NORRS Announces Midwest Stops in 2009

handmethemic

For Immediate Release:

Riverside, CA (Aug 7, 2009), The National off Road Racing Series is proud to announce that it will be holding racing events in Wisconsin in 2009.

"We received many requests from drivers in the Mid-West who really wanted a NORRS event to arrive quicker than we originally planned. We have decided to meet their requests. We are finalizing plans to hold 2 events in the Mid-West. One of which will be tailored as an October festival that will send the mid west racing season off with a bang." said Russell Wayne, COO of VSS Entertainment (producers of NORRS).

We have plans to hold four rounds of racing. Rounds 1 & 2 will be September 26th, 27th, 2009 at a soon to be announced location. Rounds 3 & 4 will be October 10th, 11th 2009 in Weyauwega, WI. The racers entry fees will be lower than what is being charged by the current series in the Mid-West, thus offering more drivers the ability to race. At the same time, we will keep our payouts higher than the current standard. Sponsorships and vendor spaces are now available. We look forward to seeing local drivers and fans enjoy what is sure to be great off road racing.

For more information contact:

Russell Wayne
COO VSS ENTERTAINMENT
rwayne@norrs.com
951.354.7877 x103

dnf736

GRANT@FUNCO

I am not on that usually post anything negative ... because well ,whats the point

But daaaang these guys have some 'Sack" for sure

ryant35

They posted it on their site a few days ago, but didn't post here... I wonder why...

Slash01z

I know I will get crap for this but if this is true great job to them. Alot of sportsman guys are taking the year off due to the large cost to race. If norrs truly has cheap entry fee's and good payout they will be every sportsman guys favorite series. They might not race at top name tracks and probably get little to no tv but there are so many guys that I think would love to race but they just can't aford it. Weyauwega isnt a very large town and they really just have a normal covered grandstand probably holds 3 to 5 thousand with no true track but I think norrs is realizing that they can't start out hosting huge pro events but instead give some of the guys who started short course a cheap place to race.

So again everyone begin to say how dumb I am to actually say good job to norrs but I think they will get something started going this route instead of trying to compete with LOORRS and TORC with the pro's.

ryant35

I'm sure it's true, they did show they are actually putting work into these races, and whether or not the cancellation of the AV race is their fault or not, I can't imagine anyone packing up and heading out to another NORRS race.

3D of 3DCS

As a person who did everything I could to prove that NORRS was a hoax/joke/failure/etc... I can vouch for this as being legit. Hopefully there is enough support from the Midwest sportsman (which for some odd reason, I think there will be ;)) to get this thing going and for it to be successful. Time will tell for sure, but I expect good things.

Pro-Lite Brian

I'm sure it's true, they did show they are actually putting work into these races, and whether or not the cancellation of the AV race is their fault or not, I can't imagine anyone packing up and heading out to another NORRS race.
Well Ryan,

I was skeptical too... but now I'll pack up and head out to a NORRS event! Seeing that neither the LOORS or TORC brass seem to be able to make our class entry fee more affordable... The single biggest cost for us to run our "Lite" truck is the entry fee. Seems like a no brainer at this point. We'll support any series that makes an attempt at making racing more affordable for us. Sure, we'll still try to make some LOORS and TORC races, but there may be less money left in the pot after spending some of it on going to a NORRS event.

(This is all speculation at this point, since there aren't any race dates for the West-coast racers... at tracks that are raceable)

handmethemic

Right on, Brian. At this point NORRS is about finding their niche, not about taking over the off-road world. And the way things are going, if they can be affordable they'll do very well.

ProLite13

Well Ryan,

I was skeptical too... but now I'll pack up and head out to a NORRS event! Seeing that neither the LOORS or TORC brass seem to be able to make our class entry fee more affordable... The single biggest cost for us to run our "Lite" truck is the entry fee. Seems like a no brainer at this point. We'll support any series that makes an attempt at making racing more affordable for us. Sure, we'll still try to make some LOORS and TORC races, but there may be less money left in the pot after spending some of it on going to a NORRS event.

(This is all speculation at this point, since there aren't any race dates for the West-coast racers... at tracks that are raceable)
The best thing about Norrs is that they are open minded, they will find their niche for sure they just needed to keep researching to find it. This may be the time to do it I have heard of some great things in the works for the West Coast too. Time will tell hopefully something in the winter out here that would be awesome.

DP:cool:

todd5c

we were loading to leave for av when we got the word. had metzger driving for saturday too. we would give norrs another shot.

racefan2041

Lots of sportsman racers talking about this. If NORRS is an actual series this could do quite well. This could be the best move this series made so far. Everybody knows that the sportsman racers are not very happy with TORC right now. And if some series comes in and offers lower entry fees and higher payout I can assure you that most of them would race there.

Bucksey

Also as a guy that did everything to try and prove this series as a fake when it first burst on to the scene, I am all for this. NORRS at first seemed to me as nothing but a guy looking to make a quick buck and run. Now it seems like it may be the best thing to happen to sportsman this year. As stated in the post before mine, if some series can step up and offer benefits for the racers themselves with lower fees and higher payout it is nothing but a positive for them.

Even if for now they are running on a smaller track and without the big pro names, it still looks very promising. If anyone was at the TORC race at Oshkosh, the stands were absolutely packed and the racing was fantastic. Anything that can keep these sportsman drivers racing and the fans entertained is good with me.

Lets get excited ;)!