NORRA QUESTIONS ? Feel Free to Ask Here !!

Elk Hunter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Posts
739
Reaction
51
Location
Montrose, colorado
Hello all, sorry for the delay in response since I have been out on the course for a few days leaving early and back late.

Since we started working on the 2021 event we have been pushing for a full peninsula run as always and closely looking at the COVID situation in both North and South states, we have moved our Tech Inspection and Registration Site to Horsepower Ranch in order to comply with social distancing and no public attendees at the rally, we moved the finish line in San Felipe to El Dorado Ranch and we will fence the finish in BOLA to prevent public from accessing to the RV Park of Villa Vitta, we won´t have a finish line in Loreto and Start at the San Javier Hwy, we won´t have a finish line in La Paz either, and finish line in San Jose will be at a Baseball field near the wash we use to enter the town, no awards party, just a trophy pick up location.

Covid cases are declining in both states now and everything is looking better but still, spring breakers started coming to Baja on Feb 20th and will continue all March and beginning of April so we have to have our eyes wide open on this.

We do have a North Loop option in case Baja South gets shut down after March, we have a 5 day North rally planned as an alternate option, it has been double the work for us since we have to create 2 courses and 2 of everything, the 2021 Norra Mexican 1000 will happen that is a fact, the North Loop course looks really fun and we will also be allowed to have finish lines with food and drinks included, day 1 and 2 will be the same as Plan A Peninsula Run, Day 3 will be a BOLA to BOLA run thru both sides of the peninsula, Day 4 will be BOLA to San Felipe using new fun roads and yes highway too but not too much, Day 5 will be San Felipe to Ensenada but will change the route to the pacific and finish will be at the Uruapan wine country with food and drinks included, awards will be at Horsepower Ranch depending on Covid levels is how many people will be allowed in. we might have to do 2 awards if allowed by eras or classes.

Tomorrow Mike and I will send out an update video about this to explain our plans and stop all rumors about the rally, we will push this for a peninsula run until April 1st and if COVID is at a safe level to travel south we will go, if not we will stay safe in the North but the 2021 Norra Mexican 1000 will happen.

Hope this answers all your questions.
Your efforts are appreciated. Excited for some NORRA fun. See ya soon.
Reid
 

Manx Mike

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2017
Posts
8
Reaction
10
Location
So-Cal
Eliseao,
Thank you and NORRA for all the hard work and plannign for different contingincies. My team is looking forward to an exciting adventure in Baja no matter which course we run. In 2015 we ran along the pacific and it was great! looking forward to new terrain! Bring it on!
 

jeff

Moderator
Joined
Apr 1, 2001
Posts
7,454
Reaction
352
Location
California
Website
www.performancelifts.com
Having different route options makes hotel reservations a bit of an issue. Cancellation policies seem to vary wildly along the Baja peninsula and not knowing which route will be taken (less than 30 days in advance) sounds like a great way for someone to lose a bunch of money on deposits. To play it safe a team will now have to start looking for rooms in case Plan B is what ends up happening. That's a lot of time in BoLA too. Stories from racers that recently spent time in BoLA aren't encouraging either.

Aloha
 

CHINOLAS

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Posts
470
Reaction
560
Location
Ensenada, Baja, Mexico
Website
www.facebook.com
Having different route options makes hotel reservations a bit of an issue. Cancellation policies seem to vary wildly along the Baja peninsula and not knowing which route will be taken (less than 30 days in advance) sounds like a great way for someone to lose a bunch of money on deposits. To play it safe a team will now have to start looking for rooms in case Plan B is what ends up happening. That's a lot of time in BoLA too. Stories from racers that recently spent time in BoLA aren't encouraging either.

Aloha
Agree 100%

Any better Idea ?
 

jeff

Moderator
Joined
Apr 1, 2001
Posts
7,454
Reaction
352
Location
California
Website
www.performancelifts.com
My buddy would call this a Soup Sandwich.

I think having a Plan B is one too many plans. Had the vote been NORRA YES LOOP RACE or NORRA POSTPONED you might have seen a different outcome. Have all of the entries been notified that it's possible that Plan B may be necessary? I haven't seen an official release so that might really make a lot of people upset when on April 1 they get the news they have to cancel a bunch of rooms and need to find rooms in new locations.

Aloha
 

Dirtfarmer

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2021
Posts
9
Reaction
28
Location
Sanger
I'd rather have a loop race than no race, and it sounds like a contingency plan just in case. These guys are doing their best to make the peninsula run work. I really don't want to have to wait another year. I hope most teams feel the way I do.
 

2manybroncos

Active Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Posts
39
Reaction
61
Location
Chico, CA
Hobson’s choice. We voted 2021 peninsula race. Didn’t consider plan B which would probably be a really fun race but all the flights, hotels vacation time etc already arranged. Obviously we don’t control what the gov decides. Tourism is vital to the economy so I’m sure it would be an extreme event that would cancel our race. In this time and circumstance the unthinkable is routine.
The only sure thing is to roll to 2022 and hope NORRA survives. Just my thoughts.
 

landshark

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Posts
164
Reaction
322
Location
Denver, Colorado
I would think by now, people would realize anything is possible and can happen. Ie. There is no absolute guarantee that this event or any other will be allowed to happen at the moment. It could all come to a screeching halt at the last minute, or it could all unfold as we hope it will (and for the record I am hopefully positive it will) and we run all the way to San Jose.

I realize there is potential for allot of “purple” commentary and thoughts in this thread on what’s the right thing or best thing to do but will try to leave that out.

I guess what I am getting at is this: we have all made plans, we ALL knew the plans could change. With all the moving parts involved in just getting to the start line, let alone doing this in another country during these times there has to be some sort of realization that it could blow up and things would have to be canceled, changed or lost.

I personally would rather do a peninsula run rather than a loop. But considering this past year, myself and my friends/team would be happy to do laps on lake Chapala if it means we get to race in Mexico.

For the record i have a house reserved in San Jose and will lose the full amount unless I can negotiate with the owner but I knew that going in and made the decision.

I cannot imagine the level of effort, time, negotiation and All the other things that go into pulling off an event of this magnitude, let alone right now during these times. My team and I are all thankful that Eliseo, Mike and all the NORRA family are working their butts off to put on a safe, thoughtful event for us and look forward to whatever unfolds, as long as tacos and beer are involved otherwise we are out :)
 

2manybroncos

Active Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Posts
39
Reaction
61
Location
Chico, CA
I agree with Landshark. Didn’t mean to be grumpy and no matter what Gaucho Marks Racing will be there and have a great time as I hope everyone does.
And add my appreciation for what the whole NORRA staff is doing and has done this year of pestilence. Especially Eliseo who is the real boots on the ground.
Mark
 

oneleglance

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Posts
72
Reaction
59
Location
Phoenix Az
I am a chaser not a racer but I will still be going even if my team (Kaysinger Bronco) can't make it (not looking good)

So regardless of loop or traditional if anyone needs a couple of guys in a built 4wd van to help out just let me know.

Worse case scenario, my buddy and I plan to be in Ensenada and follow/help/watch where ever the race goes.
 

Buellracer

Active Member
Joined
May 27, 2019
Posts
36
Reaction
26
Location
Boise Idaho
We unfortunately will not be able to go to this years 1000. I have a block of rooms all the way down the pensula including Bahia de LA listed in the classified. If interested please contact me. If the event is cancelled I will buy them back and use them for 2021if you want. I can only get a refund if the event is cancelled.
The rooms are no longer for sale JC is moving my deposit to 2022 . Thanks J C you are a good man.
 

cavebiker

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2016
Posts
48
Reaction
149
Location
Wisconsin
Website
www.JustAdventureTravel.net
Good news for the NORRA peninsula run! the covid level for Baja sur was lowered to yellow March 1st 🤟 If I remember correctly Eliseo said this is the GO marker for a Cabo finish. Now we just have to hope the Spring breakers don't mess it up for the April 1st update. Go NORRA!!!
 

BajaTriumph

Active Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Posts
38
Reaction
63
Location
Scottsdale
Elisio. Question on CV19 testing for entry. What if you have proof of vaccination card. Or do we still need a negative test on site?
If we get a test in US prior, they maybe expired by time we get to HPRanch for tech. Would be wise to have negative test before heading down, then have an on-site current test at HPRanch. What if test is Positive on-site? Then we have to send crew member/s home. May not have available vehicle for transportation back to US. Details, Details... Thanks for doing a difficult but awesome effort!!
 

CHINOLAS

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2003
Posts
470
Reaction
560
Location
Ensenada, Baja, Mexico
Website
www.facebook.com
Elisio. Question on CV19 testing for entry. What if you have proof of vaccination card. Or do we still need a negative test on site?
If we get a test in US prior, they maybe expired by time we get to HPRanch for tech. Would be wise to have negative test before heading down, then have an on-site current test at HPRanch. What if test is Positive on-site? Then we have to send crew member/s home. May not have available vehicle for transportation back to US. Details, Details... Thanks for doing a difficult but awesome effort!!
During Tech and Registration days Apr 23rd and 24th we will have a 3 lane access point prior to Horsepower Ranch, Lane 1 will be for people that have Vaccination Cards with both applications and also for people that have a Negative test done at home prior to leaving the USA not older than 72 hours if you have been vaccinated you don´t need a negative COVID test just show your card and ID, Lane 2 will be for people that needs to be tested on-site if they previously paid for their crew, co-driver or driver wristband the cost for testing is included with the wristban and we will have a full list with names; if you did not register previously you will have to pay 35 dlls for the test and results will be ready in max 30 min, after you test negative you will be banded and allowed inside to HPR, Lane 3 will be for returning traffic that already has their COVID wristband and wishes to re-enter HPR.

If the on-site test comes out positive you will not be allowed to register or enter HPR and will be receiving all medical information about COVID 19 and appointed to a Fever Clinic for a follow-up and then isolate, anyone testing positive will not be allowed in any stage of the event.
 
Top