off road a to z

robbie_goerke

<font color="blue"> </font color> New show on OLN tonight. Off road a to z! 10:30 pm

John Bitting

Administrator
It was pretty neat. I saw the cameras all around at the 500 and did not know what they were for, pretty cool seeing Steinberger and the regular RDC readers in it.

tim_krueger

the show was good, especially for beginners, like my old man lol..........
i thought there was a little too much talking from the bilstein guy
and too much of the turner team
some of the old video was great
i hope the next eddition is on soon

RacerX

Was funny to see how excited the Co-driver was to toss all the tool bags out to show all the tools needed.

DougM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
i thought there was a little too much talking from the bilstein guy

[/ QUOTE ]

That Bilstein guy is Doug Robertson. Mutli time winner of the Baja 500/1000 and probably knows more about off road racing/winning then most folks on this list.

He used to run the Bilstein Baja Bugs with his brother Don and is the president of Bilstein of America

Attachments

IDRA_CRB

Spot on, Doug!

Personally, I thought that was one of the best desert racing programs I have ever seen.

Reese

DougM

OFF ROAD A TO Z
<font color="red"> Here Come the Big Boys - Ford Jumps In
</font color>

One of the first Destroit carmakers to see the popularity of off-road racing was Ford Motor Company. For was into every kind of wheeled racing there was, and off-roading was a natural for this performance-oreinted company. With a shelf full of high performance engines and driveline components and a dozen of the world's finest drivers under contract, going off-road racing was a natural for the big Blue Oval.

7:30 PM PST TONIGHT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 9th show

OFF ROAD A TO Z <font color="blue"> Anything You Can Do... </font color>

The last thing Chevrolet would ever do is concede any automotive contest to its archrival from Dearborn. When Chevy flexed its massive corporate muscle - and its muscle trucks - on tough courses like the Baja and other off-road races, Ford and everyone else suddenly knew they were in a race!

tim_krueger

I feel sorry for you chevy fans. that was like a ford commercial good thing I like fords first on race day baby. does taylor really have 800+ hp……wow. gary turner had some interesting things to say about their motor. I was glad to see a big sponsor behind the program ford chevy or whatever, wonder who’s next. It’s a good show spread the word.
(attached is a pic of turners first race in the “new” truck in san felipe…man it was fast…thanks rdc for the pic)

Attachments

gary

a little too much ford for me, but not bad...i ended up watching most of the CORR race instead, since they again scheduled them at the same time...

Azdesertracer

That was the first episode I cought. Not bad alot of talk about FORD with I am a CHEVY fan but I have to give it to FORD for sponsoring the sport I love.

V8Ranger

I emailed OLN this morning an they have allready replied. I encourage everyone to do the same and maybe we can convince them that them airing off road shows will boost their ratings.

slimjim

dang, i missed it. did anybody record it? i am gonna set up my computer to record the rest of them. the next one is for you chevy fans. i emailed oln also to thank them for the off road shows.

JeffS

It's on again Tomorrow...

and a new schedule has been posted:

Date Time et/pt Title
12/4/2003 10:30 PM - 11:00 PM Making it - From Novice to Pro
12/5/2003 1:30 AM - 2:00 AM Making it - From Novice to Pro
12/11/2003 10:30 PM - 11:00 PM Cute, Mean and Very Fast - Baja Buggy
12/12/2003 1:30 AM - 2:00 AM Cute, Mean and Very Fast - Baja Buggy
12/18/2003 10:30 PM - 11:00 PM Going First Class - Successful Teams
12/19/2003 1:30 AM - 2:00 AM Going First Class - Successful Teams
12/25/2003 10:30 PM - 11:00 PM How the Other Half Lives - Little Guys
12/26/2003 1:30 AM - 2:00 AM How the Other Half Lives - Little Guys

follow the link for the schedule ...also... you can sign up for email or text message reminders:
http://www.olntv.com/showviewer.asp?sid=101

enjoy !!
--

Racbaja

Allright all you baja bug lovers, tonight they are supposed to feature class 5 and 5/1600 on Off-Road A-Z. Larry McCallum should be featured in this one, he was interviewed at the 500.

www.bajacoalition.com

MikeLeung

Good show tonight. Showed a alot of Class 1's and 1600's. It is all again tonight...11 or 11:30 pm