OD Button

desertspeed

Reaction
What is everyone using for an OD button? I switched to a gate shifter and got rid of my factory steering column. Does anyone know if it a momentary switch or an on/off switch? For a 97-03 F150, 4R70W transmission.

Thanks!

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Did you get rid of the stock shift lever with the rest of the column? I've seen a few people take the stock Ford OD button and wiring and attach it to the Art Carr shift lever.

If you don't have any of the stock parts anymore, there are many aftermarket shift handles available with an integral OD button.

desertspeed

Reaction
Did you get rid of the stock shift lever with the rest of the column? I've seen a few people take the stock Ford OD button and wiring and attach it to the Art Carr shift lever.

If you don't have any of the stock parts anymore, there are many aftermarket shift handles available with an integral OD button.
I still have it, but there is no good or clean way to attach it to the Art Carr shifter, other than glueing it in- it snaps into the stock column.

I am mainly trying to figure out whether the button is momentary or on/off. If it is momentary I can just use a push to talk button.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Separate the switch from the lever or buy a new one, then mount it in the dash.

The way I have seen the whole assembly mounted was with the entire stock shift knob cut from the shifter arm, leaving about a 1" length of the shift lever attached to the knob. Then they used an aluminum tubing clamp to attach it to the Art Carr lever.

The only thing I didn't like about that set-up was the exposed wires running from the lever to under the dash.

Baja Fool

Reaction
If anyone has a clean solution for this O/D button, please post w/photos if possible.

Thanks

desertspeed

Reaction
it's a momentary switch...
Awesome- that is what I thought from looking at the wiring schematics, but it is always nice to get confirmation from someone who has actually done it. Thanks!