ocotillo wells crash

Racing5150Guy

Reaction
hey who was the guy that balled up the toyota at shell reef. i saw someone was injured i just wanted to get some info on it and i hope they were ok.

nathan

Eric_M

Reaction
i talked to my friend nate today. turns out the guy that crashed was his friend. from what nate said the kit got his license on friday, bought that truck saturday, and headed to the desert saturday night. and he said he went to do a jump or hit a whoop wrong and sent the truck up onto its nose, front bumper dug in and fliped end over end, crushed the top of the cab almost all the way to the bottom of the window, and then kinda bounced back onto the wheels. the kids girl friend couldnt talk and got life flighted out and i cant remember what happened to the guy. thats all he said about the crash

stupid people shouldnt breed!

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
"stupid people shouldnt breed! "

Exactally, they shouldn't.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
It amazes me some of the stupid driving you see out at the desert. I wonder if these people just don't care (stupid) or if they are drunk (stupider). I even wonder what some of the racers think when they are trying to drive their care way beyond its limits and then they wonder why it breaks. When I first got into racing I thought Marc Stein drove way to slow, but then I realized he drove within the limits of his truck and thats why he was able to win all those championships. He has a quote on his dash board that says "I am the 1997 champion because I drive smart." Something to think about next time you are racing or messing around in the desert.

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

tedmales

Reaction
yep i have installed lots of 6" trophy truck kits for many a robbie gordon.

life is too short to be small

martininsocal

Reaction
Atleast they aren't dead! We have had a string of young kid car accidents lately. 16 year old gets license, parents buy him a new 310hp Boss Mustang, 13 days later he kills himself doing over 110 on a 2 kane rd while cutting lunch with 2 buddies from school...etc... I won't let my kid take the buggy out of 2nd gear yet, and he is 13.

cleanse the gene pool!

If your gonna go, go BIG

jeff

Reaction
It's not just the stupid kids fault... it's the parents. Very rarely are people born stupid - the parents just raise em' that way. The sad thing is there are plenty of mature drivers on the road that are just as bad (or worse) than this kid. I say start teaching kids when they are young and this wouldn't be as big of a problem. Go-carts and golf carts are perfect for this. By the time I got my license I had already spent thousands of hours behind the wheels of all sorts of things and it made a huge difference. Or you can blame it on the DMV - that test is a joke. No panic stops, no high speed corrective or avoidance maneuvers required. Just cruise around the block, do a 3-point turn, and as long as you don't hit anything, you pass. That ain't a real life test. Maybe in BFE - but not SoCal. Blah - I'm rambling.

Aloha

Project1500

Reaction
"blame it on the DMV - that test is a joke. No panic stops, no high speed corrective or avoidance maneuvers required. Just cruise around the block, do a 3-point turn, and as long as you don't hit anything, you pass."

That test is easier than that you dont even have to do a 3 point turn. Just make sure they do there intersection left right checks and they pass!

billymanfroy

Reaction
Sorry to hear about the dummy and his girlfriend. Hope they're OK.

I think the first YEAR of driver's education in school should be purely physics. No driving, no theory, just PHYSICS AND COMMON SENSE.

"This is what happens to a 125 lb. test dummy filled with raw meat and ketchup when it is struck by a 4500 lb car traveling at 25, 35, 45... mph.) Notice that the really baggy pants half-way down his crack hinder his ability to run out of the way, and his really expensive basketball shoes never even leave the ground, yet the majority of the body, meat, and ketchup come to rest nearly 100 feet away. Perhaps if he had bothered to check whether or not the oncoming traffic saw him BEFORE he stepped in front of the vehicle, this tragic accident could have been avoided. The 30dB headphones also diminished his ablility to hear the oncoming traffic. The proof that he is cool is that the rap CD never even skipped as it bounced into the opposing lanes. His parents, who work for family members under the table and do not pay taxes, have 3 different identities and addresses, receive every form of welfare, social security, and free healthcare & lunches for their 6 children, are now suing the County, City, School District, Driver, and Manufacturer of the SUV - ALL OF WHOM ARE FORCED TO SETTLE OUT OF COURT. The insured driver of the SUV lost his insurance, job, car and house."

How many times have you seen some punk just walk out without looking, thinking they're cool? "But the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way, and I'm way too cool to look first!" Great epitaph. Tell that to the poor guy coming along in the Suburban.

You have to have a license to have a dog, but ANY one with pubes can breed. It's sad.

Billy

Jordan

Reaction
It all comes from Bad Parenting. Most kids are not born wrong they are bread wrong.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jordansrealm.com/forsale.htm>My PreRunner is FOR SALE please CLICK HERE.</A>