oem parts??

El_Dude

Reaction
where's the best place to buy?? im looking for the left crankcase of a 05 trx450.. any help....

D Bergstrom

Reaction
www.servicehonda.com is about the cheapest place I have seen for oem Honda parts, I have been buying from them for years.

Doug

mustafa

Reaction
service honda or yamahaoftroy.com (i know it's yamaha, but they are a large honda dealer too). i've had great experience with both of them.

bajabit

Reaction
where's the best place to buy?? im looking for the left crankcase of a 05 trx450.. any help....

FYI-Cases are replaced in pairs,(L&R),as they are machined together. Replacing just one side may cause some alignment problems.
What happened? Did the chain come off and trash the case?,(I hate when that happens!)

El_Dude

Reaction
That's exactly what happened... it whipped the case and it left a hairline crack..

El_Dude

Reaction
now... 1 more question... isn't the 04 and 05 motor the same?? that's what i thought.. i found selling an 04 for my 05..will it work?

D Bergstrom

Reaction
FYI-Cases are replaced in pairs,(L&R),as they are machined together. Replacing just one side may cause some alignment problems.
What happened? Did the chain come off and trash the case?,(I hate when that happens!)

Not with a Honda, you can buy just one half and replace. Honda has a part number for each case half, no need to buy a pair. I know a few people that have just replaced one case half with no problems.

now... 1 more question... isn't the 04 and 05 motor the same?? that's what i thought.. i found selling an 04 for my 05..will it work?

Yes, it will work, 04 and 05 TRX450R's are the same.

Doug