NORRA QUESTIONS ? Feel Free to Ask Here !!

CHINOLAS

Well-Known Member
Posts
422
Reaction
489
My team is working through a few work related travel restrictions so Im waiting to hear if I still have a race team. With that said , If the race go’s on in “21”. Are we still able to move our entry to “2022” if needed?
Thanks
NO PROBLEM, You can push your entry to 2022 anytime or also if last minute you decide to come you can still come down, only problem is if you have a BOLA Hotel Room and decide to push your entry to 2022 we will have to sell that room to another team since we already paid for all the rooms in BOLA.
 

Buellracer

Active Member
Posts
34
Reaction
25
We unfortunately will not be able to go to this years 1000. I have a block of rooms all the way down the pensula including Bahia de LA listed in the classified. If interested please contact me. If the event is cancelled I will buy them back and use them for 2021if you want. I can only get a refund if the event is cancelled.
I ment 2022 not 2021 on buying back the rooms
 

43mod

Well-Known Member
Posts
3,720
Reaction
3,061
Food in bola has not been an issue . Local restaurants have provided good service regardless of condition of the provided party / time of arrival . We prefer them over the party . Rooms not so much . Bring sleeping bags even if promised a bed .
For a reasonable fee i can provide a well equipped crew cab chase truck and two man crew . Tools , welder , 2 radios , gps , winch etc . Can tow your trailer if not a road pig . IE stupid wide or overloaded. Possible transport of race rig back to your shop . Could supply trailer . Tell me your needs and i will give you a turn key price .
Mention that your a friend of R Johnson for increase in price 😊.
 

CHINOLAS

Well-Known Member
Posts
422
Reaction
489
We are ready, but on hold. With company to come back to, I will have to quarantine until a negative test in the US, and Los Angeles (don't know about other area is a mandatory 10 day stay at home order; (translates to, that I am screwed if an employee gets covid, as I will get blamed if I violate the rules).

I want this mess over, and want to be in baja; I haven't been able to go to my home in Loreto for 2.5 months due to rules of covid.

Los Angeles County fair just canceled...... That is huge, and the event was scheduled for September. Millions of dollars event.

I hope, I hope, I hope we can go.

Tech fun? Registration? Driver meeting? Results? Check ins each morning? BOLA, where where where to eat and sleep away from the groups?

Please, what is the serious game plan for life and safety?

Again, we WANT TO GO HAVE FUN, Happiest race on earth?
View attachment 223048
Mr. Pajaro Loco

Hope you are doing good my friend, we are going forward with 2021 but we have our eyes wide open on the situation especially in Baja Sur.

The current schedule with COVID Mitigation Plan is pending approval from the Authorities but looks very positive;

Apr. 23rd and 24th we will have Registration and Tech Inspection at Horsepower Ranch by appointment, we will be allowing 10 teams per hour for Registration and Tech from 9 am to 5 pm, in order to be able to register every team member that will have a wristband crew or racers will be required to have a Negative Covid Test Result not older than 72 hours on hand or Vaccination Card with both applications done, if no test has been done we will have Onsite Testing available, Horsepower Ranch Staff, Media and all Norra staff will be also tested for Covid and no one will be allowed inside without a negative result, inside of Horsepower Ranch we will have a Food Court and Norra Beer included on your party wristband instead of the Welcome Fiesta.

Apr 25th we will start the rally at the end of the new highway where the Baja 1000 started outside of town, that location is exactly where the Entrance to Horsepower Ranch is on Hwy 3, picture attached, Google Earth has old pictures and this is new, finish line in San Felipe will be inside of the El Dorado Ranch and only banded crews and racers will be allowed inside, we will have a Food Court with Norra Beer with limited seating and will also have the option of Food to Take Out.

Apr 26th we will start at El Dorado and finish at Bay of Los Angeles on the Pit City Camping Site, we will have a Food Court with Norra Beer and food to take out option just like San Felipe.

Apr 27th we will leave BOLA towards Loreto, if the Baja Sur Covid situation gets better by March we will be allowed to race in April but no finish line will be allowed in Loreto Malecon by the beach and no Party at La Mision will be allowed, we will finish the Special Stage North of Loreto and finish the day there.

Apr 28th No start at the Loreto Wash and Malecon, we will start at the San Javier Hwy without public, No Finish line in La Paz either, we will finish North of La Paz and thats it for the day.

Apr 29th No start at La Paz Malecon, we will start North of La Paz in a no public site, finish line in San Jose will not be on the street behind the Tropicana Hotel, it will be on a closed location near a baseball field at the end of the wash, only banded crews and racers will be allowed inside of the field.

Apr 30th Results will be posted and we will have a Trophy Pick Up location announced for teams to pick up their awards, we will have a Photo Op banner and Mike will be there handing trophies to everybody, we will schedule this in order to prevent a lot of people gathering.

So Far is what we have filed for approval and pending any change or suggestion from Local Authorities.

All places will be fenced and no public access will be allowed, we will have a screening filter with temp check and sanitizer stations everywhere in the Rally.

Let me know if you need any other information, also about your quarantine requirement you might want to check if that applies if you have a Negative Covid Test on hand at arrival to LAX because you have to be tested prior to boarding an airplane and that should be enough IMO without having to quarantine.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
 

Attachments

  • 7D9CE7E0-8050-409E-BF70-3BC250DBF4BF.jpeg
    7D9CE7E0-8050-409E-BF70-3BC250DBF4BF.jpeg
    10.3 MB · Views: 84
  • DAFA9529-6646-48C0-A34D-BC99ABEA4DAA.jpeg
    DAFA9529-6646-48C0-A34D-BC99ABEA4DAA.jpeg
    9.5 MB · Views: 78
  • 433EE3A6-9069-47A6-A8D3-09856E10C692.jpeg
    433EE3A6-9069-47A6-A8D3-09856E10C692.jpeg
    10 MB · Views: 58
  • 5D90B3FE-65A3-4BEB-8A66-C542EC9C02A9.jpeg
    5D90B3FE-65A3-4BEB-8A66-C542EC9C02A9.jpeg
    10.8 MB · Views: 76

landshark

Well-Known Member
Posts
156
Reaction
307
Mr. Pajaro Loco

Hope you are doing good my friend, we are going forward with 2021 but we have our eyes wide open on the situation especially in Baja Sur.

The current schedule with COVID Mitigation Plan is pending approval from the Authorities but looks very positive;

Apr. 23rd and 24th we will have Registration and Tech Inspection at Horsepower Ranch by appointment, we will be allowing 10 teams per hour for Registration and Tech from 9 am to 5 pm, in order to be able to register every team member that will have a wristband crew or racers will be required to have a Negative Covid Test Result not older than 72 hours on hand or Vaccination Card with both applications done, if no test has been done we will have Onsite Testing available, Horsepower Ranch Staff, Media and all Norra staff will be also tested for Covid and no one will be allowed inside without a negative result, inside of Horsepower Ranch we will have a Food Court and Norra Beer included on your party wristband instead of the Welcome Fiesta.

Apr 25th we will start the rally at the end of the new highway where the Baja 1000 started outside of town, that location is exactly where the Entrance to Horsepower Ranch is on Hwy 3, picture attached, Google Earth has old pictures and this is new, finish line in San Felipe will be inside of the El Dorado Ranch and only banded crews and racers will be allowed inside, we will have a Food Court with Norra Beer with limited seating and will also have the option of Food to Take Out.

Apr 26th we will start at El Dorado and finish at Bay of Los Angeles on the Pit City Camping Site, we will have a Food Court with Norra Beer and food to take out option just like San Felipe.

Apr 27th we will leave BOLA towards Loreto, if the Baja Sur Covid situation gets better by March we will be allowed to race in April but no finish line will be allowed in Loreto Malecon by the beach and no Party at La Mision will be allowed, we will finish the Special Stage North of Loreto and finish the day there.

Apr 28th No start at the Loreto Wash and Malecon, we will start at the San Javier Hwy without public, No Finish line in La Paz either, we will finish North of La Paz and thats it for the day.

Apr 29th No start at La Paz Malecon, we will start North of La Paz in a no public site, finish line in San Jose will not be on the street behind the Tropicana Hotel, it will be on a closed location near a baseball field at the end of the wash, only banded crews and racers will be allowed inside of the field.

Apr 30th Results will be posted and we will have a Trophy Pick Up location announced for teams to pick up their awards, we will have a Photo Op banner and Mike will be there handing trophies to everybody, we will schedule this in order to prevent a lot of people gathering.

So Far is what we have filed for approval and pending any change or suggestion from Local Authorities.

All places will be fenced and no public access will be allowed, we will have a screening filter with temp check and sanitizer stations everywhere in the Rally.

Let me know if you need any other information, also about your quarantine requirement you might want to check if that applies if you have a Negative Covid Test on hand at arrival to LAX because you have to be tested prior to boarding an airplane and that should be enough IMO without having to quarantine.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Eliseo-

Thank you and the entire NORRA team for the work to make this happen, I realize it is a monumental undertaking.

I understand the above is the "plan" and some of it will need to be worked out, but wanted to ask if there was an idea for registration appointments so that we would be able to pre-register for a day/time slot. Some of us have to travel a bit longer then others as it takes us about 24 hours non-stop from Denver to Ensenada. With the registration/tech times being limited It would be great to be able to know we can tech the last day or need to make arrangements to leave earlier to be there on Thursday.

Regardless we will work it out - but wanted to ask :)
 

ONE_RJ

Well-Known Member
Posts
2,346
Reaction
498
Food in bola has not been an issue . Local restaurants have provided good service regardless of condition of the provided party / time of arrival . We prefer them over the party . Rooms not so much . Bring sleeping bags even if promised a bed .
For a reasonable fee i can provide a well equipped crew cab chase truck and two man crew . Tools , welder , 2 radios , gps , winch etc . Can tow your trailer if not a road pig . IE stupid wide or overloaded. Possible transport of race rig back to your shop . Could supply trailer . Tell me your needs and i will give you a turn key price .
Mention that your a friend of R Johnson for increase in price 😊.
And to think I was just picking up the phone to call you to see if you wanted to come with us.
 

ONE_RJ

Well-Known Member
Posts
2,346
Reaction
498
Eliseo,
When you make the registration list for the day & time. Would it be possible to request #30 be sometime Saturday morning?
we won’t be in Ensenada until later Friday night.
 

CHINOLAS

Well-Known Member
Posts
422
Reaction
489
Eliseo-

Thank you and the entire NORRA team for the work to make this happen, I realize it is a monumental undertaking.

I understand the above is the "plan" and some of it will need to be worked out, but wanted to ask if there was an idea for registration appointments so that we would be able to pre-register for a day/time slot. Some of us have to travel a bit longer then others as it takes us about 24 hours non-stop from Denver to Ensenada. With the registration/tech times being limited It would be great to be able to know we can tech the last day or need to make arrangements to leave earlier to be there on Thursday.

Regardless we will work it out - but wanted to ask :)
Our webmaster can work on an appointment or reservation page in the Norra website for people to choose their registration and tech times based on availability that is no problem.
 

bajabird

Well-Known Member
Posts
1,530
Reaction
164
Gracias Eliseo, Thank you so very much for the plan.

For now, we are ready to go and hope to go. :)

Cheers for all that is gotten done and getting done to make this happen.

WE WANT TO RACE NORRA!

Tom


Post edit; Sadly I just found this, and I thought the quarantine had been lifted.

This is where I can get sued as company owner if any employee gets covid and I didn't quarentine.
Not the worry I want to have in California, as litigious as most are.
 
Last edited:

bajabird

Well-Known Member
Posts
1,530
Reaction
164
Gracias Eliseo, Thank you so very much for the plan.

For now, we are ready to go and hope to go. :)

Cheers for all that is gotten done and getting done to make this happen.

WE WANT TO RACE NORRA!

Tom


Post edit; Sadly I just found this, and I thought the quarantine had been lifted.

This is where I can get sued as company owner if any employee gets covid and I didn't quarentine.
Not the worry I want to have in California, as litigious as most are.
So I hear that this year might get changed to a loop race?

Is this what is going to happen? Ensenada to Ensenada?
 

bajabird

Well-Known Member
Posts
1,530
Reaction
164
Rumblings at the MORE race this past weekend. Huge turnout by the way with over 170 entries.
 

Baja535

Well-Known Member
Posts
49
Reaction
68
Eliseo, thanks for the effort. Can you provide more details on the onsite covid testing at Horsepower ranch? What is the cost. Is it included in the entry?
 

CHINOLAS

Well-Known Member
Posts
422
Reaction
489
So I hear that this year might get changed to a loop race?

Is this what is going to happen? Ensenada to Ensenada?
Hello all, sorry for the delay in response since I have been out on the course for a few days leaving early and back late.

Since we started working on the 2021 event we have been pushing for a full peninsula run as always and closely looking at the COVID situation in both North and South states, we have moved our Tech Inspection and Registration Site to Horsepower Ranch in order to comply with social distancing and no public attendees at the rally, we moved the finish line in San Felipe to El Dorado Ranch and we will fence the finish in BOLA to prevent public from accessing to the RV Park of Villa Vitta, we won´t have a finish line in Loreto and Start at the San Javier Hwy, we won´t have a finish line in La Paz either, and finish line in San Jose will be at a Baseball field near the wash we use to enter the town, no awards party, just a trophy pick up location.

Covid cases are declining in both states now and everything is looking better but still, spring breakers started coming to Baja on Feb 20th and will continue all March and beginning of April so we have to have our eyes wide open on this.

We do have a North Loop option in case Baja South gets shut down after March, we have a 5 day North rally planned as an alternate option, it has been double the work for us since we have to create 2 courses and 2 of everything, the 2021 Norra Mexican 1000 will happen that is a fact, the North Loop course looks really fun and we will also be allowed to have finish lines with food and drinks included, day 1 and 2 will be the same as Plan A Peninsula Run, Day 3 will be a BOLA to BOLA run thru both sides of the peninsula, Day 4 will be BOLA to San Felipe using new fun roads and yes highway too but not too much, Day 5 will be San Felipe to Ensenada but will change the route to the pacific and finish will be at the Uruapan wine country with food and drinks included, awards will be at Horsepower Ranch depending on Covid levels is how many people will be allowed in. we might have to do 2 awards if allowed by eras or classes.

Tomorrow Mike and I will send out an update video about this to explain our plans and stop all rumors about the rally, we will push this for a peninsula run until April 1st and if COVID is at a safe level to travel south we will go, if not we will stay safe in the North but the 2021 Norra Mexican 1000 will happen.

Hope this answers all your questions.
 

CHINOLAS

Well-Known Member
Posts
422
Reaction
489
Eliseo, thanks for the effort. Can you provide more details on the onsite covid testing at Horsepower ranch? What is the cost. Is it included in the entry?
Covid Testing will be included in your party wristband to compensate for the lack of parties in Loreto and Cabo, we will also include a few more things to it.

If a crew member does not want to get a party wristband the cost for on-site testing will be 35 dlls.
 
Top