NORRS television information

Scott Rehn

Reaction
NORRS – National Off Road Racing Series

May 5, 2009 For Immediate Release:

The staff of the NORRS series is proud and pleased to offer the best TV package available in short course racing. With CBS and the “proven” 30 best markets in the US as well as TELEVISA in Mexico and southern California, NORRS racers are poised for national and international exposure like never before. 10 hours of CBS & another 28 hours on local cable affiliates nationwide will bring off road racing to the true off road fans that want to watch what used to be called “the best kept secret in motorsports.” What NORRS was able to do was to seek out the top 30 markets in rated viewership in the country from the past 2 years and buy air time from their local stations. There will also be the typical “re-airs” on the local cable networks in those markets in different time slots throughout the season.

The major television markets are:

Los Angeles, CA San Diego, CA
Riverside, CA Inland Empire, CA
Salt Lake City, UT Arizona – entire state
Dallas, TX Milwaukee, WI
Green Bay, WI Tomahawk, WI
La Crosse, WI Wausau, WI
Kenosha, WI Madison, WI
Atlanta, GA Charlotte, NC
Miami, FL Jacksonville, FL
Seattle, WA Spokane, WA
Las Vegas, NV Chicago, IL
4 markets in Idaho El Centro, CA/Yuma, AZ

The first 1 hour long NORRS race to be aired on CBS is scheduled for June 6th. Check your local listings for exact time.

Scott Rehn

Reaction
The classes to get the most airtime have not been confirmed yet. ALL classes though will make it on the big screen,,,,, the production team is about to be announced and they are extremely excited to the endless possibilities and "no-limits" that they are being given to put out the best show possible.

Slash01z

Reaction
I like to see that wausau WI made the list. Must have been me watching the Borgwarner shootout and all the other shows over and over!!! from last years wsorr.

Blaine

Scott Rehn

Reaction
We have an incomplete list of who is coming as of right now. There is a LOT going on in the short course off road world and there are a LOT of drivers still deciding where they want to race. I will "try" to get an accurate list of drivers that pre-registered out next week. My apologies for not being able to answer your question more specifically, but thats the best I can do for right now.
NORRS would also like to congratulate the LUCAS OIL series in their success over the first 2 weekends of racing and also would like to wish the TORC series the best of luck next week in Dallas. Last year at this time there was only one series bringing it to the fans. Now there is three. I think that eventually when all this dust beginns to clear after the 2009 season, we can all look back and say that the real winners were the fans!

CMI CHUCK

Reaction
I'll tell you what, If the TORC people don't firm up a TV contract here real quick the NORRS series with their TV package is probably going to have a bunch of teams running! I'm guessing the PDG is a little edgy right now with less than a week to go before the season opener! Unless I have missed something, I have not seen a press release for TORC TV.

eric2448

Reaction
I'll tell you what, If the TORC people don't firm up a TV contract here real quick the NORRS series with their TV package is probably going to have a bunch of teams running! I'm guessing the PDG is a little edgy right now with less than a week to go before the season opener! Unless I have missed something, I have not seen a press release for TORC TV.
Looks like TORC is turning out to be more like CORR... 8 days til race 1 and still no TV announced... I thought TORC was supposed to be change and LOORRS more of the same (i.e. CORR)... :confused::eek::rolleyes::D:p

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Reaction
TV Package was announced 40 minutes ago... ABC and ESPN with confirmed airdates.