• Forum membership has its advantages....

NORRA QUESTIONS ? Feel Free to Ask Here !!

Zambo

GUYS we where planning on 65 miles for each splash pit on the stages that are longer than that but we can change it to 55 if that is what you need, Mag 7 has been very helpful and willing to do anything we need to make it work.

Teams carrying fuel will be disqualified from the race, we cannot allow this to happen for your own safety.

Currently I am in Loreto working on the course and I am including all Splash pits every 65 miles on the roadbook, and Mag 7 will have GPS locations to be exact where they need to be, if we are changing to 55 we have enough time to recalculate everything and add pits if we need to.

This year every Stock UTV team, Turbo and Non Turbo will have to register with Mag 7 and pay for the fuel they will need in each Splash pit, Fuel will be added 1 dollar per gallon to cover for fuel transport according to Mag 7 and NORRA will pay for the Full Service to Mag 7 a $ 250 dlls value that Stock UTV teams will not have to pay.

Please just let me know if 55 miles will be enough and I will make it happen.

A racer alert will be sent soon to all Stock UTV entries about this and I will personally call all of you guys to answer any questions you might have.
Awesome Eliseo, muchas gracias!

CHINOLAS

OK so all NORRA needs to do is to let STOCK UTV class run a larger tank. Right? Come on ,having to fuel up every 50 to 65 miles is just BS, its a 1300 race. I don't want to have to worries about my chase truck not making or the Mag 7 pit not being there. Its a simple fit, a SAFE fix , a bigger tank of fuel!!! Thats not going to make a stock UTV go any faster, just not run out of Gas.
Dan we will do what we need to do to keep the Stock UTV class stock, the idea of this class is to allow low budget teams to race without spending money on larger fuel cells, we are here to help and make it happen, just tell me what you guys need and will do, Mag 7 made a mistake last year by not installing pits on the right locations and this year they will have trackers, GPS units and MSAT radios to make sure they are where we need them to be, trust me I will personally make sure everything works fine.

Last edited:

yachtman

Thank you , we took care of it by putting a larger tank in the car, , just didn't want to take a chance. still a stock UTV but because we chose to go this way I understand we will be put into open UTV .it is what it is. Looking forward to seeing all and the great times we will all have.

I have a question: A really big, scary question. Is NORRA going to cancel the MK!? Sorry to bring it up. My team is in the midst of making personal decisions on going. Mark

CHINOLAS

I have a question: A really big, scary question. Is NORRA going to cancel the MK!? Sorry to bring it up. My team is in the midst of making personal decisions on going. Mark
Mark
Thanks for asking, no plans to cancel our event, we are working very hard to make this a safe event for all of us, we will do some changes on the way we usually do things to keep everyone safer, like tech, registration, drivers meeting, etc.
Our goal has been and always will be to have you guys to come down and enjoy the event, Fun is the keyword here so no one is more concerned than us on making this a safe and fun event, you can count on it my friend, we will never put anyone on risk.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Rally Director

Thank you Eliseo, I know NORRA will do what's best for the participants as well as the local people. Keeping us posted on things that will be changed will be good. Keeps the conversation going and helps prevent wild imaginations at bay!
Mark

cavebiker

Forsure, keep the conversation going. Good job on the NORRA Covid-19 Statement: No handshaking. No hugging. No kissing etc. This will be weird but change is good. We will all have to use our eyes more to express our deep appreciation and joy of each other and the event. Wow! We can deal.

BarnFab

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Rally Director
So whats happening with NORRA ???

We need to see some updates as a lot of people have outlayed a lot of $$$$ and we need to start mitigating what we can salvage or attend . I know a lot of people have been trying to get feedback and seeing other races postponed and nothing from NORRA is adding to the angst .

Can we please get some updates ??

You say changes what are they ?

I see teams being forced to pull out and am guessing NORRA is trying to hang on as they can't afford to CANCEL and give refunds etc as it would be a financial disaster

Ajam1

We need to see some updates as a lot of people have outlayed a lot of $$$$ and we need to start mitigating what we can salvage or attend . I know a lot of people have been trying to get feedback and seeing other races postponed and nothing from NORRA is adding to the angst .

I see teams being forced to pull out and am guessing NORRA is trying to hang on as they can't afford to CANCEL and give refunds etc as it would be a financial disaster
NORRA has given an update. As of right now, no plans to cancel. I certainly hope they do NOT. See link below.

Agua Dulce, CALIF. – In the latest hours after President Trump´s announcement on Europe travel restrictions, NORRA has been getting emails and calls from race teams concerned about the Covid-19 virus. NORRA is taking steps to deal with the situation, but we have no plans to cancel the Mexican 1000; other motorsports events have been postponing or canceling around the world, but they are events with thousands of spectators. That is not the case with NORRA.

NORRA Officials have been in close contact with governments, and Health Officials from Baja, and Baja Sur. As of today, no cases of Covid-19 virus have been confirmed on the Baja Peninsula.

We are being proactive, and will do a few changes in the way we do tech inspection, registration, and the drivers meeting to prevent contact between people as much as possible; no handshakes, no hugs etc. We will have hand sanitizer stations everywhere at the event, and we will do all the events in open air areas; hygiene is the keyword here.

Travel to Baja California is open, and most importantly, travel from Baja California to the USA has not been interrupted by land or air in either direction. Citizens have not been denied, in any form, entry to either country; Mexico or the US.

US citizens in Europe are exempt from the recent travel restrictions and have been directed to specific airports to be screened and tested as they come back to the United States, in the event of a border shut down while our event is in process we would assume the same directions will be followed for US citizens and residents to be allowed back to the US.

CDC and international health organizations around the world have been stating that people should not lose reason or fall into the panic that has been induced. Epidemic fears should not limit trade, travel, or people getting together in a way that will culminate in a global recession.

Feel free to come to the NORRA Mexican 1000 and have fun with us.

CHINOLAS

Thanks very much for your interest, as I said we haven´t changed anything on our schedule as of today as we stated on our release a few days ago we are not canceling our event, understand this situation changes every minute and Travel Restrictions, Borders, etc might be a game-changer in the next weeks, we must not fall into this hysteria and panic until we know for sure and understand what is going to happen, right now is a Go without changes hoping things will be better in the next weeks, I know some people will say things will get worst or some will say it´s panic and will get better but the reality is that NOBODY knows what will happen, patience is the keyword here, take care of your self and your family.

We will keep everyone posted, feel free to reach me anytime egarcia@norra.com

Or Call +52 646 137 1283

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Norra Rally Director

CHINOLAS

"NOBODY knows what will happen"?

Pretty sure medical professionals have projections/estimates that are backed up with data on what is going to happen.
Only GOD knows what will happen, my friend, science might have an idea or suggestion but there are a lot of variables when things depend on society, as a human being I hope this ends soon and I am doing my best to protect my family day by day, first things first. PATIENCE !

luvbaja2

I had to POSTPONE my event this weekend. The Hook and Ladder Enduro out of Calif City. A charity event for the LAFD Widows, Orphans, and Disabled Firefighters Fund. I was a hard decision but probably the best one in the end. Many folks are still going but there will be no organized event. It was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. We hope to pick it up in the fall so I can sell all my 2020 t-shirts and hats and still generate some money for the fund.

cavebiker

I had to POSTPONE my event this weekend. The Hook and Ladder Enduro out of Calif City. A charity event for the LAFD Widows, Orphans, and Disabled Firefighters Fund. I was a hard decision but probably the best one in the end. Many folks are still going but there will be no organized event. It was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. We hope to pick it up in the fall so I can sell all my 2020 t-shirts and hats and still generate some money for the fund.
Forsure, we will all have to deal. I love your words "Many folks are still going but there will be no organized event" In my home town the largest XC ski race in North America has been canceled a couple times due to lack of snow. There were always a few of us wackos that would still do-it with a backpack for running shoes or skis depending on conditions. Some of the best times ever. CHINOLAS is doing everything possible and I truly believe if it's doable, NORRA will find a way. Done. Otherwise do what you have to do. I know what I'm doing April-19 ;)

Besides that, stock up on essentials :cool:

Zambo

I'm not sure what the cancellation procedure is but I sent an email to NORRA last night regrettably withdrawing from the race. If I had spare millions it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm not in the position to spend thousands on prepping the car and other race logistics with no idea if the race is going to happen (very doubtful in my opinion with everything that is happening), and I can't wait two weeks to find out. My guys still have time at this point to rearrange their work schedules for April, there is still time to cancel most of my hotel rooms for free, and a host of other things requiring time and money that have suddenly evaporated. I'm not in any dire straights but neither am I in a position to commit free capital that who knows whether I'll need down the road.

Even more than my own team effort, I'm worried what this is going to do to NORRA because they are all great people and this is the ONLY race I do every year. I really hope that if this thing gets canceled that there is enough money still left over to keep the organization afloat so we can all get together next year and give thanks that this is all behind. If the race does go on this year and things are different in April, maybe I can come help as a volunteer or something.

Bro_Gill

"NOBODY knows what will happen"?

Pretty sure medical professionals have projections/estimates that are backed up with data on what is going to happen.
The problem with your trust in the 'data' is that it is based on a bunch of projections based on computer models, and, if they were all correct, they would all be exactly the same, but they aren't You know why? Because variables cannot be predicted. So they use a range, and you know who likes ranges? The Media, because they can pick the worst case possible scenario and run with it like it is the gospel. And they can never be told they were wrong about it. Kind of like how pinheaded pencil pushers that make predictions about just about anything never admit they are wrong, just say they are within the range, like when they predicted Hillary for president.

michael.gonzalez

Last edited:

BarnFab

Thanks very much for your interest, as I said we haven´t changed anything on our schedule as of today as we stated on our release a few days ago we are not canceling our event, understand this situation changes every minute and Travel Restrictions, Borders, etc might be a game-changer in the next weeks, we must not fall into this hysteria and panic until we know for sure and understand what is going to happen, right now is a Go without changes hoping things will be better in the next weeks, I know some people will say things will get worst or some will say it´s panic and will get better but the reality is that NOBODY knows what will happen, patience is the keyword here, take care of your self and your family.

We will keep everyone posted, feel free to reach me anytime egarcia@norra.com

Or Call +52 646 137 1283

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Norra Rally Director

Thanks for getting back to us with an update. I can appreciate at the moment you are moving in 100 different directions , what I suggest you do is take the 10 minutes it would take and actually update info on the actual website so people can see the position from the source and not have to bounce around on forums trying to find out WTF is going on.

Your last update is 12 March and a lot has happened since then. I would suggest you get your web guys to simply add a line each day that has the date and a simple no change at this time and then lots of people will stop asking.

God willing we will see you in 31 Days :)

BarnFab

DOH posted this in wrong forum it was suppose to be here

Damn .. so much craziness but I am thinking March 31st is going to be a huge day for NORRA if that is the last chance teams have to get a Full Credit . Are NORRA looking at extending this date by chance to allow teams to push the envelope to the edge ?

The other question is if NORRA Cancel or Move it what is the go with Refunds ? The Policy only seems to cover teams cancelling not NORRA cancelling ?

oneleglance

Everyone remember there is a NORRA 500 in October, even if the 1000 gets canceled maybe we can all plan to meet up there :)

My team is out so I put up a post about helping anyone else that needs 2 guys in a 4wd van to chase, or if not a team then I will just help NORRA itself.