Occupy the F-ing desert.

dwasser

RDC Crypto
Website
www.drive-racing.com
I’ve been out of the racing seen for a while. I apologize for that. We’ve been recovering from DRIVE. It wasn’t cheap and by no means easy.

I’ve gotten several phone calls over the last few days regarding BLM fees when we were running our series here in Plaster City.

I’m going to be very blunt because I have nothing to lose. We already lost almost everything trying to put on races.

From an imperial valley standpoint and from the information I have, the Imperial valley BLM would be happy with no more car and truck racing here. The local businesses and leaders love the local racing. The BLM does not and they proved it with the enormous fees they charged HDRA.

Here is the deal. It’s time to “occupy YOUR desert”. At some point we will have to show our numbers. I personally am sick and tired of being pulled to one cause or the other.

So the question is…if we pick a date will you bring your off road vehicle to your closest desert on one day and show your solidarity?

Occupy the Desert?

Tired of being pushed around. Its time to stand up!

mexracer10

RDC Crypto
Right now with all the lost funds for parks and recreation scandal seemingly being swept under the rug, now is the time to show that we will no longer let things be done to us and start demanding that they start working for us instead of against us, when at the end of the day that's what they are supposed to do right?

Advertising supports this site

WickedGravityVideo

RDC Crypto
I would come out, but I don't want to get a ticket for sitting on my motorcycle with my helmet off...... that was my last experience in Plaster City... pure BS from mental midget LEOs.

12LaPaz

RDC Crypto
What if 50 guys showed up at plaster city and had a contest to see who could get around a course in the shortest amount of time...... NO entry fee......NO permits.....NO blm fee.....just 50 cars taking a leisurely stroll around the desert..... Maybe a side bet or two....

nelson979

RDC Crypto
a while back i was thinking of doing the same thing in az, since there is no snowflake race anymore. what would happend if everybody showed up on labor day weekend and had fun. organized but not organized. not sure if that is blm land or forest land they could not arrest everybody.

_TimS

RDC Crypto
I would think we'd be far better off occupying the streets around the capital buildings... If street legal - drive there, if not - trailer it there and drive around the block for 8 hours. Preferably get enough cars/trucks/trailers to cause gridlock, they can't ticket you for being stuck in traffic. This would make the news and get attention. Put out a press release with the message you want portrayed. Just going out in the desert will do nothing because noone will notice, but put a stop to D.C. traffic and everyone will notice. They'll be begging to put you back into the desert somewhere.

As far as "poker runs", BLM usually has generic speed limits set. I think around here it's 25mph. I would think they'd prefer an unorganized event because they're not on the hook if something happens, but that doesn't make it very safe.

dezertrat82

RDC Crypto
Website
www.myspace.com
what would happen if we all got together holding signs about save our deserts in a peaceful way. In addition also have publicity like the news and radio record a peaceful protest while the BLM is handing out tickets. If as many people went to this type of an event just like a race how many people would there be? Few hundred? I am all for going out there and standing by my quad or truck! Just tell me when and where.

AZBadseed

RDC Crypto
Whenever Doug just say the word! I'll occupy the desert, I'll occupy the street in front of the BLM, or the Federal Building. Anywhere, lets save our desert!

DezGear Manny

RDC Crypto
Im in just say when and where and I'm sure we can get at least 30-40 tacomas out there from Tacomaworld and socal tacomas..

ChromolyKid

RDC Crypto
Website
www.youtube.com
Read "Monkey Butt" and take note of some of Super Hunky's tactics when fighting the BLM. Those greenies are clever little snakes. Super Hunky and the Phantom Duck of the Desert tried it both ways, through a show of force and also through a courtroom hearing. Unfortunately, the desert community seemed to think their strategy was too unorthodox and didn't support them for long. They organized a protest ride after losing Barstow to Vegas, and caught the BLM pulling some dirty tricks. An interesting and worthwhile read if you're serious about putting your foot down. It can be done. Count me in...

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Read "Monkey Butt" and take note of some of Super Hunky's tactics when fighting the BLM. Those greenies are clever little snakes. Super Hunky and the Phantom Duck of the Desert tried it both ways, through a show of force and also through a courtroom hearing. Unfortunately, the desert community seemed to think their strategy was too unorthodox and didn't support them for long. They organized a protest ride after losing Barstow to Vegas, and caught the BLM pulling some dirty tricks. An interesting and worthwhile read if you're serious about putting your foot down. It can be done. Count me in...

This is one most offroaders should read!

coilover88

RDC Crypto
Sounds like an idea. JV is in the spotlight and is fairly centralized. Imperial Valley is also a place that could use a little publicity. BLM has pretty clear guidelines as to what constitues an "organized" event. They might try to use semantics and bs but the rules are there and they can violate them no more than we can. My wallet willing, count me in.