"Off Road Drivers Union"

ProLite13

Reaction
"ORDU" something different. ( an off road drivers union as a whole non-biased web based) No rules not yet just let it rip.

This was a response that was made by me over in the Mid West Sportsman thread going on right now, as I was rambling it came to me. so I thought I would try to give it a life of it's own.

Response:

Lucas is not the answer to this problem either, unless they want to spread some love around. I agree Lucas sure does have the ability to do so over and before anyone else.
With the resources being in house so to speak stop being so selfish already and start giving back to the sport as a whole. It would take off like a wild fire with Santa Ana winds at it's back fueling the blaze.

The "PROS" don't even have a say in the matter at this point with the PDG really, except for a handful I guess. Nope I don't believe even the handful at the top do or would have anything to say as long as everybody is in bed together.

I don't like being negative either, normally it's not in my make up in the real world. Over here though in my racing world it's becoming the norm because something needs to be done. I have to many people I call friends that have put thier @SS and wallet on the line with this sport betting on the come "PROS" and "Sportsman"that are down and out now. Something needs to be addressed and someone has to make a stand.

Agreeded the Sportsman alone won't have the total pull to make changes through and through but they will have a major say in the Sportsman arena just by pulling together.

The rest of the sport needs to do the same right now the rest of the "PROS" need to see the light here and band together making a stand in unity.

(Off Road Drivers Union)= You can do what's being done today "ORDU" something different to help the sport grow.

I hate to be so negative on Lucas because with the resources available in house. I really think that could be the golden key for us as racers and our sport, but until the greed factor subsides I will be hammering away in one form or another.

P.S. there's something in the works here in AZ. right now as far as a new series and like minds are concerned so hopefully we will be able to finalize this thing and get the MId West racers to come out this way and get involved after the freeze hits back there.

DP:cool:

ProLite13

Reaction
Simply put.

"ORDU" something different.

Helping the sport grow one car at a time.

hoeker

Reaction
Website
www.rosshoek.com
the PDG is not a Union, MORR is not a union. be very careful with your initial concept and how you word things. we had some simple wording misunderstandings in our initial mission statement that created a lot of concern amongst our desired members. now we have the battle of "clearing the air" and convincing them we have the best interest of the sport in mind.

ProLite13

Reaction
10-4 thanks for the advice in this direction.

I really am a simple fella that just wants to see everyone together and moving in the right directions.

I want the PDG, MORR, and the individualists out there like myself to come together and not continue to fragment further apart.

I'm not here to hurt the sport the sport is hurting itself. My views are always in the direction for the betterment of the sport as a whole.

Simply put I thought with unity we might be able to help move things forward coming strictly from a drivers point of view on this one that's all.

When I put my promoters hat on it sure is amazing how everything reverses itself though.

40 years and the sport is really in the same place today that it has been all along with a few more candy sprinkles on top and a smoke screen to go with it.

Wrong wording here I guess on this one. Mods go ahead and close the thread for me please, then we can all crawl back into our boxes and hide out for another 40 years.

speedfun

Reaction
the PDG is not a Union, MORR is not a union. be very careful with your initial concept and how you word things. we had some simple wording misunderstandings in our initial mission statement that created a lot of concern amongst our desired members. now we have the battle of "clearing the air" and convincing them we have the best interest of the sport in mind.

what would you like to call it Ross?

sethc

Reaction
"ORDU" something different. ( an off road drivers union as a whole non-biased web based) No rules not yet just let it rip.

This was a response that was made by me over in the Mid West Sportsman thread going on right now, as I was rambling it came to me. so I thought I would try to give it a life of it's own.

Response:

Lucas is not the answer to this problem either, unless they want to spread some love around. I agree Lucas sure does have the ability to do so over and before anyone else.
With the resources being in house so to speak stop being so selfish already and start giving back to the sport as a whole. It would take off like a wild fire with Santa Ana winds at it's back fueling the blaze.

The "PROS" don't even have a say in the matter at this point with the PDG really, except for a handful I guess. Nope I don't believe even the handful at the top do or would have anything to say as long as everybody is in bed together.

I don't like being negative either, normally it's not in my make up in the real world. Over here though in my racing world it's becoming the norm because something needs to be done. I have to many people I call friends that have put thier @SS and wallet on the line with this sport betting on the come "PROS" and "Sportsman"that are down and out now. Something needs to be addressed and someone has to make a stand.

Agreeded the Sportsman alone won't have the total pull to make changes through and through but they will have a major say in the Sportsman arena just by pulling together.

The rest of the sport needs to do the same right now the rest of the "PROS" need to see the light here and band together making a stand in unity.

(Off Road Drivers Union)= You can do what's being done today "ORDU" something different to help the sport grow.

I hate to be so negative on Lucas because with the resources available in house. I really think that could be the golden key for us as racers and our sport, but until the greed factor subsides I will be hammering away in one form or another.

P.S. there's something in the works here in AZ. right now as far as a new series and like minds are concerned so hopefully we will be able to finalize this thing and get the MId West racers to come out this way and get involved after the freeze hits back there.

why not ask for Obama money while your at it.

HOLMES MOTORSPORTS

Reaction
No Union, If you haven't looked at the Glen Helen short course series yet you just might because the track is great with the berms and the doubles and the fast straight away jumps, makes for some really exciting races. Oh Ya! It's way cheaper to! It's only $10 ea to get in the gate and $300 to enter and 50% payback, Plus contingency doesn't this sound more driver friendly Way more family oreanted that's for sure. Contact Bob at bbmracing@aol.com or Call (909) 815-5811 for more info

ProLite13

Reaction
No Union, If you haven't looked at the Glen Helen short course series yet you just might because the track is great with the berms and the doubles and the fast straight away jumps, makes for some really exciting races. Oh Ya! It's way cheaper to! It's only $10 ea to get in the gate and $300 to enter and 50% payback, Plus contingency doesn't this sound more driver friendly Way more family oreanted that's for sure. Contact Bob at bbmracing@aol.com or Call (909) 815-5811 for more info

Agreed no union, I got it. Wrong wording I don't even know what a union is really. I was only looking for solutions, there's something that can be done without that and it looks like they're doing it at Glen Helen.

I like what your saying there, look for more exciting news coming soon.:D