Norrs moves race to antelope valley fairgrounds

norrs

May 1, 2009 (San Diego, CA) - The National Off Road Racing Series announces the move of the May 23,24 race from the Pomona area to the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds.

"We moved the race due partly to other events during the same race weekend, that would be in close proximity to the race track. We decided to kick the series off with a Venue everyone knows and many loved to race on which is the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds." said Aaron Mortensen.

The track team which is made up of Pollock Equipment and Engineering surveyed the area today (Friday May 1st) and will be bringing equipment onsite over the weekend. Their going to start this next week (Tue or Wed ) on what we believe will be a great track to race on at a great facility as well.

The Antelope Valley Fairgrounds allows us more time to practice and race with less noise restrictions. Grandstands are already in place for the event.

Tickets are Onsale NOW for purchase online with the lowest cost per ticket online anywhere. Print at Home tickets allow you to get to the action the fastest by Skipping the Lines. goto www.norrs.com

We look forward to seeing everyone out there for exciting action packed racing May 23,24, 2009.

For more information go to norrs.com or call 760-746-2434 x101

WickedGravityVideo

This looks like the first in a falling house of cards ..... just last week, you guys were affirming that Pomona was on, and telling us about the horse track..bla bla bla. Now, Pomona is off. What next? race moved to a makeshift temporary last minute roundyround in Baker?

(i know, now I won't get a NORRS media pass for my smartazz comments.... oh well)

UTVUGRUSTY

I am going to wait to if they even have a race. It seems like something changes every week. I know some of the UTV racers are waiting to see how the first race goes.

North County
Off
Road
Race
Scam

dan200

#BSF200
(i know, now I won't get a NORRS media pass for my smartazz comments.... oh well)
you can film it over at my place doug, they just installed the track over here...;)

Attachments

Bucksey

This is sad, they were doing so well. Hope you can get a site set up without being forced to move again:(...
Did you really release this at 230 in the morning? Good dedication.
Good luck getting stuff together.

Bill

Carlos Danger
I`ll be flagging the MORE race on that weekend.Maybe I can see it Sunday.I`ll go by this week and see if there is any track building going on.

norrs

There were some things that adjusted what we were able to do if running in Pomona, such as the fact that Horse Racing was originally cancelled for the year, which allowed us to run in the Grandstand area. Well they got it back running again so we would move to the parking lot. They had other events in the parking lots or that used the parking lots that had pre-booked in areas that could be effected by our Parking as well as other logistics. We worked upto the last minute to mitigate them. However we did not want to sacrafice the racing experience for the drivers as well as the fans, so by moving the race just 45 minutes north, we keep the integrity of the track in place. Plus the entire track will be dirt, no asphalt to worry about. however racers will still enjoy all paved pit areas. We met with the Fairplex on Thur and we decided to make the decision on Friday for the move.

The track crew is already up there and working to have the track built almost a week before (May 15,16), also the overall costs will be lower for the teams as well. The parking is just 7.00 compared with 9.00/12.00/15.00 for the Fairplex. Also we are working to get corp rates for the local hotels that will be far less.

If you have any questions about the track/location change or anything else please feel free to ask. And no we are not going to cancel someone media credential because of the concerns now, rather we invite them that much more out to see the races, and see the the house of cards is rather a sound fortified structure, that is not going to crumble.

OutlawGrl

We should just give the Norrs crew a break! Everybody keeps bashing them, why don't we just stop the bashing till the first event goes on and see what happens. They haven't even had a chance to prove themselves yet.

JoeyD23

We should just give the Norrs crew a break! Everybody keeps bashing them, why don't we just stop the bashing till the first event goes on and see what happens. They haven't even had a chance to prove themselves yet.
agreed.......I dont see why so many off road/RDC people seem to hope for this series to be a failure. Grant it they have had a really shaky and somewhat suspect start but geez, arent we all off roaders? Shouldnt we be doing whatever we can to help and support it?

dan200

#BSF200
I tried to be nice to the guy. PMed him. His answers continued to be unapologetically deceptive. He picked and chose what to answer leaving many unanswered questions and had a smart asrse tone in his replies.

As an example....

I asked if he could specifically name anyone racing his series.

His reply was a UTV racer..

So I asked him if any trucks or buggy guys were entered.

his reply was "you asked for me to name someone so I did."

So I asked him to name more people, like someone anyone has heard of.

he never replied.

I make it to various off road races about 15 times a year. Living in AZ i have to go much further to see some action and/or work a pit for the desert teams I support. If this guy had been more respectful in his PR he could have generated a popular response to this start up series.

Instead he dodged simple questions and has been continuously evasive....If only on RDC, he sank his own ship...

You catch more flies with honey....

stevenelson202

Why is it that we as racers feel the need to tear down someone for trying to promote a race? So what Norrs had to mave their first race, is it the only series formed this year that has had to move a race? No. We didn't tear them down. I agree they are new, not to many people know who is really behind it. Believe me I can see where the skeptisim comes from and I have my own reservations about them. But from my contact via the web site they answered questions directly and did not dodge anything. My point is So Cal has been needing a short course series for a long time. I know I have waited for a series to run in that you did not need corporate money or be independently weathly to afford since PACE Offroad back in the late 90's. We went with nothing to having 4 or 5 series right here to run. Give them a chance and let's see what kind of show they can put on.

speedfun

I said this months ago this series is going to be the sleeper and turn out to be the best!
And I think they care about having the drivers happy did you see the pay backs?
It’s 95% and they have year end points championship money on top of that too
Maybe it's like some girl friends the worse you treat them the more they like you?
(ok girls pick up the rocks and start throwing)

But it hasn’t been fair to NORRS to ask them to produce documentation or prove anything we have never asked LOORS or TORC OR (RIP) CORR to show us anything
And by the way CORR still owes me $$$

I will say some of the people that have talked so much DOG DuDu and I won’t say Pistol Pete or anyone’s name for that fact OK!

But the fact is way too many of you are like sheep and just plan sorry dogs behinds:eek:!
After the first race is in the history books some Pete’ple should take a long time out to look at how they have acted and make some changes to help and not be destructive to our sport and new comers wanting the same things we do!
Let’s just say you the faithfully supportive loyal dedicated driver fan person---stayed home? Because your one of those people that was convinced because you herd?? this NORRS was a scam. RIGHT? and then Monday you read on RDC this weekends race was the best and this has the look of the MTEG written all over it:rolleyes: BUT you little lamb-chop sheep missed the first race? NORRS won’t have a make up first ever race? You missed it? It will be all because you be leaved from what some said?
let just say for instance??
A race was announced and you were fed up with the CORR people and now the entries are $2000 or $6000 like was rumored? all the prices have gone up! and they keep changing the rules ect ect ok
and some new series is announced called NORRS with CBS I would not hesitate for one second to pre enter and go race! and I would support this new series because the entry’s are affordable 95% all went for the purse.
The fans had a midway with car shows conserts and were fun for my friends and family and the tickets were cheep.
(This is a Dr. Phil moment)
I know everyone felt cheep and cheated this year after CORR dumped on us and we were hurt and empty like the IRS came and took all my race cars then my mother in law moved in with her cat!!! Everything sucked
Everyone was on the defensive! I was too! But I never hated the cab driver or the company for dropping of my 200lbs mother in law and the stupid cat.
Lets be real the only reason I had any thought this could have been a scam was from the BS haters and doubters ’heckling on this forum
I do think fitting that some Pete'ple should have to wear NORRS shirts every day and have NORRS decals real BIG on everything they race!!
Or better yet
The ones that beat the drum longest and the loudest – should all dress up like gossiping old southern women and bang a BIG bass drum for one hour at the closest Wall Mart promoting the weekends NORRS race!
Because it would be an absolute fact that if this house(RDC)was throwing rocks at them like they have done to the guys at NORRS every single one of them would have said screw them Im trying to help them and that’s how they welcome me?
Ya you’ all know that’s the truth?

And if NORRS doesn’t have a race I will go to a LOORS race dress up and bang a drum promoting the PDG & TORC series! lol

Last edited:

dan200

#BSF200
Speedfun, who is racing this series? This info would help.

I dont wanna bag on the NOrRS guy but jeez. Like I said in my earlier post, the "real info" is totally absent. Is this is gonna be a bunch of weekend racers and more of a "TUFF TRUCK" competition, or if it's Carl, Robby, FIG, Alan, JG, etc I dont care. I am happy either way. I/we just wanna know.

In a time when race teams are hesitant about jumping on board with start up race promoters one would think that the promoter would work better at providing the public solid information and be helpful and polite in responding to questions. Don't you agree? Because that has not been the case here...

BANNED4LIFE

I said this months ago this series is going to be the sleeper and turn out to be the best!
And I think they care about having the drivers happy did you see the pay backs?
It’s 95% and they have year end points championship money on top of that too
Maybe it's like some girl friends the worse you treat them the more they like you?
(ok girls pick up the rocks and start throwing)

But it hasn’t been fair to NORRS to ask them to produce documentation or prove anything we have never asked LOORS or TORC OR (RIP) CORR to show us anything
And by the way CORR still owes me $$$

I will say some of the people that have talked so much DOG DuDu and I won’t say Pistol Pete or anyone’s name for that fact OK!

But the fact is way too many of you are like sheep and just plan sorry dogs behinds:eek:!
After the first race is in the history books some Pete’ple should take a long time out to look at how they have acted and make some changes to help and not be destructive to our sport and new comers wanting the same things we do!
Let’s just say you the faithfully supportive loyal dedicated driver fan person---stayed home? Because your one of those people that was convinced because you herd?? this NORRS was a scam. RIGHT? and then Monday you read on RDC this weekends race was the best and this has the look of the MTEG written all over it:rolleyes: BUT you little lamb-chop sheep missed the first race? NORRS won’t have a make up first ever race? You missed it? It will be all because you be leaved from what some said?
let just say for instance??
A race was announced and you were fed up with the CORR people and now the entries are $2000 or $6000 like was rumored? all the prices have gone up! and they keep changing the rules ect ect ok
and some new series is announced called NORRS with CBS I would not hesitate for one second to pre enter and go race! and I would support this new series because the entry’s are affordable 95% all went for the purse.
The fans had a midway with car shows conserts and were fun for my friends and family and the tickets were cheep.
(This is a Dr. Phil moment)
I know everyone felt cheep and cheated this year after CORR dumped on us and we were hurt and empty like the IRS came and took all my race cars then my mother in law moved in with her cat!!! Everything sucked
Everyone was on the defensive! I was too! But I never hated the cab driver or the company for dropping of my 200lbs mother in law and the stupid cat.
Lets be real the only reason I had any thought this could have been a scam was from the BS haters and doubters ’heckling on this forum
I do think fitting that some Pete'ple should have to wear NORRS shirts every day and have NORRS decals real BIG on everything they race!!
Or better yet
The ones that beat the drum longest and the loudest – should all dress up like gossiping old southern women and bang a BIG bass drum for one hour at the closest Wall Mart promoting the weekends NORRS race!
Because it would be an absolute fact that if this house(RDC)was throwing rocks at them like they have done to the guys at NORRS every single one of them would have said screw them Im trying to help them and that’s how they welcome me?
Ya you’ all know that’s the truth?

And if NORRS doesn’t have a race I will go to a LOORS race dress up and bang a drum promoting the PDG & TORC series! lol
VERY WELL PUT RICK................I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER, NO ONE COULD of...................good luck at the race and i will be picking you to win all classes in my fantasy offroad racing selections..........................

speedfun

I think if Scott has come on board with NORRS its going to be one great racing series.
All the guy does is think off road racing He has had dirt in his Heart & Head he snorts dirt for that fact has dirt shakes heck I drove with him one time and he got this stupid look on his face and swerved over to a open field? He was the guy on the road promoting CORR every day all the racers trust him he is like Gandhi for off road racing for Christ sake?
I will bet Scott's reputation that this is going to be bigger and better than CORR Scott has always been a man of his word. I have known Scott from 1994 and I have never known him to settle or not improve himself in life.
I have been thinking? the People at NORRS have not showed us there cards because of the other 2 series fighting for tracks and and and that was smart on there part? And after all the Detective Clumbo’s on this site what would you do?
I have worked with and for the Pollack’s you know the guys that did ALL of the grading for the CORR tracks from day one? There already making the track.
We are all going to be pleasantly surprised how great this is going to turn out!
I think they are crazy like a fox ?
You know like a chic at the booby joint that act’s stupid but the chick has one more week till she graduates from USC in LAW

speedfun

Pete you’re my biggest fan and to show my thanks I am sending you and a date tickets to see Don Rickels in Los Vegas just so you can sharpen your skills from the master heckler. YOUDAMAN:D