Ocotillo 17-19th?

cleartoy

Reaction
Well be there fri night aorund 8 pm, till sun morning.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

beamdream

Reaction
hhmmm....you'll have to give me directions from S.D.
Austin tried but I didnt pay attention!

C-$

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
craig,

for some reason everytime i try and it seems anyone tries to give directions to ocatillo people always get lost. so i have begun to tell people to just to take the 78 all the way there. its eaiser for the simple minds to rememeber j/k instead of trying to tell them turn here turn there. sure its alot longer but you will get there eventually.

sirhk100

Reaction
Hey man, I'm the guy in the Red Exploder that showed up a Glamis with Austin the weekend before new years. What's up man? What part of town are you coming from, I can give you directions, I'm out there all the time and know the way...

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

cleartoy

Reaction
Craig, from SD, take 5 north, 78 east, 15 north, 76 east, 79 north, S2 east, 78 east, exit Main Street........go from there to meet whoever it is to meet.

Sirhk 100 is very cool.......i was passed out at devils slide in the middle of the night and he and a friend carried my fat ass to my truck so i wouldnt get run over!!!!!

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

sirhk100

Reaction
"Face down, Ass up" I won't finish that though cause I'm not swingin that way but it's what you were in the sand!!!! Fuked up and lookin half dead, it wouldn't have been right to leave you there!!!!! When we came back that next morning to make sure you two were still alive I was surprised you were functional, I would've been sooooooooooo hungover. Was that the morning I launched the crap outta my ride as I was driving away? If so that was probably the biggest it's ever gone and no one was really around to see it, damn it!!! That was one of the better trips out there this summer....

Khris

cleartoy

Reaction
Yeah, i remember the explorer launchin up high(there was a huge lip on devils slide at the time). You launched and it seemed like you went straight up(truck was level) and you kind of did a freestyle stall in the air and just floated back down to Earth. Smooth landing too.

Hoping the dunes south of 78 are reason enough to take my YZ out. Its setup with a paddle so i dont ride in the park.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Ryno

Reaction
Craig-

unless you wanna drive about 20 miles out of the way...take 15 north to Scripps Poway Pkwy. Take Scripps to 67. Take 67 through Ramona to San Isabel. Go left at the stop sign ( at the market and Dudleys). At the power station (s-2) go right. take this until it dead ends...then go left. I used to come from OB, and it would take me about 2 hours. I'll be there Sunday putting around if anyone wants to hang, or have lunch @ Blu inn or Desert rose.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

beamdream

Reaction
Thanks everyone for the directions. They will come in handy for sure!! I appreciate it.
sirhk100-----WHAT UP DUDE!! So youre the man behind this name that I see everywhere! Classic dude. I bent my chassis that weekend. I have a pic attached. THat sucked. When we gonna chill again man? We were so lucky to leave when we did because back in San Diego....no more than ONE MILE from my house---my alternator went. I guess I was running on pure battery for about 25miles!!! WHHEWW!!! Babied it in the garage!

C-$

Eric_M

Reaction
how exactly did you manage to do that?

stupid people shouldnt breed!

beamdream

Reaction
Well I just got the truck back and didnt think I would be bottoming out anytime soon but there were a couple times where I plowed the rear end hard. But I got it straightened last week. Now its time for some air bumps!

C-$

sirhk100

Reaction
Ah man, now that's stylin and draggin ass!!!!

Hey guys, I think I may head over to Ocotillo Wells Sat. night. Probably late around 11-midnight. I'll be riding my CRF around on Sunday for sure!!!! My bike is all white and I'll be wearing blue shorts and red knee braces, pretty easy to spot.

As for dunes south of 78, NOPE DEFINATELY DON'T WANT A PADDLE!!!! Unless there's some others that I don't know of or you're talking about superstition they aren't much bigger then the ones at Barrel Springs in Ocotillo Wells. You know the ones out past Devil's Slide...

Khris

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Kris, what was the deal with your bike? Sounds like it was fixed. I tried pm'ing you but no response. Just curious. My family and I are heading out to Glamis on Friday. If anyone is out there, we'll be camped on gecko with 2 30-foot weekend warriors (like all the rest). I'll be on an all black CR 250. Look us up.

Confucius Say - "Every man who do Flying-W, come down with nuts in mouth."

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Nevermind, I just read the other thread! Pretty crazy.

Confucius Say - "Every man who do Flying-W, come down with nuts in mouth."

Racing5150Guy

Reaction
i will be there. be around all weekend. 2002 kawi and a purple / blue buggy with my girlfriend and a fat man. somebody try to help hook up the fat man. he needs some lovin.

cleartoy

Reaction
Thanks. SO are the ones in Superstition worth it or no?

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

sirhk100

Reaction
Superstition isn't really worth it either cause a paddle would limit the area you could ride. There are definately dunes there but there's a lot of hard pack fun mini shell reef type of stuff too. My CRF can ride wheelies up everything out there with a fresh knobbie. It's definately worth the ride to shell reef. Hope you have a desert tank on your bike though cause I havn't seen a stock 2 stroke tank make it there and back... Sometime, we'll get together with Ryno and do a run, I know he does it often also...

Khris

cleartoy

Reaction
Ok gotcha. Yeah i have a stock tank. Sounds good.

Fish is gonna bomb on us now for posting this in the unoficial forum.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??