Off-road.com

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Has anybody else noticed the quality of off-road.com starting to drop. I remember when they first started, every month they had full on "cover" stories, complete with in depth pictures on one of the new race trucks or even an older race truck that was doing really well. Now were lucky to get a feature story on a race truck once every couple of months. Its not like there is a lack of new trucks out there either! It seems like lately they don't really have any focus. They just put together a bunch of product reviews, some articles on quads and snowmobiles, and update you on what's happening in the rock crawling scene. It is the same old stuff every month! Maybe I'm crazy but I'd love to see some articles on new trucks and buggies!

Lets F*%KING RAGE!

Salvador

Reaction
Your right man, they had the Project Pre Rocker about a Ranger beeing modified, and have all the schedule too this truck, but they have like 1 year 1/2 with out any type of new stuff, they only have the story on new trucks, but what about the real budget or old type vehicle wanna be's??

Mexican PreRunner

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Project Pre rocker ran out of budget. I am sure Pat will have something to add to this thread.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

dezertchick

Reaction
If you look at the past issues of Orc you will notice who the editor was. Norm Lenhart kept the quality high, he is no longer a part of Orc. Their loss and ours because his talent was in every issue.

scott

Reaction
Yes, I've noticed that also, especially getting things such as results... usually there up right away, but it seems like you have to wait a couple of days...

mustafa

Reaction
They have become more commercial. They are not as focused on desert racing anymore and they are trying to appeal to a more diverse crowd. That's why it's all
product reviews, snowmobiles, rock-crawlers and ads for travel and hotel reservations...

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Don't forget the banners for singles ads too!

-Gabe

"Wanted: Good looking fit model type female for girlfriend/ co-driving duties. Love of the outdoors, travel, and motorsports.

Working knowledge of suspension theory, engines, and Spanish a plus!
Sick and twisted sense of humor a must. Ability to lift and secure a beadlocked 35 inch Baja TA onto back of Prerunner, proper radio etiquette and procedures, map reading skills, and GPS operation are desirable. Tattoos and piercings are fine!! Whiners, girly girls need not apply."

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
There are some women day laborers down on Mission and the 71 that I am sure would satisfy a few of your coveted traits.

Kris

ntsqd

Reaction
Are they cute ?

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee

poolman

Reaction
Kritter I never thought about it before but how come a person can stand on the street and run up to your truck begging for a job practically jump in the bed before you stop and not get arrested,but if some skank looking for a date did that you would get thrown in jail for soliciting sex?

Pigs get Fat...Hogs get Slaughtered

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Welcome to California...the land of unexplainable laws.

Kris

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Hi SykoJr,

Sorry I didn't get on this thread earlier as I just returned from Bay of LA and supporting a quad and mc run from SF to Bay of LA and back.

The reason why we are doing less Desert Racer content is because we must focus our time to meet the contributions of our advertisers. The fact of the matter is that so far, very few of the desert race, oriented vendors are willing to spend the book rate (about $12 per CPM) for ad space on ORC.

Unlike, all of our competitors in this on-line sector, we have to make ends meet every month which includes payroll for 5 people. So, we must go where the dollars are. Rock Crawling and Quads are absolutely huge in our monthly ad revenues.

Desert Racing is still one of my most favorite aspects of off-roading. I wish we could focus on it more but, please remeber that we serve the whole community and that's what has made the company viable through the "dot.com" downturn and on the road ahead. Never the less, we will continue to cover all SCORE and BITD events with hundreds of images per event and realtime commentary or results on same.

If you have any other questions on this subject or on any other issue, I will be glad to speak to you in person or via telephone.

Thanks for the concern.

See you at the Baja 500!

PJC

PJCinLV

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
RIIIIGHT!!!

RE:
"Wanted: Good looking fit model type female for girlfriend/ co-driving duties. Love of the outdoors, travel, and motorsports.

Working knowledge of suspension theory, engines, and Spanish a plus!
Sick and twisted sense of humor a must. Ability to lift and secure a beadlocked 35 inch Baja TA onto back of Prerunner, proper radio etiquette and procedures, map reading skills, and GPS operation are desirable. Tattoos and piercings are fine!! Whiners, girly girls need not apply."