Nov 14th Annual Barstow clean-up

Clean-Dezert.org

Reaction
awesome thanks guys. Anyone interested in going has until Nov 1st to sign up on our website for the free event shirt. If you dont sign up i cant guarantee a shirt. Right now we have 200 people signed up. We were going to cap it at 250, but i know we can afford atleast 300. so lets do this.

DWphoto

Reaction
Look forward to finding another car!

only1mikey

Reaction
I am really surprised too. I thought there would be a ton more. After seeing the people come up to the Clean-Dezert booth at the expo, the majority seemed to be older guys who have watched this place get trashed and want to help.

Whats sad is how much fun this even is and people still don't want to come to it.

So let me see we have:

1. Doing the right thing in the desert and helping to keep it open
2. Thousands worth of free prizes
3. Lots other people just like you
4. Short amount of time picking up trash
5. Free Food
6. Free shirts
7. Always nice people willing to give rides in their toys / race vehicles
8. Another fun weekend in the desert
9. Most likely a live band
10. Participating in the rush to find something cool out there like a car or a toilet.

There is 10 reasons right there!

Those are 10 epic reasons right there.

Mike

G.A.S.

Reaction
Wow, nobody cares huh? I'll be there fur sure dude.

FCORR

Reaction
Look forward to finding another car!

Epic find Elliot...who's going to find a car this year? I'm going scouting on Friday night...we'll find some good stuff!

only1mikey

Reaction
Epic find Elliot...who's going to find a car this year? I'm going scouting on Friday night...we'll find some good stuff!

We tried that last year in the Camper Shell. Went all the way to the College Hills on course and didn't find anything. :( Oh well we still have our secret spot ;)

Mike

Perkio

Reaction
Will you share your secrets? I may be working the dumpsters/tickets, but if not, I'll be hitting the dirt.

FCORR

Reaction
We tried that last year in the Camper Shell. Went all the way to the College Hills on course and didn't find anything. :( Oh well we still have our secret spot ;)

Mike

2 years ago we found a trailer off Hodge Road and started to drag it back to the College Hills, it slowly fell apart, as a piece would fall off we picked it up and threw it in the back of one of the 5 pickups that was with us...by the time we made it back to the College Hills there was no trailer left to be drug, and all 5 trucks had remnants of the trailer stacked well above the top of the cab...jajaja

04yfzkid

Reaction

Damn you guys prerunning to find trash. Well now that I have a capable truck I might too.

By the way I drove this last year and filled the bed to the top, so don't tell me, "My stock 2wd truck wont make it," because I know first hand it will!

maxyedor

Reaction
It helps to know the area and focus your pre-run on where you know there will virgin be trash if what you're after is the coolest trash out there. If any old trash will do, College hills is the best spot, shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to load a bed-full of washing machines. Friday, I want to pre-cruise through the secret spots and see what sort of epicness is still out there, I think we got most of if last year, and I don't know how long it takes for a lawnmower, stove, Mustang II, and basketball hoop to regrow, but it is Barstow, so who knows.

Clean-Dezert.org

Reaction
Good luck with this Clean up, wish I could make it.

I will support by buying a t-shirt.

awesome thank you.

and you guys crack me up who are going prerunning for a clean-up. I will say though that this clean-up will be fun just like years past. You guys really make the best out of what most people think might be hard work. But where else do you go to the desert and usually come home with more truck parts then you left with.

FCORR

Reaction
It helps to know the area and focus your pre-run on where you know there will virgin be trash if what you're after is the coolest trash out there. If any old trash will do, College hills is the best spot, shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to load a bed-full of washing machines. Friday, I want to pre-cruise through the secret spots and see what sort of epicness is still out there, I think we got most of if last year, and I don't know how long it takes for a lawnmower, stove, Mustang II, and basketball hoop to regrow, but it is Barstow, so who knows.

jajaja

and you guys crack me up who are going prerunning for a clean-up. I.

It's an art...don't question us....lol

720 Andre

Reaction
Sounds like a great time and an even better cause! I really wish I could go, but I'll be out fishing in Mexico then coming back just in time for the Mil.

dwasser

Reaction
I rock a Clean-Dezert.org decal on my truck. Do you?