NORTH COUNTY SPRING becomes main sponsor for San Diego Tough Trucks

ElkinsRacing

Reaction
It was annouced yesterday that North County Spring has become the main sponsor for WGAS MOTORSPORTS San Diego Tough Truck event on June 30th and the Buggy Class on Junly 1st. North County Spring will be adding to the purse for the top three finishers in all classes.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
This is one of the best events every year. If you live anywhere near Del Mar you NEED to goto this. There is about 40 prerunner trucks each year and its awesome!!!

ElkinsRacing

Reaction
Our plan might change from adding to the purse of the top three finishers, To setting the PAYOUT to the top 3 finishers if they HAVE OUR STICKER on their race truck. We are still undecided on the layout, we will have free product to offer too.

EdgeHost

The Voice
Reaction
TOTALLY OFF ROAD RADIO will be there once again, Might even race the TORR bug on buggy day!!!

baja619

Reaction
We will see how are TTs look after the Baja. If they are running then they will be shooting for a top time in the Open class.

baja619

Reaction
Hmm that is bogus. Any particular reason why?

ElkinsRacing

Reaction
I heard it is because George takes 1st every year. I am a personal friend of George so I will call him and see whats going on. I was told that George will only be an intermission thing. As far as I am concerned, in an " open class " you race what you bring. If people are upset, then setup with a real race truck. I am actually talking to John, the promoter, today AGAIN and I will get the FACTS, Not Here say.

dansparts

Reaction
I heard it is because George takes 1st every year. I am a personal friend of George so I will call him and see whats going on. I was told that George will only be an intermission thing. As far as I am concerned, in an " open class " you race what you bring. If people are upset, then setup with a real race truck. I am actually talking to John, the promoter, today AGAIN and I will get the FACTS, Not Here say.
Will they put the track in the same place as last year? They closed that arena up and it more like a building now then an open arena. It's got walls at both ends now.

JoeyD23

Reaction
this event is awesome!! My little brother was out there last year beating his yota up!! Cant wait to watch again....here are some pics I took last year......

My Brother!! haha Hopefully he will have all 4 cylinders working this time? Oh wait he dropped in a 6 now! haha

Love the FIberwerx!!

ElkinsRacing

Reaction
UPDATE: Talked to John, the promoter and owner of WGAS MOTORSPORTS earlier today. TT's, Pro 4s, Pro 2s, etc. are all welcome in the OPEN CLASS. I got contacted by George Reiss. He stated that he will be there to run !

ElkinsRacing

Reaction
I went to the fairgrounds today to check out the newly changed arena. Wow! This event this year is going to rock. More people can watch without the sun in their eyes cause it is all roofed in. BETTER ARENA & BIGGER PAYOUT......who's going?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I went to the fairgrounds today to check out the newly changed arena. Wow! This event this year is going to rock. More people can watch without the sun in their eyes cause it is all roofed in. BETTER ARENA & BIGGER PAYOUT......who's going?
Can you still drop in from the middle where they used to have the big jump after you drop in. Or is the middle closed off now and only the sides open?

ElkinsRacing

Reaction
YEAH! The middle is still has an open section where we have always dropped in, BUT there are some stairs there now. That doesn't really matter cause you can cover it with dirt. Not sure what John wants to do, But if everyone wants that same set up, I got a lot of swing in this thing so I can see what I can do.

ProLite13

Reaction
Last edited: