Crayola Killer
I'm a little new to this since I usually book my own rooms for myself and our team. Did I hear you correctly that BV offers security for our vehicles? That's a great service for down in Mexico! I guess my question would be what if something gets stolen from my vehicle that is in the security area? If I'm paying for the service I'm guessing there has to be some sort of coverage? If so, count me in!

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
I doubt there is an insurance policy, but I DO know there was a big guy named Pedro (I think) plus others that works for BV that sets up a secure perimeter in the parking lots, and made it his personal responsibility to keep our cars and chase trucks safe. We had zero issues with our stuff in the parking lots over the seven nights they booked for us. The BV guys really seemed to care about us and wanted to make sure our hotels were good and our stuff safe. We booked our own hotels on the way home (left 1.5 days behind the herd) and the prices seemed comparable to the BV prices on the way down. My 2 pesos...

SLR

A special Thanks to BV and Juan Carlos, their is value in BV to know you have rooms everywhere you have had them booked and not have to worry if the hotel has given them away because you arrive late. The real value is Bringing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of race cars, chase trucks, spares, equipment and gear to Baja and not having to worry if it’s going to be their in the morning, BV security is second to none and worth every penny JC makes for his service. Thanks to you and your staff for making pick ups at the airport for wives and girlfriends to meet the team at the finish. Our team will continue to use BV in the future and Thanks Again to you and your crew for all your service.