• Forum membership has its advantages....

Northeast Off Road Racing Schedule

hbracerx

It's not Lucas or Torc but it's still a lot of fun. I've put together a list of some of the short course racing here in the northeast. All of the tracks race buggies and quads. Most run trucks, some run pilots, etc as well. Thanks to the owners/organizers, we've managed to set up a small points series at 2 tracks near Pittsburgh this year. It was very nice to sit down with them and unify the buggy classes at the tracks so more people can race at both tracks. Many of the tracks are far enough north for our Canadian friends to come and play as well.

It's tons-o-fun grass roots racing. I'd encourage anyone withing driving distance to check it out. Good cheap fun for the family. Bring your car/truck and join us on the track.
I'll do my best to answer any questions anyone may have.

Tom

2010 buggy schedule PA/OH/Mass

April -25th Southwick

May
-1st Rolling Ranch
-15th 250 Speedway
-16th Southwick
-22nd Rolling Ranch**
-22nd Lee Lucas Fun Run- 1 on 1 short course
-23rd Lee Lucas Fun Run- 1 on 1 short course

June
-5th-Rolling Ranch
-5th Big Als
-6th Big als
-12th 250 Speedway
-12 Line mtn 3.5 Miler
-13th Line Mtn short course/drags
-26th Smithton Hole 4 PM**

July
-10th 250 Speedway
-17th Coal Bucket
-18th Coal Bucket short course
-24th Smithton Hole 4 PM
-30th Big Al’s (also aug 1)

August
-1st Big Als
-7th Smithton Hole 4 PM**
-14th 250 Speeday
-11th Rolling Ranch
-28th Big Als
-29th Big Als

September
-4th Smithton Hole 4 PM
-11th 250 Speedway
- 18th Line Mtn 7 Miler
- 19th Line Mtn Short Course
-19th Southwick

October
-2nd Rolling Ranch**
-9th 250 Speedway
-23rd Rolling Ranch
-23rd Southwick
-23rd Big Als
-24th Big Als

**points race

Web sites:

Line Mtn, Lee Lucas and Big Al’s - www.lm4w.org/

Smithton - www.smithtonraceway.com

Rolling Ranch - www.noora.freewebtools.com/

250 Speedway - www.250speedway.com/

Southwick - www.cc4w.org

Last edited:

hbracerx

A couple corrections.

The Rolling Ranch race isn't Aug 11 it is Sept 11.
The Southwick race is Oct 24th, not the 23rd.

Sorry for any confusion. I couldn't find an edit button to fix it directly.

NissanTiger

Hey don't forget EC4WDA, we've been racing offroad in northeast for over 35 years.

www.ec4wda.org

Region B is the same region that Big Als, Lee Lucas and Line Mountain races are in, as a matter of fact they're all within a half hour of each other...

Region B's website is being revamped... So it may not be working. www.ec4wdaregionb.org

Or check on A&R Motorsports www.aandrmotorsports.com/bb

Region B's racing schedule (have to be a EC4WDA member to race sanctioned races)
http://www.aandrmotorsports.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=673

NissanTiger

Oh, and there's SCORR

www.scorrtrucks.com

2010 race dates:(at Eagle Speedway unless noted)
May 1st, June 12th, June 27th (Pittston, PA, on points), July 24th, August 6th (Cat. County Fair), August 28th, September 4th (Cornfield 500), September 25th, October 9th. All Eagle Speedway races start at 2:00pm sharp.

TTR

NissanTiger

hbracerx

Thanks for posting the additions. I race buggies so I'm not familiar with all of the EC4WDA races.
Do you do wheel to wheel anywhere outside of Al's?
Any buggy classes outside of Al's, Line mtn.
I was glad to see Lee Lucas has added a buggy class for the fun run this year. I'll definitely be at Rolling Ranch Saturday but I'm hoping to make it to Lee's on Sunday with the old car.

Tom

studebaker

here's the ontario , canada schedule

Official 2010 Race Schedule

Race Dates:

June 5, 6, 2010 North Augusta, Ontario
July 17, 18, 2010 Baltimore, Ontario
July 24, 25, 2010 North Augusta, Ontario
TENTATIVE (Date to Follow): Baltimore, Ontario
September 25, 26, 2010 North Augusta, Ontario

the north augusta tracks near brockville and not far from the border crossings on the east end of lake ont.
http://www.wheelsachurnin.com/
i'll see if i can find the class 10 series schedule from quebec

hbracerx

I've been wanting to get up but I'm not sure how to fit it in. It looks like a fun track. Part of it will depend on finances as well. As always, time/money...never enough of either. The Sunday racing makes it tough as well. Driving all the way back, unloading/washing the car and getting ready for work Monday can be tough.

Tom

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
It's a good track. It's the same track the AMA uses for their motocross national, so it's a bit narrow and tough to pass. Getting the holeshot on the landrush goes a long way toward winning. If you're fast you can likely pass one or two before the race is over (unless you're in a heat with the slowpokes). More than that and you should just think podium. The individual races are short, but they run a lot of them. Most races are 4 laps or so with an enduro at the end of the day which is either six or eight. This is mostly because many of the drivers don't seem to invest much time or thought in how to keep the trucks cool. Before the day's done they always lose four or so to overheating. Double that when the weather's warm. Truck field is usually decent, 16+ entries, mostly Jeeps. The last time I went (end of April '09), the buggy count was down to three, one of which was a super. Here's some photos so you can get an idea what most guys are runnin. I'll be bringing the scouts to either the April or May race.

hbracerx

I've heard about the lack of passing room. Playing follow the leader can get frustrating. As a spectator the overheating issue is a major downer as well. It looks like a pretty cool track otherwise though. Maybe someday.....

Tom

Masek Racing

I've heard about the lack of passing room. Playing follow the leader can get frustrating. As a spectator the overheating issue is a major downer as well. It looks like a pretty cool track otherwise though. Maybe someday.....

Tom
Hey Tom,

Get the holeshot and never look back. That car will keep you out front.
Good luck where ever you race.
Keep all of us in the loop so we can support the northest!!!!!!!!!!!

Masek Racing

Sorry, NORTHEAST

jbturbo

I'm racing Line Mt in my jeep in the 6cyl class. I am told the course is tough so I hope to simply finish the first race. If anyone is close to Rausch creek offroad park off of exit 104 81 north there are some good races to watch or compete in if you have 4wd. May 7th is a King of the hammers qualifier with west coast guys driving out to race. There is a rock racing series starting in July that is pretty wild.

Jake

spalind

I'm racing Line Mt in my jeep in the 6cyl class. I am told the course is tough so I hope to simply finish the first race. If anyone is close to Rausch creek offroad park off of exit 104 81 north there are some good races to watch or compete in if you have 4wd. May 7th is a King of the hammers qualifier with west coast guys driving out to race. There is a rock racing series starting in July that is pretty wild.

Jake
I was there last year covering the Line Mt. race...Never seen a tougher (non-rock crawling) course...Even if you finish (most don't) your vehicle will guaranteed to be in numerous pieces by the end...Its not like a wide open desert or short course race...its literally between, through, over, under (but mosly through) the trees...

hbracerx

Yea, Line Mtn is tough on equipment. I've never run it myself. I'd probably kill the car by the 3rd turn....LOL. A bunch of my friends have been running it since they were kids and even they bring their cars home broken pretty often. It's a lot of fun to watch though.

I've heard Raush Creek was doing more races now. I haven't been there yet. I didn't know they were doing much until recently.

I've got some work to do on the car before I can go chasing holeshots. Haven't even driven it yet:mad:
I don't think I'll every buy anything from Tilton ever again. Not a very helpful crew when you consider how much they charge for their parts. I hope I can get it together before the end of the month....

Tom

hbracerx

Just a reminder, the first race at Rolling Ranch north of Pittsburgh is this Saturday. It's just off Rt 80. I'm still putting the finishing touches on the new buggy and trailer but I should make it for Saturday morning. It's lots of fun and a cheap day of entertainment for racing fans.

Tom

hbracerx

Re: Northeast Off Road Racing Schedule-Smithton canceled!

Major bad news. Smithton has been canceled for the season (at least). They're having some personal/financial issues per the web site. If things work out they plan on returning to racing, derbies, etc but not likely before next year from what I've been told. There is a brief notice in the individual forums on the site but nothing on the main page. PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE BEEN PLANNING ON ATTENDING.

It looks like I'll be trying to make a couple of the 250 races instead.

Tom