• Forum membership has its advantages....

NORRA QUESTIONS ? Feel Free to Ask Here !!

Zambo

I could see if you’re single seat and not set up for it that it would suck, but actual navigating is fun.

CHINOLAS

Eliseo,
I have been trying to get crew wristbands but it is only giving me the option for the Cabo party. What am I doing wrong?
Only Driver of record may purchase crew wristbands, the way to do it is, login to your norra account as driver of record and choose the option BUILD YOUR TEAM, then write the NUMBER of crew wristbands you need and click ADD, then click on CHECKOUT then insert payment info and then SUBMIT YOUR ORDER.

Attachments

CHINOLAS

That was by far my favorite stage last year. Bummer.
You are one of the few that liked this challenge, I was even thinking of having one SHORT Super Special (Navigation Only) Stage every day to give it a little spice. Perhaps for this years Norra 500 we can have one each day and announce it with time to give the single seaters and moto riders enough time to prepare, Leadnav can be an option to read waypoints only without a trail, even last year the drivers and riders that attended the drivers meeting in La Paz pretty much went thru the Super Special radbook and used lat and long to find out waypoint locations and draw a line to have a route, it is very easy if you do your homework and that is the fun of it, having a little homework to do that will make you better than your competitors.

bhernquist

You are one of the few that liked this challenge, I was even thinking of having one SHORT Super Special (Navigation Only) Stage every day to give it a little spice. Perhaps for this years Norra 500 we can have one each day and announce it with time to give the single seaters and moto riders enough time to prepare, Leadnav can be an option to read waypoints only without a trail, even last year the drivers and riders that attended the drivers meeting in La Paz pretty much went thru the Super Special radbook and used lat and long to find out waypoint locations and draw a line to have a route, it is very easy if you do your homework and that is the fun of it, having a little homework to do that will make you better than your competitors.
We are bummed its not part this year too... It had the potential to be a real game changer at the end of the race ... You could have had a comfortable lead going into the "no GPS Stage" and lose the race if you didn't really know how the road books and navigation worked. Bring it back!!!!

Zambo

Yes I think one of the reasons I did like it is because it we actually did our homework and thought a lot about this stage before having to run it we were prepared and we did very well.

CHINOLAS

We are bummed its not part this year too... It had the potential to be a real game changer at the end of the race ... You could have had a comfortable lead going into the "no GPS Stage" and lose the race if you didn't really know how the road books and navigation worked. Bring it back!!!!
Exactly BILL; it takes away the advantage to the big engine fast guys that just know how to push the pedal to the metal!

Since I had so many guys coming to me in Cabo after finishing complaining about this and how they lost a position in single seaters I thought I was wrong and pushing you guys to a limit that was not correct for the Rally, I will definitely hear this and have it at the 500 back, too late for this Mex 1000 now.

D10R10717

We followed the easy ups and the spectators the last stage last year, and the ribbons, and the tire tracks. Only made one wrong turn, lol. It was fun but would suck to through away the entire race that was on the gps by getting lost on the last stage that was not. Id say the first day would be better to have a super special like that. Could really spread some people out.

Ajam1

No Super Special (Navigation Only Stage) This year, a lot of you guys did not like it, I wanted to give you guys a little challenge at the end last year and looks like that's not what you guys want.
I thought the Super Special was awesome last year! Separated the guys/gals that could actually nav from the guys/gals that just follow the blue line...

volks 73

Only Driver of record may purchase crew wristbands, the way to do it is, login to your norra account as driver of record and choose the option BUILD YOUR TEAM, then write the NUMBER of crew wristbands you need and click ADD, then click on CHECKOUT then insert payment info and then SUBMIT YOUR ORDER.
Thank you.

luvbaja2

I was not a fan of the Super Secret Section at the end. After spending four days and long nights (fixing ****) the last thing I wanted to do was tax my tired, old, worn out brain! If you have to have it (which I would vote no) then make it earlier in the race. I like the idea of a cruise to the end after all the effort to get there.

Zambo

Eliseo, the site says our tourist cards can be "processed" at registration. Does that mean if we show up with them printed out from online that someone will stamp them for us? Or can you do the whole process from start to finish there? Most of my team is flying home so pretty sure they need these.

CHINOLAS

Eliseo, the site says our tourist cards can be "processed" at registration. Does that mean if we show up with them printed out from online that someone will stamp them for us? Or can you do the whole process from start to finish there? Most of my team is flying home so pretty sure they need these.
Mexican Immigration has changed the rules since the new president came in, we are having trouble moving them from their office to registration, my suggestion for your team is to buy the mexican visas at border, go into declaration and park, then walk into immigration with your passport and pay it there, better than taking chances, we are shooting for them to be at registration but not confirmed yet.

Zambo

Mexican Immigration has changed the rules since the new president came in, we are having trouble moving them from their office to registration, my suggestion for your team is to buy the mexican visas at border, go into declaration and park, then walk into immigration with your passport and pay it there, better than taking chances, we are shooting for them to be at registration but not confirmed yet.
Thanks. Just to be clear, you can fill out the form online and pay the fee and print the whole thing out, which I’ve done already. I just don’t know if it needs to be stamped or if it’s okay as is.

TRAVISD

Thanks. Just to be clear, you can fill out the form online and pay the fee and print the whole thing out, which I’ve done already. I just don’t know if it needs to be stamped or if it’s okay as is.

Zambo, you need to get it stamped. you can do that at the boarder in TJ. Very easy takes 5 mins.

Zambo

LOL, nothing ever takes 5 minutes at the border. Heck last year we got there just after a giant group of tourist busses showed up and the line was off the Richter. And of course then they made us go through the xray. I'm just saying that if they could have someone there to stamp the thing it would be great since you can do everything else online.

bigjeep13

Zambo just make sure you have everything printed out including your receipt. I had to buy another visa at the border because they wouldn't take the confirmation email as proof of payment.

Zambo

Zambo just make sure you have everything printed out including your receipt. I had to buy another visa at the border because they wouldn't take the confirmation email as proof of payment.
Lol they don’t give you the link to print out your visa until you pay. I guess you could forge it.

43mod

no GPS makes bringing new codogs ,wives,sponsors etc to be part of this too much pressure and no fun.