--North American T.T.--

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Here's the latest shots of an ongoing build at Tony Vanillo's shop. Geometry is identical to the #71 Trophy Truck of Rick Johnson, which Tony also built. Basically revision 2 of a winning design.

Attachments

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
more...

Attachments

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
For those unaware, this truck uses a rear arm to locate the axle thru a link rod with the shock directly on the arm..

Attachments

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
some more...

Attachments

zjohnson

Reaction
Awesome . . . wow!

Last edited:

BajaFand

Reaction
Love this truck Craig, thank you. Is all the tube work done by hand or was it laser cut? Is all of the plate laser cut?

titan

Reaction
Now that is finally a chassis worth looking at. Best use of a Y design I have seen. How does the load change on the rear as it cycles through the suspension?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Thanks for posting the photos. The rear suspension concept looks similar to the old MacPherson "Big Mac" TT.

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
All plate work was lasered, and alot of the tube as well. Floor "Y" is tapered in height front to rear and uses tubing that sort of spirals thru it for support, but with the breaks in the top cap it was pretty rigid without.

Truck will only be a roller..

freddy

Reaction
It's nice to see some different approaches on TT chassis design. #71 is one of my favorite trucks. Thanks for posting the pictures.

baja41000

Reaction
Very nice work! Why did you guys decide to weld bungs in the chassis for the upper arm pivots and not use the billet uniball piece like in Rick Johnson's truck? Also how much does Ricks truck weigh?

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
For those unaware, this truck uses a rear arm to locate the axle thru a link rod with the shock directly on the arm..
reminds me of the rear suspension on the Brian Kadella(sp?) designed trucks for Baldwin in the 90's... looks pretty awesome to me...
there are so many TT's out there now that there aren't enough single and double digit TT #'s to go around!!! that's awesome when u think about how well this sport is growing everyday

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
reminds me of the rear suspension on the Brian Kadella(sp?) designed trucks for Baldwin in the 90's... looks pretty awesome to me...
there are so many TT's out there now that there aren't enough single and double digit TT #'s to go around!!! that's awesome when u think about how well this sport is growing everyday
Tony built the Baldwin trucks back then. This design (& #71) are based off of those trucks.

Heims were used on the UCA for adjustability..

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Tony built the Baldwin trucks back then. This design (& #71) are based off of those trucks.

Heims were used on the UCA for adjustability..
aw... okay i thought brian kadella designed and built those trucks...

did Tony Vanillo and Brian work on them together???

awesome well proven design over the years

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Brian's design, Tony & i believe his brother & Many others built the 3 trucks

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Brian's design, Tony & i believe his brother & Many others built the 3 trucks
alright now it makes since... thanks for clearing that up Craig...

oh yeah good job at Ridgecrest this weekend! sometimes rocks just jump out at you and get ya... way to bring it to the driver change it great condition and contributing to the win in class 3000