Ocotillo Wells Friday Night!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Hey Guys we got a few people going out to Ocotillo Wells Friday afternoon/night and then coming home Saturday sometime. The Piece is alive and its gotta get in the dirt! Also we need to do some testing on a Tacoma.

If anyone wants to go you are more then welcome to hang out with us! Let me know!

Go Big Or Go Home

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Nah whos needs AC, thats why were going at night, that temp is for Ocotillo not Ocotillo Wells, Ocotillo wells is usally a bit cooler because its not as far south and as low of an elevation.

Go Big Or Go Home

Tyson

Reaction
WHOA!! Fish you really are turning in to the resident Ocotillo WELLS expert. I may be going out to O.W. this weekend also, should be fun.

Austin, did you get the piece all straightened out?

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Working on it, cut the whole front end off, bulding radiator supports right now, then just need to figure out sometime for that damn air intake system.

I need a adapter plate like what you have so I can just run a cone there instead of that big stupid box crap!

Go Big Or Go Home

Tyson

Reaction
you cut off the inner fender wells and all? how are you going to mount your glass? Careful I have gotten 2 fixit tickets in the passed 2 days.
1: for no mud flaps all the way around.
2: no front plate.
3: expired tags (they're paid for but the damn DMV sent them to the wrong address.)
4: For not correcting the fact that the DMV has my wrong address.

SUCKS huh!

Look at me, I can fly

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
The glass mounts off the support bars, the cops around here are pretty cool, (knock on wood).

Go Big Or Go Home

Ryno

Reaction
Austin-

A couple friends and I had the same idea. Go out Friday night, ride early Sat. I dunno exactly where we are gonna be..most likely off Main St. Black Jeep Cherokee, Red Chevy Z71, Bright Blue GMC 2WD. See you out there.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ok yea we might not be getting out there till like Midnight or so, you guys gona be awake? I am sure we will be like the only people out there, we will probley camp at the bottom of blowsand or something.

Go Big Or Go Home

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
YEAH COPS ARE A PAIN IN THE ASS SOMETIMES I TELL YA I GOT A TICKET IN MY GOLFCART AWHILE AGO AND THANK GOD FOR MY BROTHER, SISTER IN LAW, AND BROTHER IN LAW ARE COPS SO IT IS GOOD TO GET THOSE SUCKERS ERASED but i hate to pulled over for doing something difrent to a truck i know this much they were bored if they got you on mudflaps that sucks

Tyson

Reaction
The kicker was that he didn't even know the code and he had to look it up in his cheap sheet handbook, then he would walk around my truck then go back to his book. All in all, I feel lucky that he only wrote me up for these minor fixit tix cause he could have done alot more. True be told though, I think he was having a hard time finding the violation in his handbook - for example he was staring at my fuel cell then he'd go flipping through his book and then walk up to the back of my truck again looking at my shock cage but I didn't get written up for any of that. I found it kind of funny.

The officer in HB (the next day) pulled me over and was like "I wish I had a camera so I could show my buddies all the violations on this truck." So I jumped in right away with, I did just get a ticket yesterday, so he asked questions making sure I wasn't blowing smoke but then he wrote me up for the wrong address with the DMV. Was funny when his buddy pulled up for backup and came to talk to me about how my truck is really unsafe to ride on the street - since I was feeling a little cocky and I knew I was going to only be getting fix it tickets I started asking why. He started with "Its structurally unsafe" so I asked what made it unsafe the roll cage? The bed cage? The 1.5" bumpers front and rear? the 5 point harnesses? So he then restated..."Well with no fenders you can throw road debris onto your winsheild, which COULD impair my visability" for that I told him my fenders were on order (which they are, sort of)

Anyways, they are all at least easy to fix tickets.

Look at me, I can fly

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Your lucky they didnt get ya for the 5 points, that can be a pain to put the stock ones back in to pass it.

Go Big Or Go Home

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Yup I was told its because if they are not used correctly they can be more dangerous.
Also it takes a brain to use them kinda, stock ones you just plug one thing in and go.

They can't have something be legal if it takes a little brain power to use :)

Go Big Or Go Home

singlehanded

Reaction
actually 5 points are not illegal, what is illegal is removing the stock safety belts if you leave the stock ones in(and run 5 points) you cant get a ticket or at least keep them so you can put them back in to sign off afix-it. Was told this at last traffic school class.

local

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
An earlier thread mentioned that the belts have to have the D.O.T. tag on them to be legal.

Funny...I drive all over southern calif working construction, Truck loaded to the gills and have not had a ticket or even been pulled over in 8 years. Granted, I still have all my bed, but my front tires are way out there. Dont take this wrong, but maybe it's the way you "kids" drive....lol

Duct tape is like the Force.It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Oh boy look at this:

The Piece is back and better than ever...Careful you might not recognize it :)

Go Big Or Go Home