NORRS First Day Of Racing Results

philsmike

Reaction
the weather is a bit cool. Mid-Day Temps in the 40's windy, but Sunny. Great racer turnout for the kind of weather.

Stock Truck - Dorr
Super Truck - Baudoux
Super Buggy Schwaulbe
1600 Buggy - Steinhardt
Light Buggy - Stingle
Enduro Truck - Manske
Formula 4x4 - Milan _
Classix- Passa

Hope for warmer temps tomorrow. The best sighting at the track was Dan Vanden Heuvel operating the hose off the Weyauwega Fire Department truck when it cam time for watering. He also assisted in track prep between races as well. Great Job Dan!!

Here's a couple photos from early morning practice, and it was cold!!

Overall about 70 vehicles.

philsmike

Reaction
Just got up this morning and the temp outside is 29 deg. Its cold even for Wisconsin at this time of year.

Spectator turnout was about 400. Due a lot to the temperature. Saturday's high was 45 deg.

Coolest thing yesterday. The Weyauwega Fire Department volunteered their fire truck to water the course. They unloaded two truckload of water. The hose was manned by PRO racer - The Flying Dutchman, Dan Vanden Heuvel.

His quote of the day, "Man that hose can really kick your a--." Then a hour later he was back manning the hose and directing some of the course prep.

Hopefully the sun stays out and the wind is calm, but regardless great short course racing will wrap up in the Midwest later today.....Just in time to break out the snowmobiles.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Congrats on NORRS finally getting their first race in the books.Way to stick with it Aaron.

snakeyjake896

Reaction
Sorry to inform everyone but Aaron pulled a bonehead move and changed the payout at the last minute and is not paying back what he promised. So he will never do a race in the midwest again and I will make sure of that. I would highly advise everyone out there to stay away from NORRS as they are not very organized and dont do what they say they are going to do do. The midwest sportsman group did a wonderful job running this event by ourselves proving that we can be a stand alone group and dont need big promoters that just lie and break promises anyways. Other than that the event was great and a lot of fun was had.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Sorry to inform everyone but Aaron pulled a bonehead move and changed the payout at the last minute and is not paying back what he promised. So he will never do a race in the midwest again and I will make sure of that. I would highly advise everyone out there to stay away from NORRS as they are not very organized and dont do what they say they are going to do do. The midwest sportsman group did a wonderful job running this event by ourselves proving that we can be a stand alone group and dont need big promoters that just lie and break promises anyways. Other than that the event was great and a lot of fun was had.

WHAT????? are you %ucking kidding me???? maybe if most of the offroad community states what a bunch of flakes some organazation is........someone would say, hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, lets check these guys out BEFORE we buy into their bull#hit stories.......sorry , but it your guys own fault, you were WARNED..........

offroadracer

Reaction
Never know unless you try. I'd see it as more seat time more then anything.

Way to go Mitch!

philsmike

Reaction
Thanks for the update Jake on the payout. I left before the checks were passed out.
Regardless of the eventual payout. I think the Midwest Sportsman racers proved to themselves that they can put on a race on their own. Basically a ton of people stepped up to volunteer their time to make sure the actual racing came off without a hitch.

The only "hitch" was when the Heavy Metal Mechanics race a light pole was knocked down - unexpected cost.

The weather was a little warmer on Sunday. It was great to see so many people giving a hand to help make the weekend come off so well.........

Dan Van Heuvel manning the water hose on the fire truck. While Aaron was manning the scoring and Cheyne was announcing, Scott Rehn went from announcer to event organizer keeping the show running on schedule. The volunteers on the track so many if can't remember them all - the superfans - guys on the Dutchman's crew and everyone keeping an open mind that this event could be run and would be run.

I believe 68 drivers entered the weekend of racing, plus another 28 entered the end of the day mechanics race. Nearly 100 racers on weekend that didn't get above 45deg. AWESOME!!!!

Congrats to Rob Kinner for his first win in 1600 Buggy and Michael Baker as well in Super Truck.

the Waupaca County Fairgrounds is an excellent facility, hope there's more racing there in the future.

It showed how if the Midwest Sportsman racers stick together and work together the future of off-road racing in the Upper Midwest will continue for a long time.

Everyone was very upbeat when the racing ended, it's too bad what happened when it came time for the payout.

But you can expect Phil's Inc & Centric Parts to honor their contingency.

movindirt

Wham Spore
Reaction
Just got up this morning and the temp outside is 29 deg. Its cold even for Wisconsin at this time of year.

Spectator turnout was about 400. Due a lot to the temperature. Saturday's high was 45 deg.

Coolest thing yesterday. The Weyauwega Fire Department volunteered their fire truck to water the course. They unloaded two truckload of water. The hose was manned by PRO racer - The Flying Dutchman, Dan Vanden Heuvel.

His quote of the day, "Man that hose can really kick your a--." Then a hour later he was back manning the hose and directing some of the course prep.

Hopefully the sun stays out and the wind is calm, but regardless great short course racing will wrap up in the Midwest later today.....Just in time to break out the snowmobiles.

Guess w/ that turn out I won't see the money owed me from the never happened AV race.

Surprise, surprise! NORR's is nothing but false promises. Did I mention that I was NEVER paid for working the AV event as Aaron said he would.

Great to hear you guys were able to step up and pull off the event.

Is it not about time to post Aaron's pic so everyone can know who he is. At this point he needs to be banned from any and all off-road events!

Last edited:

ryant35

Reaction
WHAT????? are you %ucking kidding me???? maybe if most of the offroad community states what a bunch of flakes some organazation is........someone would say, hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, lets check these guys out BEFORE we buy into their bull#hit stories.......sorry , but it your guys own fault, you were WARNED..........

Well somebody has to fall for a scam to warn everybody else, there has got to be a few people who sent $15,000 to Nigeria expecting millions in return. Now we all know better... Although there was a lot of scam talk in the past few months...

snakeyjake896

Reaction
It sounds like he cut it from guaranteed payout to 100% entry fee payback based on car counts.:mad: