Ocotillo Wells Sat Aug. 3rd

sirhk100

Reaction
I'm planning on taking the Exploder out for a night run. We'll probably be out there around 8-9PM and stay till Sunday morning. I know numerous others on the board are planning on being out there too so I thought I'd let anyone know that may be interested in going. We'll be on Main St near the "S" turn just before it drops into the wash if you want to join us.
Khris

'99YZ400, (for sale, $3900)
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart (sold)

cleartoy

Reaction
Me and my girl are going that night for the UJTS Flat BIll meeting.

See ya there.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

CaTeRpiLeR

Reaction
Ya......I am going out for the UJTS Flat Biller meeting as well. I was at the first in the blue ranger. I am bring some bros out with me as well. If the turn out is as good as it was 2 weeks ago...it will be off the hook. Hope to see u all there!!!!!!!

Flat-billers 4

Adam

[image]C:\Adam\Images\Off Road\me sideways.bmp[/image]

sirhk100

Reaction
Sweet sounds like the making of a good turn out. I may actually air out the Explore just to get in the club. Other then that I'm just cruising and having fun. Still working on the Blender. We'll see what I can come up with this Friday.

Khris

lifted golf cart (sold)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
You guys know I will be there romping in the Piece, its back and running strong after a few days of down time there.

Also JC Andrews is planning on bringing out the 7S for testing and the guy who built his truck is also going to bring out his 7open for some testing! Should be a good time!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
I believe that saturday is the drawing/BarBQ at the El Cajon ORW for the Fud/CODE race. Maybe I'll eat some food then go out east afterwards.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ok all you guys in my area were meeting at my house at 5PM this time. Then we will head out, we might have to take a slight detour if the S-2 is still closed due to the fire. No biggie.

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

sirhk100

Reaction
I'll probably be out around 8-9 that night. Depends on what the high for Sat. is supposed to be. Don 't be discouraged by the road conditions. 1st off there's alternative routes out that aren't much longer, and it's only Wed. We still have a couple days so the fire may be drastically changed by then.

Khris

lifted golf cart (sold)

CaTeRpiLeR

Reaction
ya...i hope it clears up..i dont feel like going the back way...it sucks....it is so much more boring!!!! Anyway...I would like to initiate my truck into UJTS this weekend. I did away with the blown [censored]'s, and got some 5100's, so my truck will not be pounding the pavement too much!!!! See u guys at Austin's!!

Flat-Billers 4 Life!!!!!!!

adam

[image]C:\Adam\Images\Off Road\me sideways.bmp[/image]

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Alright guys 5PM my house today. I think the roads are open too because I went to the CHP site and looked up the highways:

SR 78
[SAN DIEGO & IMPERIAL CO'S]
NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA.

So we are good to go, I guess the McNeils are coming out with us also bringing their 7S truck and Explorers. JC did you get that transmission in yet??

See ya guys later

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

sirhk100

Reaction
When I left yesterday JC's transmission was basically in and all he had to do was put the calipers on the front end and finish up. All the grunt work was done.

The McNeils are bringing the Exploders? That's cool I've always wanted to see how their rear end works.

Khris

lifted golf cart (sold)

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ok change of plans, the fires got crazy and they shut down ALL of the roads on any way to Ocotillo. So Ocotillo is a no go.

But everyone still wants to go so we are going down to Proctor Valley (sp?) in Chula Vista area. So who ever wants to go there its only like 45min from my house.

Go Big Or Go Home
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

sirhk100

Reaction
Well, had a great time last night. Ended up in Plaster City after 20 plans changing. The jumping session ending with the stock F150 falling from the sky and exploding was awesome. Rod's truck was amazing as normal. And the piece was jumping like normal. We ended up taking off to Ocotillo Wells around 1:30AM, ran the choo choo road all the way over. Went blasting out to Shell Reef and who's there???? Jason (AKA Carlsbad) I guess he never got the updated location change. So we ran around with him till around 4:30AM and headed up 78. For the books, S2 was definately closed at 5:07 this morning. 78 through Julian was open though. Talk about some HUGE FLAMES though. The stretch where you go by the High School up there was very happening. The ridge line up above was well engolfed. We went through just as the sky was getting light so we couldn't really see the valleys and stuff but from just the burned areas on the side of the high way all the way up Banner Grade and then considering where it's burning now this fire is very large area wise. Anyways, hope everyone's vehicles made it back in somewhat of one piece. Any damages I don't konw of? I saw the F150 disinigrate and know that JC's transmission went south but anything else?

Khris

lifted golf cart (sold)

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
JC's transmission took a shiaat?

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

cleartoy

Reaction
X and I made it home fine. We went out to the North last night and overheated goin up hill in a sand wash. We had to sit for about an hour to let it cool. We arrived to see the last truck jump, and it was over.

Somebody was good enough to let me have a hamburger they were BBQing.

This morning, we were packed up and rollin to the original camp at 702AM. The JC crew had a flat on the Ford and we lent them our lug wrench for a few minutes. Anyways got home at 915AM.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

JCA

Reaction
transmission had a slight issue but I pulled it out when we got home and it should be repaired and back in the truck in the am. The f150 is a guy Rodd knows and is in no way part of his or my team. We tried to help him a little in the morning but he didnt seem to want to help himself. Khris I cant beleave you got that on video. See everyone at the night race.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

schafer

Reaction
hehe, well after leaving at 3:30 am to goto ocotillo wells via choo choo, we arrived to get air there at about 6! thats after tysons truck started taking a crap and we sat stairing at a car thinking its possibly a dead guy in it for a half hour.. hehe anyway push started tysons truck again and got air, then drove home, saw Jason (JC's Pissin Codriver) hehe (sorry jason) out sleepin in OCO off the side of the road, woke his ass up to horns and revin trucks, he didnt like that too much. and drove home. he went back to bed on the side of the road.

hope to see pics soon, wondering if austin and tyson made it to HB like they planned.

Corey Schafer
tmcorey@ttora-socal.com

JCA

Reaction
Yes they made it. Talked with TY today. His truck has seen better days but he said he had a great time. Still waiting for Austin to get home so he can put up the video.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

sirhk100

Reaction
No, a stock F150 decided to go bigger then anyone there including the 7 open truck or any of the built prerunners. Upon landing the airbag blew, bent the beams, tweaked the frames (very visable on all the body lines around the cab and bed), flatenend some tires, caused his truck to over heat every 50 feet or so that it drove, etc, etc..... What did I miss??? I was videoing at the time for Austin and I'm sure he'll be posting it soon. It wasn't perfectly focused but when you see the other trucks jump it was focused enough to clearly see it's WAY up there for a stock truck. Not sure how high though cause I was looking through the view finder....

Khris

'92 Ford Exploder (work in progress)