• Forum membership has its advantages....

Northern & Eastern Colorado Desert Plan

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Everyone needs to get involved!!!

Here is the link to the "Draft Northern and Eastern Colorado Desert Coordinated Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement" : http://www.ca.blm.gov/cdd/draft_neco_plan_eis.html . These plans are in the draft stage and are open for public comment. So please read it or at least as much as you can. And send comments in!!! You have been given a chance to speak out and let the powers that be know how you feel. Don't let this opportunity pass!

These plans will set the stage for future plans in other regions. So we must make sure they get them right now. Please make constructive comments and refrain from bashing the plans. We must show that we are responsible recreationalist, not a group of hell bent punks..

If you think you can't get involved then you just better pick another hobby. They will and are taking our public lands away! Off-road racers have to be one of the toughest groups of people around. It is time to fight.

And everyone in the Off-road community needs to thank Paige Donahoe for all she has done and is continuing to do! You can't believe the amount of time and effort she has put in for us. Paige you rock!!!

Tony

Paige

Tony,

Thanks
, thank you tony for driving 2+ hours in the rain to attend the meeting

Like you said Tony, It is an important fight and people are soooo dang busy with work and race teams its hard to find the time, but we must become activists and do what we can or we might just have plenty of time at some point - more than any of us want

Tony ~ I couldn't find the address for the WEMO plan - that is the West Mojave Plan that affects Stoddard et.al. - can you locate it?

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

StandOnTheGas

Thanks to all who are fighting the land use issues. Paige, Tony, when I get one of those emails that says go here and vote or click here and send an email it works good for me. As you said Paige, we are all time challanged. When you make it easy for us to get involved I am certain you will see more people getting involved and helping. I think it would be a good idea to publish a list of "thinge to do" like join the Blue Ribbion Coalition, etc. How about it Paige? Write up a "must do" list that EVERY off-roader should do to keep the lands open. Then, we can hammer everyone to do it and shame those who haven't into getting it done. I really think this is something we off-roaders think is being handled by others. We are the ones that need to get on it. The problem is: what should we be doing? Not many people will/can/do take the time to attend the land use meetings. However, there are things that EVERY off-roader should do that do not involve a day of meetings. So Paigey, what'da ya got for us?

Bruce

Paige

As always Bruce you are full of good ideas ~ I will try and put something together like that.

I saw Tony today and we talked a little about an action plan, I'm sure there are a few others who can also provide ideas ~

Eric and Klaus are working on the web-site which will provide an outlet for a lot of "to-do's" But in the mean time I will see about getting some type of list done.

Thanks Brainfield

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Just thought I would put a reminder post here to push this back to the top. People check the NECO plan out! It is currently open for public comment. If you have any questions please post them here and we will try to answer you. Here is the link to the plan:

http://www.ca.blm.gov/cdd/draft_neco_plan_eis.html

You have been given a chance to speak out. Don't sit around and do nothing!!! Or else all you will have left to do with your toys is stack them in the front yard and call it art!

Tony