• Forum membership has its advantages....

NORRA QUESTIONS ? Feel Free to Ask Here !!

trailready

ADVERTISER
Can we count on Pemex at San Juanico?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
We are a few weeks to the Happiest Race on Earth, please feel free to ask any info you might need here and I will happily answer.

Eliseo Garcia
Race Director
Eliseo, for previous races you had daily press releases coming out with updates about the race. We haven't received any this year. I know it's half way through the race already but do you know if there are any planned to be sent out? Or only one after the race this year?

CHINOLAS

Eliseo, for previous races you had daily press releases coming out with updates about the race. We haven't received any this year. I know it's half way through the race already but do you know if there are any planned to be sent out? Or only one after the race this year?
Curtis sorry for the delay in response, I thought Bink was going to do that, I don’t really know what happened.

Zambo

Good seeing you again Eliseo. Another great job by you guys.

I guess the interviews at the finish line and other stuff was live-streamed? Is there a way for us to go back and watch that stuff?

CHINOLAS

Good seeing you again Eliseo. Another great job by you guys.

I guess the interviews at the finish line and other stuff was live-streamed? Is there a way for us to go back and watch that stuff?
It was a real pleasure meeting all you cyber friends at the event, please follow this link to watch again the live coverage of the 2019 M1K.

Please send me your comments good and bad to make our next event NORRA 500 better:

NORRA: 2019 Yokohama NORRA Mexican 1000 live coverage

LantanaTX

Can you proved the address to send a Stella unit to? Thank you. Also congratulations on running a great race!

Fourstroker

Great job Eliseo and team. You ran a spectacular race

BajaJT

Totally have to agree with Fourstroker, it was very well ran, very fun,everybody very helpful, our team all made it home safe and I thought a very safe race!!

After running the 2019 1000 and the 500 we are hooked. Signed up for the 2020 1000. I would like to set up Stella tracking in my chase vehicle so the crew can watch the progress in real time. What would you recommend for equipment and needed internet. Do you think this is possible for a semi reasonable cost or am I dreaming? Thanks, Dick Rockrohr Artic Cat XX #228

CHINOLAS

After running the 2019 1000 and the 500 we are hooked. Signed up for the 2020 1000. I would like to set up Stella tracking in my chase vehicle so the crew can watch the progress in real time. What would you recommend for equipment and needed internet. Do you think this is possible for a semi reasonable cost or am I dreaming? Thanks, Dick Rockrohr Artic Cat XX #228
Dick, let's see if I understand what you want; you want to install a Stella Tracker in your chase vehicle so someone with internet can track both your chase and race vehicle at home ?

Or what you need is to be able to have your chase crew to track your race vehicle in areas where cell phone coverage is limited ?

If you want the first option Stella can install a tracker in your chase vehicle and charge a rental fee for it with a team web page for tracking both race and chase cars.

If you want the second option which is to be able to track your race car on the go without any cell phone or data coverage I believe the only real proven option is Racing Trax, you might want to contact David Clay at (801) 836 5198, I have used his service on the SCORE races and you combine your Smart Phone with his device and get text messages with RM location, and also if the car breaks down they can text you directly.

I want the chase vehicle to be able to have internet in areas with no cell coverage and be able to watch the Stella screen with all the cars moving around the course. Is there a reliable sat internet that will work most places and how much band width would I need to buy for the five days of the race? I have an inreach that can send sat text messages for the race car and all sweep.

Last edited:

CHINOLAS

I want the chase vehicle to be able to have internet in areas with no cell coverage and be able to watch the Stella screen with all the cars moving around the course. Is there a reliable sat internet that will work most places and how much band width would I need to buy for the five days of the race? I have an inreach that can send sat text messages for the race car and all sweep.
Got it, well for good or bad reasons there is no fully Mobile Device that will work for what you want, you can rent a BGAN or ISavi from the Satellite Phone Store but you will have to stop, point the unit to the Satellite and then go online to check status on your race car, so far under my knowledge, there is no mobile device that works as a hotspot and allows web browsing on the go.

Here is a link to the Satellite Phone Store Top 3 Satellite Internet Hotspots - 2020 Reviews & Comparison | Satellite Phone Store

Let me know if you find a real mobile solution because I need it too :)

Also as an option remember we have the Weatherman plane on the air basically all day at 151.625 but when it gets dark bye bye plane.

At last, we have been using an MSAT device on my race car at the SCORE races lately and that is so awesome, we always have cristal clear comms with the race cars and other chasers, you might also rent a similar system for race and chase from the Satellite Phone Store, they have a Push to Talk system that adapts to the race car and instead of checking Stella you can get realtime updates from your race car every time they call you.

Check out this video:

Last edited:

landshark

Just to chime in, realizing it won't be exactly what you want but if you have two Garmin InReach+, one in chase, one in race you can pair them with a phone, ipad etc and receive position updates via each other. I don't believe they will do automatic position updates from each other - however they can send positional updates to each other manually from anywhere. It sounds complicated but its not. Essentially you can text each other with automatic position info without having to type anything but hitting "send" on a contact in your phone.

They will also do automatic position updates every 10, 5 or 2 minutes however it sends them to garmin and you get a browser link to a map - not helpful if your in a chase truck in the middle of baja. I am trying to figure out how to send automatic position updates to another Garmin device....

Besides that - msat is really nice. But as mentioned, so is a helicopter.... and another race car, or say my entry fee and fuel costs and hotels, along with all the tacos you can dream of, with an open bar, and...