Oceano dunes

casey[unleashed805]

Reaction
ENVIRNOMENTALIST ARE PLANNING ANOTHER LAWSUIT

PERSONALLY I THINK THIS IS REDICULOUS, THEY HAVE ALREADY CUT THE DUNES DOWN SO MUCH FOR THESE TREE HUGERS TO SAVE THE D**N SNOWY PLUVER , NOW THERE TRYING TO BAN ALL MOTOR VEHICLES FROM THE OCEANO DUNESSS , ENVIRONMENTALIST TRYING TO MESS UP THE ECONOMY GEESSS:mad:

http://www.ksby.com/Global/story.asp?S=10719980

P.S JUST MY OWN 2 SENSE

ChromolyKid

Reaction
that's banana nut bread. :mad:

gotta love the blm/sierra club and the bullsugar reasons that they can pull out of their hat (for a ban of better words) :rolleyes:

i know this isn't really a motorcycle forum, but if anybody likes reading and would like to learn how pathetic and pointless the blm and sierra club are (as if you don't already know), read the book "monkey butt" by rick 'super hunky' sieman. that's some good, factual, down to earth education right there.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
this sucks... the way things are going our weekend fun spots n the deserts are goin 2 b gone in the next 10 years.... after all the deserts are closed then wut will the dam ENVIRONMENTALISTS have to complain about??? that scares me almost as bad as not bein able to take my kids to the desert... LEGALLY at least!!!

ChromolyKid

Reaction
this sucks... the way things are going our weekend fun spots n the deserts are goin 2 b gone in the next 10 years.... after all the deserts are closed then wut will the dam ENVIRONMENTALISTS have to complain about??? that scares me almost as bad as not bein able to take my kids to the desert... LEGALLY at least!!!
Reverend!

casey[unleashed805]

Reaction
I agree, what is this world coming to rules and restrictions on everything , really if all these offroading spots are closed down its gunna hurt the economy, the off road industry is a big part off the economy,

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
This is awful and seems to be getting worse day by day and hour by hour. When you speak with someone from the Sierra Club (member) most dont even know wth they are all about. They just donate money like mindless lemmings to a org that could care less if them or what they do as a person. As long as they donate.
On another note, areas in Riverside Co. are patrolled by air and LEOs on dirbikes and 4wd. Specifically near Palm Springs and Edom Hill if you didnt already know that. Main cause was alot of boneheads trashing up the area and not riding smart and safe. I think you all know the types. Ruined it for everyone. To me it seems like a waste of time and resources.

ChromolyKid

Reaction
BLM has nothing to do with Pismo, Its managed by State Parks.

Wayne
i don't care who's associated with what, they're all part of the same worthless cause.

Reaction
i don't care who's associated with what, they're all part of the same worthless cause.
No, they are not. No offense, but get a clue and do some research.

Unless maybe you think everybody is out to get you, and if you do, ask yourself a couple questions: "Is my behavior appropriate?" and "Or am I exhibiting symptoms of paranoia?"

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Really? I love it when people blindly bash land management
agencies with no knowledge of how they work with the public.

Wayne
Work with the public? I've had my bike taken for riding on my own property, and yet when someone threatens me with a bat, the friendly forest ranger says that I was in the wrong for endangering the environment? Give me a break.

ChromolyKid

Reaction
No, they are not. No offense, but get a clue and do some research.

Unless maybe you think everybody is out to get you, and if you do, ask yourself a couple questions: "Is my behavior appropriate?" and "Or am I exhibiting symptoms of paranoia?"
Look, I'm not a racer or driver like you that participates in sanctioned events. I enjoy just riding in the desert, and I've had too many instances where Park Rangers, Police, or just some radical environmentalist with a baseball bat has attempted to keep me from riding on the land that is rightfully OURS. Yours and mine. I oppose anybody who won't allow me the right to ride in a desert that is rightfully ours.

The fact is, organizations that shut down off-road areas or even a dune out in the middle of the desert for the sake of an animal that will live regardless of human activity are violating our natural rights.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I just think it's bullshirt that we even have to deal with such a problem. But, that's California for you.

Reaction
Nic,
We empathize with your frustration, but you need to learn to offer informed opinions. For instance, BLM is the Federal Agency managing the largest amounts of public land in our nation.

It has no more to do with California State Government than the commander of Camp Pendleton has to do with San Diego County.

And if you have such a hard time with the authorities and environmentalists, perhaps more discretion is necessary in your choice of riding locales.

Like the old saw says; If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. I'm an old retired burnout in the land use wars, but Wayne is in the trenches fighting for YOUR rights to ride everyday.

Good Luck!

casey[unleashed805]

Reaction
i agrreee with everyones opinions abouve , i agree with the frustrations of District37Honda, and definatly agree with the informed educated philosophy of NoBrakes Drake,

we're all fighting foir the same cause here , definatly dont need any battles brewing between each other, need to be using that energy to find out how we can fight for are riding areas and off road parks

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Well thanks for understanding, no hard feelings towards anyone. But my "riding locales" as you put it, are areas that were open to all green sticker vehicles less than two years ago, and have since been designated "street legal only". Which is ridiculous because the trails and roads I ride on locally are so rough, a street legal vehicle would have a hard time driving on them! Apparently some politician felt that we just had too much freedom?

And again, not to argue, but I shouldn't HAVE to have any discretion on where I ride. As I said before, it's our land, shouldn't we be able to at least ride a motorcycle on the trails?

The BLM is in charge of the public land, yes, but they've been closing off large chunks of desert for years now, for reasons that only they can justify. Drake, if you're "an old burnout" as you said, then I'm sure you're familiar with Louis Mckey and Rick Sieman? I assume you've read "Monkey Butt"? The Sierra Club and the BLM have been working together, conducting conveniently biased surveys for years.

Just an example, but should we have to pay to enter Dumont Dunes? I don't go anymore, but I think it's absolutely unnecessary to charge people to have a good time.

I don't even go out camping anymore because all the areas I love to go to are "Wildlife preserves, as approved by the BLM".

I'm rambling, but that's my problem with the BLM. I've never heard of an instance where they helped us (the off-road community), although I may be wrong. All I hear about is land closures.

Don't get me started with environmentalists though, their complaints and protests are the fuel for this whole problem.

Whatever though... I think Wayne is my neighbor because my neighbor hates me haha

Reaction
And again, not to argue, but I shouldn't HAVE to have any discretion on where I ride. As I said before, it's our land, shouldn't we be able to at least ride a motorcycle on the trails?
Still need an attitude check, Nic. Yes, you SHOULD exercise discretion in choosing where to ride.

Perhaps had the OHV community exercised more discretion in the past, many of today's land use battles and closures wouldn't be so tough. We've often, sadly, been one of our own worst enemies.

Yes, it's our land - but not just your land. It belongs to all 330+m of us and to those citizens yet to appear. Riding, hiking and other recreational uses are our privilege ultimately, not a right. How would your desire to ride on public lands carry more weight than, say, an Easterner's differing desires?

And yes, I'm well aware of Super Hunky and the Phantom Duck, though I didn't always agree with their tactics.

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Well perhaps that's where our views differ. The way I see it, the way I was raised, the only way to get people to come to their senses is to shock them into seeing it. Politics doesn't do it. Paper won't do it. A handshake or a spoken agreement won't do it. A keyboard certainly won't either.

Whatever the attorneys and spokespersons of the community are doing doesn't seem to be working. Otherwise, this whole topic wouldn't exist. The political approaches are just shot down. I'm not saying I can come up with a brilliant plan, but I think people need to rethink their strategy.

I don't have a problem with other people's views. I respect the people who ride horses down my street. I respect the guy who does 80 down my road when my garage is open (I live on a dirt road). Why can't it be mutual? I don't do anything harmful, nor malicious to anyone. I shut my engine off and coast past horses when I see them, I keep it under 20 around houses, I stay on trails that are clearly meant for and/or marked for whatever vehicle I'm riding or driving. I DO exercise discretion, and in return all I get is my rights (rights, not privileges) taken away.

As far as the land belonging to all 330+ million, you're correct. But get real. First off, I don't think the Easterners are concerned with a small patch of desert in the middle of nowhere. Second, what's better for you, and the economy? Shut down the desert completely, or open it so that anyone who wants to can go out and buy brand new machines, and enjoy them?

If we don't enjoy the desert, who will?

Some of you seem to enjoy being punished for no good reason, but not me. Sorry.

With all due respect Drake, I think this conversation could go on forever. We just have different opinions.

ChromolyKid

Reaction
You can go ahead and lecture me one more time man haha but I've had my fill of arguing for the day. Let's not forget that we're all on the same side here.
I think if there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that these closures aren't good.
Apologies for turning your topic into a boxing ring Casey haha :rolleyes:

Reaction
Well, what can I say but sorry about your luck and hows that working out for you? Be careful while antagonizing those pesky environmentalists! And stay in school!