Numero Uno!!!!!!! DanZio midnight special race report!! YYYEEEEEE!!!!

What a dusty, rocky, tight course!! We started fifth off the line and right off the start it was a dusty mess. Our plan was to go as fast as we could without getting crazy. With so many rocks and such a short race, we knew if we got a flat, it was gonna be over.

Right off the start, my thoughts prove me right. The class 1 car that starts right in front of me is changing a flat about 8 miles into it. Sweet!!! Now I'm the first class one car and now I'm chasing my boy Cameron in his trophy truck!!

Allen and I catch up to his dust and sit there. We are making sure we don't do anything silly. Lap 1 done and we are starting our 2nd lap. About ten miles in, we see Ron Whitton changing a flat. We cruise by and are now 3rd car on the road. We are still chasing Cameron and cruise through pit B. Wyllie is stopped in the pits. We are now 2nd car on the road.

About 3/4 way through the 2nd lap we start catching the slower classes. More dust to deal with. We stop for gas at main and our pit takes way longer than normal. The guys didn't think the car wasn't taking fuel, so they had to look in the tower to make sure the fuel went in. It was full, so we hauled it out of there.

About 20 miles into the 3rd lap, I see Cameron broke down in the weeds. Hated to see my team mate broke down, However we are now the lead car and continue on at our conservative pace. At the end of our fourth lap, we stop for a quick splash. The guys tell us we have a pretty good lead, however we cant get a split because we go out of radio range.

Allen and I figure we have a big lead, so we really cruise the last lap. We definitly don't want to throw it away now!! Unbeknown to us, we only had about a four minute lead on TJ and he is hauling the mail to real us in. We get to the last check point and are able to see way down the track behind us. We don't see anyone coming. We catch a 12 car at the check and give him the siren. He doesn't move and instead dusts us out.

I see his amber light and know I could catch him pretty quick if I push through the dust. I was a little pissed he didn't move, so I was gonna catch him and make sure he moves over. Allen being the wiser, says "Just cruise it, we have it in the bag. We don't want to throw it away in the dust now." I agree, so we follow this guy for the last 8 miles or so moving at turtle speed.

We hit the pits and take the Checker Flag!!!! I thought we had it all locked up and then I see lights pull up right behind me. It's friggin TJ!!!!!! I was like "Where the hell did he come from??!!!" Now I think I may have lost it. We get the word, that we take the Overall win by like 13 seconds!!! Holy smokes that was close!!!!!! We win the whole enchilada!!!!! WWe are all SUPER HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt have done all this without all the hard work from my all my friends, family, and sponsors. Chris and Mitch from DanZio, my codriver Allen who did a KILLER job, my dad, and my wife Kelly who helped me get all my crap ready to go.

Huge thanks to Dailey Motorsports, Ashcraft Racing, and the Desert Assassins for all the pit support. Massive thanks to Yokohoma, Wright gearbox, Fox shox, RPM muffler, dailey dry sumps, ZLT, streight edje pain, and Palomar communications for keeping our car running good and looking great.

See you all at Primm!!!!!! YYYYEEEE!!!!!!

michael_loomis

Man, not only are you a great racer... you are a funny mofo..

Congrats Josh! Good times.

HDRA1

The Godfather
GREAT JOB josh and the danzio crew now lets get it done out at primm to

and i am so glad i didn't take any of that "jet fuel" at the end of the night it makes you drown your cookies in beer :D

Lucas

nimrod

KOOK!
So stoked!!!

BUGGY DORKS take the OVERALL!!!!!!!!

I'm so very happy for you Josh!

Demp

#mikesson
Congrats Josh and Allen!!!!!!! I'm stoked you guys won. Thanks again for letting me fuel the car and thanks for all the laughs after the race!!!!!! How were those cookies and beer Josh? jajaja

-Nick

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
What a dusty, rocky, tight course!! We started fifth off the line and right off the start it was a dusty mess. Our plan was to go as fast as we could without getting crazy. With so many rocks and such a short race, we knew if we got a flat, it was gonna be over.

Right off the start, my thoughts prove me right. The class 1 car that starts right in front of me is changing a flat about 8 miles into it. Sweet!!! Now I'm the first class one car and now I'm chasing my boy Cameron in his trophy truck!!

Allen and I catch up to his dust and sit there. We are making sure we don't do anything silly. Lap 1 done and we are starting our 2nd lap. About ten miles in, we see Ron Whitton changing a flat. We cruise by and are now 3rd car on the road. We are still chasing Cameron and cruise through pit B. Wyllie is stopped in the pits. We are now 2nd car on the road.

About 3/4 way through the 2nd lap we start catching the slower classes. More dust to deal with. We stop for gas at main and our pit takes way longer than normal. The guys didn't think the car wasn't taking fuel, so they had to look in the tower to make sure the fuel went in. It was full, so we hauled it out of there.

About 20 miles into the 3rd lap, I see Cameron broke down in the weeds. Hated to see my team mate broke down, However we are now the lead car and continue on at our conservative pace. At the end of our fourth lap, we stop for a quick splash. The guys tell us we have a pretty good lead, however we cant get a split because we go out of radio range.

Allen and I figure we have a big lead, so we really cruise the last lap. We definitly don't want to throw it away now!! Unbeknown to us, we only had about a four minute lead on TJ and he is hauling the mail to real us in. We get to the last check point and are able to see way down the track behind us. We don't see anyone coming. We catch a 12 car at the check and give him the siren. He doesn't move and instead dusts us out.

I see his amber light and know I could catch him pretty quick if I push through the dust. I was a little pissed he didn't move, so I was gonna catch him and make sure he moves over. Allen being the wiser, says "Just cruise it, we have it in the bag. We don't want to throw it away in the dust now." I agree, so we follow this guy for the last 8 miles or so moving at turtle speed.

We hit the pits and take the Checker Flag!!!! I thought we had it all locked up and then I see lights pull up right behind me. It's friggin TJ!!!!!! I was like "Where the hell did he come from??!!!" Now I think I may have lost it. We get the word, that we take the Overall win by like 13 seconds!!! Holy smokes that was close!!!!!! We win the whole enchilada!!!!! WWe are all SUPER HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt have done all this without all the hard work from my all my friends, family, and sponsors. Chris and Mitch from DanZio, my codriver Allen who did a KILLER job, my dad, and my wife Kelly who helped me get all my crap ready to go.

Huge thanks to Dailey Motorsports, Ashcraft Racing, and the Desert Assassins for all the pit support. Massive thanks to Yokohoma, Wright gearbox, Fox shox, RPM muffler, dailey dry sumps, ZLT, streight edje pain, and Palomar communications for keeping our car running good and looking great.

See you all at Primm!!!!!! YYYYEEEE!!!!!!
i love josh new stroy !!!!!!!!!

JJ LJR

Congrates Josh, Allen and the whole DanZio race team!!!! Glad to see you both back in the car kicking some but.

9rocky

Congrats Josh!!