NORRA VINTAGE BAJA 1000 Rally in Sept

burro8

Reaction
Is any one planning on competeing in the NORRA Baja 1000 Rally in Sept? I hope to take my old Les Choat Burro and or the original Tiny Thompson Burro to the event. Does any one know if there will be any kind of pit support?

Thanks
Steve

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
All...

My phone has been ringing for several weeks now regarding the upcoming NORRA Mexican 1000 rally in September. From what I can see, it's a really bitchen concept to bring the past alive via a fun, multi-day rally down the Baja penninsula. Event organizers have contacted me about helping them with promotion and rounding up cars, people and publicity etc, which is hard for me to turn down. lt will be kind of like 40 Years to Glory come to life, but in a way that will allow many people to enjoy and participate. More news will be coming shortly, but these guys have worked hard to get things in order for September's event.

Best,
Marty

Petepecas

Reaction
I wanna go, where can we look for info?

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
got a '75 Penton mint 400....

hickeyracing

Reaction
I plan on bringing my Vic Hickey built 1969 Chevy truck C-10 4X4 and my Hickey built James Garner driven 442, I will drive the 442 and the original driver of the 69 truck Cliff Coleman will drive the truck again

Attachments

B1rd

Reaction
Does anybody have any information on the SAAB 94's that were raced in the 69 race? I know they were flown back to Long Beach after the event.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
This will be an epic event. I wish I had an vintage race car.

CHINOLAS

Reaction
Hello Guys:

This GREAT event will be held from Ensenada to La Paz with 2 overnight stays at Bay of L.A. and Loreto, there will be 18 stages more or less in the course and will concist of 9 Short Pavement Liason Stages and other 9 Off Road Special Stages, all of them over the original Mexican 1000 Course and the most challenging parts of Baja.

One of the most important things about this REVIVAL of the Mexican 1000 is that it envolves the OLD and History and also promotes the NEW, there will be NEW Classes that involve ALTERNATIVE FUEL Technology applied to Off Road Racing, this new classes will bring a new challenge to all manufacturers to test and beat the Baja.

Vintage cars will be able to race like the old days in Baja, the 2009 MEXICAN 1000 RALLY REVIVAL will be FUN to start and a real CHALLENGE to Finish.

If you guys need anymore info on this feel free to ask here or email to egarcia@norra.com

GO TO: www.norra.com FOR MORE INFO TOO.

Regards
Eliseo E. Garcia

Mark Newhan

Reaction
What classifies a vehicle to be vintage? I have an interest but dont have a vintage vehicle. What if it was built in the same manner as a "vintage" vehicle, could it qualify? It does not seem like there would be many vehicle left from the old era to compete.

Reaction
Nothing tricker than 1975 will be boss, it'd be like uncool, man, you know, due? Rulebook's at the cite above.

toddz

Reaction
I'd be tempted to try and get our old Stroppe racing Bronco in shape for it this summer. A quick look at the rulebook though makes me think we'd have to make a lot of changes to the truck to have it meet tech.

Todd Z.

burro8

Reaction
Here are some pictures of the two Burros that I have and I hope to take to the NORRA event. The one picture is from the 1968 Baja 1000 that I own now that was Tiny Thompson's personnal Burro. It was driven in the 68 race by Chuck Andrade and Gary Weers. They finished 3rd in class that year. I beleive that they were 14th overall. The other Burro is a old Les Choat Burro.

Attachments

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Found the rule book. It seems like if a vehicle was built in the spirit of the era they would allow it. I send NORRA an e-mail last night.

flyingford

Reaction
I'd be tempted to try and get our old Stroppe racing Bronco in shape for it this summer. A quick look at the rulebook though makes me think we'd have to make a lot of changes to the truck to have it meet tech.

Todd Z.
Hey
Cool to see an old stroppe bronco still around. I am trying to get a vintage short course program together with Vorra in sacramento CA would love to have you out.
If we could get enough cars together we could shoot for the two races in october.
You would probably just have to meet basic saftey and we can create our own class if we have enough cars. Check out the website www.vorra.net
THanks

flyingford

Reaction
I plan on bringing my Vic Hickey built 1969 Chevy truck C-10 4X4 and my Hickey built James Garner driven 442, I will drive the 442 and the original driver of the 69 truck Cliff Coleman will drive the truck again
Hey
Trying to put together a vintage off class that would be racing the short courses at VORRA in sacramento. Its still in the planning stages but if we can get enough cars out we would love to get a class together and its a lot closer that taking them all the way to baja.
It would be a great way for people to see where the sport came from. My father said he will bring his 68 bronco out if we can get the class together. I would be aiming to put it together by the last two races in the month of october. I belive the dater are 9-10 october and 31-1 october/november. I would love to see the 442 go for a few laps even if every one dosent go ball to the walls it would be fun to see history on the track.
Let me know if you are interested