• Forum membership has its advantages....

NORRA QUESTIONS ? Feel Free to Ask Here !!

oneleglance

Thanks very much for your interest, as I said we haven´t changed anything on our schedule as of today as we stated on our release a few days ago we are not canceling our event, understand this situation changes every minute and Travel Restrictions, Borders, etc might be a game-changer in the next weeks, we must not fall into this hysteria and panic until we know for sure and understand what is going to happen, right now is a Go without changes hoping things will be better in the next weeks, I know some people will say things will get worst or some will say it´s panic and will get better but the reality is that NOBODY knows what will happen, patience is the keyword here, take care of your self and your family.

We will keep everyone posted, feel free to reach me anytime egarcia@norra.com

Or Call +52 646 137 1283

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Norra Rally Director

As someone who works as an ICU RN in a big hospital I am glad you are being calm and rational.
This is a desert race, not a stadium run with 50, 000 people together.
Let's do it!!! I will be there as long as they let me cross the border, no matter what.

CHINOLAS

Thanks for getting back to us with an update. I can appreciate at the moment you are moving in 100 different directions , what I suggest you do is take the 10 minutes it would take and actually update info on the actual website so people can see the position from the source and not have to bounce around on forums trying to find out WTF is going on.

Your last update is 12 March and a lot has happened since then. I would suggest you get your web guys to simply add a line each day that has the date and a simple no change at this time and then lots of people will stop asking.

God willing we will see you in 31 Days :)
That is a great idea, we updated website and will update as this situation develops.

Thanks for helping

landshark

Eliseo

If we were registered and paid for the race is there anything we need to do for the October date? In other words do we need to re-register or notify anyone if we want to race in October?

bhernquist

Somebody apparently bought up large blocks of rooms in Loretto.... I called yesterday morning to move my rooms (I bought 5 in July 2019 for this NORRA) at the Oasis to the October dates. The hotel is booked already and I was "told" someone bought up a large block of rooms for resale... Douche move..

CHINOLAS

Eliseo

If we were registered and paid for the race is there anything we need to do for the October date? In other words do we need to re-register or notify anyone if we want to race in October?
NO need to do anything, all registered teams have been rescheduled to the October dates, only teams that wish to be canceled and moved to 2021 need to send an email to info@norra.com, we understand that some team will race the Baja 1000 in November and dont want to do Norra because of the double expense, what we are telling them is that they can do Norra, Pre Run and then return to prep for the Baja 1000 :)

CHINOLAS

Somebody apparently bought up large blocks of rooms in Loretto.... I called yesterday morning to move my rooms (I bought 5 in July 2019 for this NORRA) at the Oasis to the October dates. The hotel is booked already and I was "told" someone bought up a large block of rooms for resale... Douche move..
Pretty Sure that was JC Pacheco from Baja Voyager, we went to BOLA Yesterday and he took from us Raquel and Larry Hotel, Ruth the owner said he offered to pay more for the rooms than us, also tried at least 4 more other hotels but owners don´t want to work for him, they know he takes advantage of racers by reselling sometimes double without investing anything, hotel owners hate this because they say they invest in the room and water, services, etc and this guy just comes and doubles our rates doing nothing winning more money than the actual hotel owner.

There should be a way to put a leash on this guy, we as racers and promoters should not admit this kind of behavior, he has been sneaking into the Riviera Convention Center Patios during our race without anyone approval with a little easy up and sells his services to last-minute customers that don´t have any other option but to buy from him because there is no availability.

He is also doing the Mexico Visas in that same easy up at the Riviera during our event, we need to teach this guy a lesson, on this trouble times someone that takes advantage of the situation just to win money does not deserve any loyalty or sponsoring, on this difficult times we need to help each other and be a family not stab in the back like this guy did with rooms for October.

I am open to ideas on what to do.

LantanaTX

If people stop buying rooms from the guy he will get stuck with them or most likely he will have to release them. I am pretty sure since I am in the travel business that he places a deposit and at some point he has to pay or release them. I have seen rooms suddenly become available a week or so before the race. Maybe buying rooms from him should be a DQ

Fourstroker

If people stop buying rooms from the guy he will get stuck with them or most likely he will have to release them. I am pretty sure since I am in the travel business that he places a deposit and at some point he has to pay or release them. I have seen rooms suddenly become available a week or so before the race. Maybe buying rooms from him should be a DQ
He hedges his bet by having you pay in full (not a credit card HoLd) and then only issuing a 70% refund if you cancel. Ask me how I know

aburruss

I agree that if there's no market, this guy won't keep doing this. I was one of the people who needed ONE room on ONE night a couple years ago, and was told to pound sand unless I wanted to book the entire week through them.

To limit those who shop with him, maybe NORRA should send out a release (or at least on their site), advising other people about this. Those of us who read this forum know the story... but if it's more widely known, it could help stop this from happening. Also, that would be pretty bad press for JC and Baja Voyager, and if there's an official "slap", they might adjust their tactics if it affects the $$ enough.

Pretty Sure that was JC Pacheco from Baja Voyager, we went to BOLA Yesterday and he took from us Raquel and Larry Hotel, Ruth the owner said he offered to pay more for the rooms than us, also tried at least 4 more other hotels but owners don´t want to work for him, they know he takes advantage of racers by reselling sometimes double without investing anything, hotel owners hate this because they say they invest in the room and water, services, etc and this guy just comes and doubles our rates doing nothing winning more money than the actual hotel owner.

There should be a way to put a leash on this guy, we as racers and promoters should not admit this kind of behavior, he has been sneaking into the Riviera Convention Center Patios during our race without anyone approval with a little easy up and sells his services to last-minute customers that don´t have any other option but to buy from him because there is no availability.

He is also doing the Mexico Visas in that same easy up at the Riviera during our event, we need to teach this guy a lesson, on this trouble times someone that takes advantage of the situation just to win money does not deserve any loyalty or sponsoring, on this difficult times we need to help each other and be a family not stab in the back like this guy did with rooms for October.

I am open to ideas on what to do.
For fist We want to pay respect to all the victims of this discease COVID -19; We pray for all those affected and the ones who loss a relative, friend or loved one.

We will speak direct Eliseo Garcia since You are starting the thread this way.

We can imagine how high its the level of responsability to look for the integrity of all the participants and their team and families and again You decided not looking for the benefit of everyone involved in this amazing event but allways looking for Your own benefit.

Because You waited too long to reschedule the event, MISSATTENDING that this discease is not a scam. while other of events promoters and even knowing that State Tourism authorities in North and South Baja had announce that all public events will be cancelled due to COVID-19 You posted that the event will happen no matter what.

On a side of this, We see that Your unknowledge in the Hospitality bussines is none and in Your poor understanding of this mattters You never consult local Tourism offices and services providers to check if their agenda will be able to hold and event with this magnitude.

Sure thinking You are the only one promoter of events and not considering BajaVoyager it's attending more than 50 race teams in this event and not confirming Hotels have availability even for Your own staff, You reschedule the event assuming Hotels will cancel their previous reservations just because is You.

Because in this thread You are not mentioning the situation We (BajaVoyager and NORRA staff) are facing in one hotel that was commited on this dates and now because You TOUGHT everybody will leave their clients dancing in the string just because Eliseo Garcia is asking for it.

For Your knowledge at Oasis Hotel We have not even one room for us or for our clients; and even worst now that You have announced the new dates not observing this simple rule.

After 35 years in the Hospitality bussines; We have a way out and as every Year We will accommodate all the ones which booked thruogh Us in the recently published dates.

Speaking about Raquel and Larry Hotel, We told You back with the oldest and better version of Eliseo Garcia; Ruth was unhappy with You because the teams You accommodated with her were not taking good care of her place; connecting welding machines and shutting down the power in her place but also dropping burned oil in the beach and at the Hotel parking area but then You said You will take care of it which never happened. Then Ruth asked us that if We can enforce the team We would accommodate with Her to observe this conditions she would like to put her place available for us.

So here is only two things that may happenned; You missattended her and as a result You are not Welcome there anymore or You are lying telling in this forum We offer more money than You in order to caught the attention of this forum attendants for Your own benefit.

Because in Bay Of LA You are not doing nothing else than MANIPULATE the accomodations as a MONOPOLY putting as an excuse saying I DO THIS BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT THE MC MILLINS TO RENT THE WHOLE TOWN. Not considering the McMillins supported NORRA in their best version... VINTAGE RACING.

The lesson is: clean up sceptics and carry poop is not the same than put together an event.

Last edited:

CHINOLAS

For fist We want to pay respect to all the victims of this discease COVID -19; We pray for all those affected and the ones who loss a relative, friend or loved one.

We will speak direct Eliseo Garcia since You are starting the thread this way.

We can imagine how high its the level of responsability to look for the integrity of all the participants and their team and families and again You decided not looking for the benefit of everyone involved in this amazing event but allways looking for Your own benefit.

Because You waited too long to reschedule the event, MISSATTENDING that this discease is not a scam. while other of events promoters and even knowing that State Tourism authorities in North and South Baja had announce that all public events will be cancelled due to COVID-19 You posted that the event will happen no matter what.

On a side of this, We see that Your unknowledge in the Hospitality bussines is none and in Your poor understanding of this mattters You never consult local Tourism offices and services providers to check if their agenda will be able to hold and event with this magnitude.

Sure thinking You are the only one promoter of events and not considering BajaVoyager it's attending more than 50 race teams in this event and not confirming Hotels have availability even for Your own staff, You reschedule the event assuming Hotels will cancel their previous reservations just because is You.

Because in this thread You are not mentioning the situation We (BajaVoyager and NORRA staff) are facing in one hotel that was commited on this dates and now because You TOUGHT everybody will leave their clients dancing in the string just because Eliseo Garcia is asking for it.

For Your knowledge at Oasis Hotel We have not even one room for us or for our clients; and even worst now that You have announced the new dates not observing this simple rule.

After 35 years in the Hospitality bussines; We have a way out and as every Year We will accommodate all the ones which booked thruogh Us in the recently published dates.

Speaking about Raquel and Larry Hotel, We told You back with the oldest and better version of Eliseo Garcia; Ruth was unhappy with You because the teams You accommodated with her were not taking good care of her place; connecting welding machines and shutting down the power in her place but also dropping burned oil in the beach and at the Hotel parking area but then You said You will take care of it which never happened. Then Ruth asked us that if We can enforce the team We would accommodate with Her to observe this conditions she would like to put her place available for us.

So here is only two things that may happenned; You missattended her and as a result You are not Welcome there anymore or You are lying telling in this forum We offer more money than You in order to caught the attention of this forum attendants for Your own benefit.

Because in Bay Of LA You are not doing nothing else than MANIPULATE the accomodations as a MONOPOLY putting as an excuse saying I DO THIS BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT THE MC MILLINS TO RENT THE WHOLE TOWN. Not considering the McMillins supported NORRA in their best version... VINTAGE RACING.

The lesson is: clean up sceptics and carry poop is not the same than put together an event.
JC if you are hired by 50 teams every race how come you guys book 350 to 400 rooms in Loreto? why do you book so many rooms if your customers don't need all of them?

That is the real problem, please stop doing this, you are not helping at all to make this a better experience for the rest of the teams.

LantanaTX

I can say that having met Eliseo that I will side with him in any disagreement.
Baja Voyager can eat sand tacos for their methods.
Agree 100% Eliseo runs a great race and it is not easy getting our crazy traveling circus to Cabo. Monopolizing the rooms sucks.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Eliseo, on a side note concerning the NORRA 500 and the NORRA 1000:

was talking to my good buddy Norm Francis about the move of the 1000 to the 500 date. He thought it was a good move but then HE had an idea.

Before I go forward with his idea I DO understand what an undertaking this would be but it might be something to look into.

How about running the NORRA 500 and the NORRA 1000 at the same time. Everyone starts in Ensenada to San Felipe, but those entered for the 500 will race back to Ensenada. You would have those volunteers who can’t go all the way south cover 2 days of racing and then go home, while the rest of the volunteers continuing south.

Couple issues of course would be awards for the 500. Not sure there would be a party for those guys due to not knowing if personnel would be available to go through the timing and scoring and also a party.

Another thing I would implement is an entry minimum. Let’s say you can’t get at least 100 entries for the 500 you would NOT continue the NORRA 500 event and just stick with the 1000. The cut off time for the official “Go or No Go” for the 500 would be 30 days prior to the event.

Sorry Eliseo, this is the problem when we are stuck at home drinking coffee all day with nothing to do. I think it’s a GREAT idea but of course I don’t have to do any leg work or massive planning......that would be YOU big guy! Hope you are enjoying your Corona Virus vacation 😷.

I figured since you weren’t doing anything I would give you something to do......😬🥴😆

Chris_Wilson

I thought it would be cool to do Mex 500 Sat/Sun w/ tech Friday. Then start Mex 1000 Monday (additional tech Saturday). Mex 500 awards Sunday evening.
Then racers could do Mex 500 or 1000 or both for a one time Mexican 1500 and a special trophy for lowest ET of both events. Friday tech only for 500 entries.